Betting Talk

Cowboys vs Steelers??

rcb2181rcb2181 Senior Member
edited December 2008 in Sports Betting
Looking at the weather in PItt. for sunday..High is 26 Snow and Wind. Could mean trouble for the cowboys.???

Comments

• LUCKY777LUCKY777 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Not at all. Cowboys win this game.
  • ShacroShacro Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Pittsburgh is physical and they would probably play better in the snow. I like the Steelers in this game....partially because of my team getting into the playoffs but either way...

I dont see the Cowboys the same way I did in the first week of the season, which I dont think anyone does.

Steelers will hopefully smack the Cowgirls in the mouth.
  • Earn DaddyEarn Daddy Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Steelers dominate this game in the snow. HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    call me a homer if you want, i do, but here is what i got so far....

1. i have the same feeling late in the week that i did last Friday when i looked at bobby at work and said I really don't see a way the Pittsburgh doesn't blow out NE this week. getting that same feeling and it has a similar set-up. Romo comes back, and lights up two really shitty teams and now i hear talk of cowboys giving the giants trouble and playoff talk again. seeing as how Romo killed SF and Sea, i went back and dallas played no one this year outside of their div. i know they beat TB at home, but they were outgained 262-172, only TD drive had 4 TB penalties, 2 of which converted 3rd downs. sorry, lot of words just to say Pitt could win and big, and the cowboys have played nobody this year.

2. i don't think the cold is a big deal. Romo's first game back was on SNF and 32 degrees in Washington. of course this game is colder and may feature some wind and snow. it only becomes a big deal if Barber can't go or is limited in what he can do.

3. listening to a local sports talk show on my way to work last night, and host stated it is all the talk down there in big D. the weather. the newspapers, the team, the fans, seems everyone is awfully focused on the weather instead of the 9-3, number 1 defense in the NFLlike they should be.

4. having written all that worthless crap, i think it definitely comes down to can Romo win this game for dallas in the cold, snowy and windy weather? no, he can't. i figure he will be good for one or two turnovers come Sunday. that is the m.o. of this cowboys team isn't it? guys that can make one or two big plays a game, but also F-up a lot, hello Newman, i'm talking about you. he makes poor decisions and he will make some Sunday with 42 sacks, pressure defense comes calling and he can't rely on a running game. speaking of sacks, and having seen Harrison abuse Light, there is no way dallas leaves Adams solo vs Harrison. i don't know if they keep Witten in or use a RB to help, either way it is one less weapon for Romo to use.

5. it is funny, even though dallas d is top 10, the 5th faced by pitt this year, i have no worries at all about pitt moving the ball. they are soft on the run. pitt offense is avg 364/gm L3 games, crappy defenses i know, but a nice number still. all the talk of Big Ben and his three game stretch of 1 TD with 8 INTs, i hear little of his 1 pick in the L3 games. when they needed a play made in the pats game, he made it.

6. to sum it up, after witing all that worthless crap....if Barber is ineffective, long day for tony. he will not win this game by himself, and will turn it over. dallas soft schedule to this point. dallas defense sucks. steelers offensive line quietly improving, and ben very good L3 games. pitt grabs early lead and cruises to victory.

GL
  • pat2000pat2000 Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    I was wondering when someone was going to hit the point about Barber. Cold, Windy, Steeler weather, is perfect for Barber, but his pinky toe is crushed. He has some type of support for it, but they are being pretty quiet about whether he is going to play.

I haven't looked at the line yet, but in Pittsburgh, I have to like the Steelers. Romo is back and all that, but the Seahawks actually moved the ball on that defense. I am not sold on the Cowboy defense, and how can I not be sold on the Steeler defense. They are likely the best in the league.

Is Parker healthy again, and Big Ben has been playing better. Steelers should win.

Steelers D will stop the Boys more often than the Cowboys D stops the Steelers.
  • BradyBrady Banned
    edited December 2008
    love the steelers in this game.
    the AFC being better than the NFC dynamic will show up in this one..
    line should be around -4 to make you think twice but i'll gladly lay the 2 or 3 .