Betting Talk

Boogaloo's Thanksgiving day plays......

boogaloobboyboogaloobboy Member
edited November 2008 in Sports Betting
A little housekeeping first, posted plays are currently 19-3 and thats not counting 3-0 on the leans I posted for Monday night, in fact my posted leans are still about 8-4 so not so shabby. Guys at this time of year you are either a gambler or a sports bettor, and I firmly am the latter. One of my rules of thumb, and one of the reasons I am doing well the last few years on NFL plays is that I do not bet bad teams or bad lines. I want just as badly as all you to have some reason other than just boredom to really get into this turkey day's NFL lineup, but thats why I play fantasy football (for money of course). Unless you feel strongly about the games don't play them. And if you DO play them, be careful!! I hate putting money on bad teams, and I also hate (more than putting money on bad teams) laying big numbers in the NFL. The league is simply far to unpredictable to be giving away 10+ to anyone outside of the Lions.

All that said I won't touch the Dallas game or the Titans game with a ten foot pole. The Cardinals game?? Oh yes. Those of you who have been following my picks know I like the birds and have already posted 2 winning plays with them. And somehow, despite the Eagles WRETCHED showings the past 2 weeks the Cards are GETTING 3 this week. Go right now and play this one, the Cards are off a tough loss and need to keep the second seed in the playoffs locked up, while the Eagles are planning playoff vacations. The OT fiasco, followed by McNabbs idiotic comments, followed by the pulling, followed by more controversy mean this team is awash in mediocrity. Westbrook most likely will not play and if he does he will be a shell of himself, and Arizona puts up 24 points getting off the bus. Philly cannot and will not match this number and Arizona could well score 35+. Play the ML seperately if you want but make sure and get a unit on this one as I cannot imagine the line stays here.

Comments

• doc714doc714 Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    sounds like philly and the under to me.
  • Rainman.rckRainman.rck Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Love the Cardinals here.

Sorry, but I also love the Titans. It will be a bloodbath with their renewed focus/motivation. I am thinking something like 34-7. Maybe 31-10 best case for the Lions lol.
  • PSU598PSU598 Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    i think an arizona team total is safe...my book doesnt have a line for that one yet.

I think titans blow out the lions personally...they were lucky the game was close at one point. Daunte culpepper was 8 for 20 or something crazy like that. If you guys dont think the titans will hold the lions to around a TD then you are crazy.

Im not too sure about the dallas game though.
  • boogaloobboyboogaloobboy Member
    edited November 2008
    I have yet to see a Arizona team total either but if it is under 24 I'm on it big. I'm expecting that total to be set around 28.5 though. I haven't seen quarterly lines yet either.
  • mook44mook44 Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    I have Cards TTL @ 21.5 on Bookmaker.
  • 1adam121adam12 Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    watch eagles cover. not right but it could happen. Obvious - go the other way
  • BetSaintsBetSaints Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Good Luck...Like the AZ play
  • BradyBrady Banned
    edited November 2008
    for all those reason, I love Philly
  • rakim0821rakim0821 Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    for some reason i really like Over in Tenn...I know Tenn hasn't exactly lit up the score board only averaging 23.2 ppg...but i see them putting up at least 30 on this Detroit team.