Betting Talk

Dutrow Blames Kent D For Loss

Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
edited June 2008 in Sports Betting
DID ANYONE THINK DIFFERENTLY? story...www.cnnsi.com...w2w

Comments

• TopdagoTopdago Member
    edited June 2008
    I read and posted the story on another forum, and my opinion is Dutrow is an ass.This horse had steriods (the kind that are legal) given the 15 of every monthThey were not given to B/B in May for some reason.Now I am not saying they were the cause of the horse losing, what I am saying is the horse had nothing when K-D asked him to move as in two other races previous.What are you supposed to do when the horse does not respond,you just finish the race. I really think Kent thought somthing happened to the horse as he pulled him up.Whats the diffrence if he loses by 5 lengths ot 25 lengths he was destined to lose that day.To blame the jockey for losing the race is assinine, the horse that won the 2 previous races was just not the same horse that day.Also as I had posted I am not an expert on the ponies but there ar some signs that I always look for when I bet on a horse.First of all it was a hot day,about 90 dgs, but as B/B was entering the gate I noticed he was lathered btwn. his 2 rear legs. Anyone who knows the game knows that this is not a good sign.I thought it just may be the weather, but then I also noticed that I didn't see to many horses with this sign.Usually it means the horse is nervous,lather btwn. the rear legs is a good sign not to put too much faith in the horse.Also if anyone watched the whole program that day, it showed he was very rant in his stall,he was not at ease he was kicking upa storm.He is due to run in Aug. at Saratoga so lets see if they put Kent back on him again..
  • TopdagoTopdago Member
    edited June 2008
    Wire to Wire, I also meant to add I know you know what the hell your talking about as you probably know more about the game than most of us. I woud just like your opinion as if you tend to agree with Dutrow or not.I think Kent D felt awful that day, but then he is not the only jock to suffer the same fate as many others after winning the first two legs of the Triple Crown and not being able to come out on top in the last leg.Some time I tend to blame distance, and other times I think maybe we will not see a triple crowne winner for a long, long time.Jut an opinion though.Ciao
  • doggie29doggie29 Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    Dutrow is a complete asshole and is very bad for horse racing. I guess he must have watched a differnt race then the millions who saw a horse who had nothing left in his tank. My belief is that big browns foot was worse off then dutrow said and still wanted to run him in the race due to the triple crown shot and now since the horse lost he is looking for others to blame. I wish somebody would knock this guy out, with his big mouth.
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    I think it was the combination of steroids and the foot injury that caused it to appear he was trying to run on an empty tank.However,even though I think Dutrow is a bufoon,I would not put it past Kent D to pull him up when he knew he could not win so people would always remember this BELMONT.Don't mean to start a conspiracy thread...just a fantasy of mine.w2w
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited June 2008
    I have little or no interest in horse racing, following W2W occasionally on a big race just for the
    hell of it, but what I find comical, or at least ironic is that if Big Brown were an NBA official the screaming about a fix and a conspiracy would be endless, in spite of the proven past history of both horse racing and pro basketball. As for Tim D. or any other crook caught with his hand in the cookie jar, his latest revelations have to be taken with a grain of salt, the real fact of the matter being he will say anything the Feds want to get his sentence reduced. At this stage the Feds can smoke crack and put their wildest fantasies down on paper and Timmy boy will swear to it under oath, just for a few days off. Now, as for the trainer throwing the jockey under the bus, well in any other sport I guess we would refer to that as "bad chemistry in the clubhouse" but maybe that expression does not exist in horse racing.

PS: W2W - I can't express the admiration I have for a guy that has hung around for over 19,000 posts. You must have the hide of a Rhinocerous and been posting since the day Al Gore created the Internet. Anyway, just want you to know that as seldom as I play the ponies I don't do it without considering your thoughts. Thanks for your contributions, Key.
    edited June 2008
    THANKS KEY...JUST LOVE THE HORSES AND MOST OF THE POSTERS HERE...w2w
  • stucrossstucross Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    hey wire the trainer is the boss of the horse right.I look at this way the horse didnot have that day because the trainer new if he used steriods own that injury it would have killed the horse.Know he is using kent as an escuse for his mistake it is all own the trainer.When you are betting and trying to win you do anything to win.So horseracing is just a guess betting game because i know first hand my dad's brother owned a few horses at la downs.I know for a fact horseracing is like wwe.later that is just my take own this.Later wire win a lot of money o.k. buddy.
  • dsgatordsgator Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    hey stucross i think you need to go to skool u idiut.
  • MikeNyceMikeNyce Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    Very tough call here. From what I heard they wanted the horse to go to the lead and you could clearly see he was under restrain from the gate. I think the horse wanted the lead and Kent D. didnt want to put him there cause he knew the horse would never go W2W. The thing here is what if Kent went all out at the end and the horse broke down then what?
    edited June 2008
    It is a lose lose situation...but...I have no respect for the MUNCHKIN...His first words were if you remember...IT WAS TOO HOT...for him or the horse?The other 9 ran ok...BUT to be serious I think it was the steroids and foot injury...The rest of my post is TONGUE IN CHEEK...w2w
  • BetATLBetATL Super Moderator
    edited June 2008
    I don't know too much about Horses but I think the reason Big Brown didn't win is...

In the beginning of the race I really thought he wanted to get out and run but couldn't because he got pinned on the inside and got caught in a cluster. It looked like he got frustrated getting bumped around and getting dirt in his face and if you watch the race over it looked like he spent a lot of energy just getting to the outside.... once he was finally there it seemed like he was a step behind and using a lot of energy unlike the KY Derby and Preakness where he seemingly glided until the last turn and then ran away down the stretch. Once he got to that last turn I think he was spent from the first turn and having to use more energy than normal the first 3/4 of the race. It's like a pitcher who struggles in the 1st or a basketball player who is getting fouled but no calls or a quarterback that gets hit early... it gets in their head then throws them off.... I think that plus the no steroid...cracked foot...heat and whatever else just was enough to drain him and then since he had usualy been the "easiest, best" ride for Kent D he figured something was wrong physically and didn't want to hurt the horse which I still think was the right move...

JMO
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    Haunted -- I didn't think the ghosts of Real Quiet would be a factor, writing last week, "It's difficult to imagine (Kent) Desormeaux making a mistake that would cost Big Brown the race," but I was wrong. He messed with Big Brown from the start, fighting him throughout the opening quarter-mile in an effort to subjugate him to his own wishes. Why wouldn't he allow him to wallop the field wire-to-wire? It was tailor-made for the speedy colt, who broke sharply, but Desormeaux refused to allow him to run. Instead, he got all in his mouth, yanking Big Brown's head sideways only one jump out of the gate. He continued to fight him to the first turn. What a terrible ride from a Hall of Famer. Big Brown was the perfect engine in the Kentucky Derby (G1) and Preakness (G1), responding in a push-button manner to his jockey's every wish, but he didn't bring the same demeanor to the Belmont. He may have just spit the bit after being taken out of his game early in the race. One can claim that Big Brown didn't have it entering the race, but there's no denying that Desormeaux frustrated him.

This pretty much sums it up.
  • MikeNyceMikeNyce Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    I just watched the race again and this horse wanted the lead and Kent D wasnt going to let him go to the front no matter what. The funny thing is I read an article in the paper the other day that stated his orders were to send the horse to the front and let him run. Very interesting. Cant wait to see the Travers and what happens. Gotta think Colonel John will be back and a few others like Pletchers horses.