Betting Talk

BCS matchups are a joke.

bigdawgeatbigdawgeat Member
edited December 2007 in Sports Betting
I thought the idea was to put the best teams playing each other. I understand the traditional matchup argument w/ the Rose wanting their Big 10/ Pac 10 matchup but more deserving teams such as Missouri got screwed, and we have a good potential for a lot of blowouts that I really do not care to watch.

Comments

• Flaggy03Flaggy03 Senior Member
    edited December 2007
    I think Kansas is totally out of their league being placed in a BCS game. There are only 10 teams in the country that had an easier schedule....and KU didnt even win their B12 division. It sickening. Georgia is gonna smoke Hawaii. USC is gonna smoke Illinois by 28+. Kansas gets beat handedly....LSU/OSU is gonna be the only good game I feel.
  • artieartie Senior Member
    edited December 2007
    Flaggy, you are absolutely correct. These are not going to be great matchups. I am a SC season ticket holder and will be there for the Rose Bowl, but I love to watch on TV and watch in person GREAT matchups not complete blowouts. Looks as if the the OSU/LSU will be the game to watch!
  • Flaggy03Flaggy03 Senior Member
    edited December 2007
    I think in the end, the BCS ended up getting it right....the two best teams in the country are playing for the title. A strong case can be made for USC and Oklahoma....but the Trojans loss to Stanford is just too much to overlook. I'll be playing them big in the Rose Bowl.
  • artieartie Senior Member
    edited December 2007
    The loss to Stanford was what did SC in. Unfortunately SC did not deserve to win that game, I was in a state of shock as it was happening but SC did not play the game like the should have. Hindsight is 20/20 and Booty should have opted out of the 2nd half, but what is done is done!

The OSU/LSU showdown on January 7th will be a great game.
  • DozeDoze Banned
    edited December 2007
    its absolutely horrible.

usc is by far the best team right now. lost while qb was hurt, and will thump illinios by 30+
  • bigdawgeatbigdawgeat Member
    edited December 2007
    Anybody else like the over 69 in the Sugar Bowl. I'm thinking something like 52-31.
  • bigdawgeatbigdawgeat Member
    edited December 2007
    Another point is, it used to be if you lost early on and finished real strong it was better than losing late. Flaggy, I agree that LSU/OSU is a good matchup. However, I also think they are probably the 4th and 5th best teams now, having watched them all recently. I would take USC, Okl. or Ga. against either of them any day of the week at a neutral site.
  • Mr WesMr Wes Senior Member
    edited December 2007
    no matter what there are some great match ups out there.
  • DozeDoze Banned
    edited December 2007
    after watching pitt beat wvu i cant say there are such things as mismathces.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited December 2007
    Assuming LSU is 100% healthy by game time, OSU will get smoked by an SEC team again.

USC/ILL is that game for real? is the line out yet. It has to open at 20.5 and before settling at 23 or 24

UGA/Hawaii yuck. UGA 24.5

I don't think Oklahoma will have to punt in that game against WVU. O/U 77

How the hell did Kansas leapfrog a team that beat them? KU offense will give VT trouble and if Glennon isn't perfect, Jayhawks will pull the mild upset. That line should be VT 5.5
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited December 2007
    I kind of agree that the two best teams are playing, but no love for Oklahoma, They beat the #1 team twice even though not ranked the same. Both games they lost were on the road...... I do believe they are up there for the discussion, and should be above Georgia espically since they didnt even make thier championship game, I do believe OU would beat Georgia if they matched up..... And i think the best way to tell if the BCS games are a joke this year is by seeing the lines, if these lines are huge, 14+ pts then the matchups could be better.

If everyone remebers last year everyone was talking about Boise st. beeing over matched against OU but the line was only 6.5/7 points. and it came down to the wire and was argueably the best college football game. I hope this year turns out to be the same but im not expecting it.
    edited December 2007
    cleaned up on BSU last year, ML

didn't Purdue beat CMU like 900-2 in week one?
    edited December 2007
    UCONN vs WFU

ouch
    edited December 2007
    these ones look like they could be good:

FSU vs Kentucky

S Fla vs Oregon (only with Dixon)

Mizzou vs Arkansas

Michigan vs Florida (kidding, Florida by 31)

ASU vs Texas
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited December 2007
    the big games are out on Pinnacle, and USC is the biggest -13.5, VT -3, OU -6.5 (the same as last year) and LSU -5 Georgia -11
    edited December 2007
    USC 13.5

has the entire world gone mad?

A healthy USC will destroy Illini

and I hate USC