Betting Talk

help !

robbierobnjrobbierobnj Senior Member
edited July 2007 in Sports Betting
hey just got a call from the cops ! they picked up my local and his friends ! they have as a small player and nothing more but are threatning the to call the I R S if i do not grand jury testify . i dont know what i should do . making a bet is not illegal . Im on the up and up otherwise . guys advice please

Comments

• CoversSpreadCoversSpread Member
    edited July 2007
    Get in touch with your lawyer.
  • robbierobnjrobbierobnj Senior Member
    edited July 2007
    yea thought so ! i wont testify ! fuck it i'll pay the tax
  • TopdagoTopdago Member
    edited July 2007
    Robbie,If you can avoid a grand jury DO IT.When the hell are they going to stop picking up locals.I was picked up by the FBI many years ago for bookmaking.It was my first offense but I got a 3 year sentance {!5 days in the can}and the rest probation plus a $5000 fine and lawyers fees came to $7500. This was 1975 when a buck was a buck.Your better off robing a bank than make book. Probation was brutal as the judge told me if I got picked up for any gambling offense I would do the remaining 2yrs 11 months and 15 days behind bars.Your best bet is to get a lawyer as the IRS is brutal also, their like a credit card company. No matter how much you pay them it seems it's all interest and the number stays the same. I wish you luck my friend. Ciao Il Duce.
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited July 2007
    See how nice USam is w/my money. Invested in it bombs & lawyers!!

GL