Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2018
    kcburgh wrote: »
    This Fox Pregame crew for the WS will go down as the worst in history...

Smoltz came up with a beauty tonight. Paraphrasing, "teams that put up big crooked #s usually win in these type games."
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Smoltz came up with a beauty tonight. Paraphrasing, "teams that put up big crooked #s usually win in these type games."

Pure Genius. Is it me or what happen to this guy? When he first came up I really liked him now I wish he’d shut up. We talked on a few occasions back in the day when he was with The great Atlanta pitching staff. I remember them bringing the kid Steve Avery in with them when he was just a starry-eyed kid.
    But I have to say IMO one of the nicest guys you’ll meet.
    edited October 2018
    OT, just a theory. I think the play-by-play voice and color man need the proper chemistry. Joe Buck doesn't mix well with others. He's not like daddy for sure. I don't need to hear the player's last name yelled on every crucial play. Add to the fact this guy is over exposed.
    edited November 2018
    You gotta love these ex-athletes now owners. Magic Johnson puts Walton Jr. on notice after a 3-5 start as coach of the Lakers. JFC, give the guy a little rope.
    edited November 2018
    Michael Thomas' cellphone redo(JHorn) 15 years later. Entertaining? Yeah. Showing off/"Look at Me"? Yeah. Disrespectful to Rams? Yeah.
    What really matters here is how Coach Payton felt about it and subsequent penalty. I guarantee you he was livid. Remember the Jimmy Graham "dunking" fiasco? That put him on Sean Payton's shit list and outta Nola.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    didn't chad johnson or T.O do that also ???
    edited November 2018
    T.O. used a Sharpie prop. He also disrespected the Dallas logo at midfield. He took a shot for that.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Dan Dakich on the Ohio State/Cincy call...

“I’ll tell you this, I think that Texas is gonna be better without Mo Bamba...I like the song Mo Bamba. It’s a great song.”

I hadn’t pegged Dakich as a Sheck Wes guy.
    edited November 2018
    TommyL wrote: »
    Dan Dakich on the Ohio State/Cincy call...

“I’ll tell you this, I think that Texas is gonna be better without Mo Bamba...I like the song Mo Bamba. It’s a great song.”

I hadn’t pegged Dakich as a Sheck Wes guy.

I have no idea wth u r talking about. However, I do remember Dakich as a so-so hoopster on General Knight's Hoosiers. lol
    edited November 2018
    I have no idea wth u r talking about. However, I do remember Dakich as a so-so hoopster on General Knight's Hoosiers. lol

I wouldn't have expected any Sheck Wes on your playlist either Ron. :laugh:
    edited November 2018
    Tommy, Between Hannity now playing on Fox, and that video, I'm off to Walgreens for some Excedrin. :thanks:
    edited November 2018
    Tommy, Between Hannity now playing on Fox, and that video, I'm off to Walgreens for some Excedrin. :thanks:

It’s the big song that all the kids like, so I get to hear it about 10 times every Saturday at Penn St games.

Glad that someone else can feel my pain!

And hence you can see why I laugh at a 56 year old Dan Dakich liking it and considering it “great”.
    edited November 2018
    Goodell is getting his wish. Points and more points with chicken shit rules under the guise of player safety. What it really does is protect his boss' pockets from down the road litigation. Alright, the Chief/Rams game was exciting. Yeah, but give these 2 young talented QBs a tilted offensive playing field with favorable rules......you're turning the NFL into a glorified Arena League..
    The NFL sold out to offense and said the hell with parity.
    edited November 2018
    Last Saturday's Wyo/AF won by Wyo(-3) 35-27 has to be one of the top 5 CFB bad beats of all time. That's if you had the Air Force. When was the only time you've seen an opposing team decline a holding penalty when they were just scored on? Smart move though.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Anyone interested/care about this Tiger-Phil golf match on Friday...seeing Tiger -190.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    they would have pay me to watch such bullshit and even that id have to think about it.
    edited November 2018
    Lots of luck with the pay-per-view proceeds. I bet Tiger early and still won't watch paint dry. Football competition will kill viewership. The interest would be much more if the loser paid outta pocket. Some intermediate boxers would bet their entire purse on their outcome.
    There will be some artificial trash talk between these guys, but do they dislike each other? Doubt it.
    edited December 2018
    Todd Gurley being praised as the most unselfish player today? Maybe, but not the brightest. Pulled another TD halting run today versus Detroit while being up by 7.
    National Game of the Week preempted by the Bears/Gts overtime. Whatever happened to the network contractual agreement? I guess they can do whatever they want when 2 of the countries largest markets are involved. lmao
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    I believe the network contractual agreement only applies to the participating teams markets. They cut away here (Mass) to the start of Pats/Vikes.
    edited December 2018
    "First, bonus coverage offered after any early time slot games cannot be shown past the start of the late time slot (either 4:20 ET for the doubleheader network or 4:25 ET for the non-doubleheader network). This prevents people from continuing to watch the bonus coverage instead of seeing the beginning of the late doubleheader network's game (which is usually either their local team or the network's featured game)." source Wiki

Your Fox affiliate played by the rules. In most parts nationally, the featured national game(NE/MN) was preempted.
    edited December 2018
    "A 101-year-old man who credits daily Coors Light intake to long life scores free beer, brewery trip."
    Imagine drinking that sewer water daily?

https://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/ny-fea-101-year-man-coors-light-20181210-story.html
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    "A 101-year-old man who credits daily Coors Light intake to long life scores free beer, brewery trip."
    Imagine drinking that sewer water daily?

https://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/ny-fea-101-year-man-coors-light-20181210-story.html

Just take me out and shoot me!
    edited December 2018
    "Michael Cohen, President Trump's former fixer, sentenced to three years behind bars for 'smorgasbord of criminal conduct'"

Here's a guy that got "middled" in both first and second half. Initially turns "snitch" on POTUS and gets buried on the other end. For a shyster, he wasn't very smart. Obvious pregame choice wudda been "stand up" to Mueller and eventually win the game with a pardon from POTUS.
    Lotsa luck with the "rat" label in prison.
    edited December 2018
    I thought for sure that there would be some Harold Baines talk in this thread.
    edited December 2018

Nah, I'll leave that up to the most overrated manager in modern era........"The Russian"
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited December 2018

Ya mean how his enshrinement turns the Hall of Fame into the Hall of Had a Couple of Decent Seasons?
    edited December 2018
    Kdog,
    As a guy close to the BoSox, in your opinion should the team keep or shop Kimbrel going forward? thx
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    Kdog,
    As a guy close to the BoSox, in your opinion should the team keep or shop Kimbrel going forward? thx

If the contract length I've heard he's looking for is correct (6 years) then thanks for the memories Craig and without hesitation. If he's amenable to a shorter deal, say three years, then not so cut and dried. Personally though if I'm Dombrowski I look elsewhere and I look hard. Kimbrel's walks were up and his velocity down last year from 2017. His stats still look great on the surface but I think his heyday has passed.
    edited December 2018
    "Joan Steinbrenner, wife of late Yankees owner George Steinbrenner, dead at 83"

Maybe the shock of Harold Baines making the HOF before her late husband George contributed to her passing.