Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Next year when you partner up with a few regulars, ask them to remind the bar of your generosity. Oh yeah btw ask them do we get a refund in case of a bust?

10 g tip..I'd hope to not pay for a drink in quite a while..but it is NY
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    Am so glad the padres got him , good luck, and vegas hangs a whole 3 more wins to their season win total.
    Am so happy he is in the N.L AND the yankees were not taking part in that kind of contract .
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    jets96 wrote: »
    Am so glad the padres got him , good luck, and vegas hangs a whole 3 more wins to their season win total.
    Am so happy he is in the N.L AND the yankees were not taking part in that kind of contract .

Mind boggling that Cashman traded for Stantons 10 year 270 million dollar contract. The guy is going to be 39 when the contract ends, and nothing but a glorified DH. I guess these days, 27 mil a year gets you a .340 OBP, and 220 k’s. To think they still have Ellsbury another 2 years at 24 mil a year. The saddest thing is, they actually want him to be hurt, so he doesn’t take up a roster spot. Props to Cashman though, after 20 years, he finally stayed under the salary cap. I mean, he only cost the Yankees an extra 400 million in luxury tax. Can I have this guys job?
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    Dunno. I can't figure out the Friars. They gave away one of the best lefties in Brad Hand last year and now overpay for an occasional slacker in Machado.

The AAF? They will be lucky to finish out the year. No dinero.
    edited February 2019
    jammer, just off the top of my head, the Yankees are fine with lux tax issues , real fine.
    Elisbury , oh brother. Stranton is going to have a big year ,not worried about him , plenty of other ? on this team, like all teams.
    edited February 2019
    Rumor?
    Nah, Look for Rick Pitino to become new UNLV coach next year. University athletics need a spark.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    jets96 wrote: »
    jammer, just off the top of my head, the Yankees are fine with lux tax issues , real fine.
    Elisbury , oh brother. Stranton is going to have a big year ,not worried about him , plenty of other ? on this team, like all teams.

They are fine right now with the luxury tax, lots of young players who are not making any money. I was talking about the last 20 years. Cashman couldn't put a team together without staying under the cap. I mean, it's nice to be able to spend like that. If they didn't trade for Stanton's contract last year, Harper would have been a Yankee six months ago.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    jammer wrote: »
    Mind boggling that Cashman traded for Stanton's 10 year 270 million dollar contract. The guy is going to be 39 when the contract ends, and nothing but a glorified DH. I guess these days, 27 mil a year gets you a .340 OBP, and 220 k’s. To think they still have Ellsbury another 2 years at 24 mil a year. The saddest thing is, they actually want him to be hurt, so he doesn’t take up a roster spot. Props to Cashman though, after 20 years, he finally stayed under the salary cap. I mean, he only cost the Yankees an extra 400 million in luxury tax. Can I have this guys job?

Agree with your thoughts on Stanton they should have waited for Harper. To many righties and it may not show that much in the regular season but come playoff time that's going to cost them. The only thing I can think of is Jeter had lots to do with it and the fact is they got him for nothing.

Hey Ron I think San Diego made a great move as long as he plays third. The pitching they have that's going to come up and is going to something to see. Two should be up in this season early and possibly more by the end of the year. Watch this team after this year.. What Manny said was just stupid. From what I understand he's a great clubhouse guy and they only thing that people don't particularly care for is his fighting on the field. But check his numbers. teammates get along with him. Please lets not judge him in April/May just in case he gets off to a slow start. The Pads are building the right way and great to see.
    edited February 2019
    read yesterday that the padres probably have the best minor leagues in baseball , stocked with talent .
    only time will tell . Did like watching dave winfield play for the padres when i was going to school in S.D many moons ago.
    edited February 2019
    Hearing a lot of good things coming from Jersey legal sports betting. They're embarrassing Vegas already with there betting options that Vegas doesn't give and from what I understand asking there gaming board for permission for certain bets is almost an immediate answer and yes is the answer. Vegas takes weeks and say's no more than yes. I wish you could bet across state lines with an east coast mobile app I would drop everyone hear except the westgate. Vegas better start giving a little back.
    edited February 2019
    New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting sex at Florida spa...more details later at a presser.
    edited February 2019
    kcburgh wrote: »
    New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting sex at Florida spa...more details later at a presser.

MORE...Several outlets say police, Homeland Security, and IRS agents were involved in the bust that took place in Jupiter, Florida. Dozens of men are accused of being customers in the operation that allegedly operated out of local spas which advertised as massage parlors.
    edited February 2019

The definition of frugal? Kraft and another billionaire get pinched in a sleazy massage parlor for soliciting. The cost was less than a C-note for oral sex. The cheap pricks found a bargain Ok.
  • paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    The definition of frugal? Kraft and another billionaire get pinched in a sleazy massage parlor for soliciting. The cost was less than a C-note for oral sex. The cheap pricks found a bargain Ok.

My hunch is that this wasn't frugality. They thought that these women wouldn't leave a paper trail for law enforcement, recognize them well enough to potentially blackmail them, or be seen with them by neighbors or the public. And Kraft gave her $200 reportedly.
    edited February 2019
    My hunch is that this wasn't frugality. They thought that these women wouldn't leave a paper trail for law enforcement, recognize them well enough to potentially blackmail them, or be seen with them by neighbors or the public. And Kraft gave her $200 reportedly.

"The documents say Kraft arrived at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in a chauffeured 2015 blue Bentley at 11 a.m. on Jan. 20. He was videotaped receiving oral and manual sex from a woman at the spa in Jupiter. Officials say he gave her a $100 bill before leaving at 11:15 a.m."
  • paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    "The documents say Kraft arrived at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in a chauffeured 2015 blue Bentley at 11 a.m. on Jan. 20. He was videotaped receiving oral and manual sex from a woman at the spa in Jupiter. Officials say he gave her a $100 bill before leaving at 11:15 a.m."

He paid $100 for the massage at the front desk, then 15 minutes later when leaving he tipped the masseuse $100 plus one other unidentified bill.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/25/prosectutors-in-florida-say-new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-charged-in-prostitution-case.html
  • peteATSpeteATS Junior Member
    edited February 2019
    Played it cheap and went to the "rub-n-tug" oil house
    edited February 2019
    I remember a youtube video in 2009(when HS mixtapes were getting popular) of him as a 6'6 13 year old clowning everyone with guard handles and dunking all over them. Looked like the next possible Kevin Durant. He barely grew and his development has been underwhelming since then
    edited March 2019
    Anyone that follows college baseball in the northeast might have heard of rutgers baseball legend Fred Hill.

Hall of fame coach Fred Hill passed away yesterday , I got a chance to meet and talk to him while my son was making the rounds at colleges.

Coach Hill let me know that my son had plenty of upside which ill never forget , i also watched him coach and learn from him what and what shouldnt be done on a baseball field.

Coach Hill had 11 ncaa reg app ,12 reg season conf championships, and 8 conf torn titles.

RIP coach
    edited March 2019

KCB keep reading another paragraph down...."The former softball player, who will keep her role with “Sunday Night Baseball,"
    edited March 2019
    KCB keep reading another paragraph down...."The former softball player, who will keep her role with “Sunday Night Baseball,"

GREAT...also how is that not a conflict.
    edited March 2019
    Well let's give the Mets some credit. They are keeping with the times of eventual legalized sportsbetting in NY. They hired a former player experienced in that field. Who? Pete Rose's former runner John Franco.
    edited March 2019
    It will be interesting to see how things shape up to be in a couple of years from now. More and more states are starting to pass (or get ready to pass) regulations to allow sports betting.

Everybody wants a piece of the pie, i guess.

ESPN has a nice little tracker they continue to update pretty regularly

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19740480/gambling-sports-betting-bill-tracker-all-50-states

5TNQP9V.jpg
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2019

The guy came off as a major league douchebag in the Showtime series "Action"
    edited June 2019
    Message on DonBest website for schedule orders:

ROTATION SCHEDULE - THE OFFICIAL ONE

Please note that due to internal compliance policies, we are not able to accept orders or mail schedule books to certain restricted addresses such as the United States Penitentiaries.
    edited June 2019
    kane wrote: »
    The guy came off as a major league douchebag in the Showtime series "Action"

I thought the show was crap and did you really think he wasn't a major league douchebag before the show. I know Krack and I know Todd. Todd not personally. But what did the show actually do for anyone. The best was Kelly (I tease College Football games) The only guy and you didn't see much of and I apologize if I left out one or two was Gil Alexander. A sharp dude and should have been given more air time.
    edited June 2019
    Anyone catch the Stanley Cup Celebration tonight? Blues RW Steen is holding the cup over his head and screaming, "Boston Fuk You". I had to plug my ears. LOL