Betting Talk

Danshan's Island Thread

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    R40 wrote: »
    I was wrong. danshan is still a man on fire.

What does any of this have to do with CLV?

always energetic about a good bet!

I still live and die by CLV. I never pick anything unless I think the line will have value!

- - - Updated - - -
    R40 wrote: »
    How many units down on NBA were you this year?

I did not do well in the NBA and quit on it about playoff time. I made some changes to the NBA using my WNBA model and that did not work out well. WNBA model and NBA model are not friends at all. They are two different things.

- - - Updated - - -

the biggest problem I had in the NBA was totals, I did very well on sides. CLV was great on sides and I ended up units but the totals ate up all my CLV and profits! all this was with a WNBA model which I thought was stronger but this year I will go back to the NBA model for the NBA, it will be good I hope@!
    edited July 2019
    7-7 WNBA Plays
    Aces -5
    Mystics Under 161
    edited July 2019
    told you, Netherlands would not score but 2.5 would have been too much! way to go USA!
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    danshan wrote: »
    told you, Netherlands would not score but 2.5 would have been too much! way to go USA!

Thanks danshan, you gave me the courage I needed to bet U.S. money line. Great day for me today partly due to you.
    edited July 2019
    Vegas went good this under is looking suspicious at best right now!
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Danshan, thanks for the two picks today. Is you success rate with WNBA totals as high as your success with spreads?
    edited July 2019
    no I always do better on spreads, my spread confidence is way higher!
    vegas line moved with me probably just enough to cover the margin!
    the total did not move with me much.
    if I was a betting man (wait what did I say,LOL) i would put more on sides than totals for sure!
    both will be fine though. I think the model is pretty close as you can kinda see by the closeness of my projected lines and what they actually closed at

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <colgroup><col style="width: 43px"><col width="42"><col width="83"><col width="50"><col width="58"></colgroup><tbody>
    Date
    City
    Teams
    Mine
    Closing

7/7
    Las
    Aces

7/7
    New
    Liberty

7/7
    Wash
    Mystics

7/7
    Los
    Sparks

7/7
    Atla
    Dream

7/7
    Phoe
    Mercury

7/7
    Dall
    Wings

7/7
    Chic
    Sky

</tbody>
    edited July 2019
    anybody seen prediction by the numbers on netflix? it was pretty good!
    edited July 2019
    Josh Bell is going to be really fun to watch in the HR Derby!
    edited July 2019
    I put a few pebbles on Bell to advance, got it at -172 at fairlay! best price I could find online. Looks like you can get it in Vegas for -170, I think that is a steal on him!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    This May Help.

Players-who’s pitching to them

Bell- minor league teammate who’s not confidant

Vlad Jr-his BP pitcher

Chapman-Dad

Santana- his BP pitcher

Alonso-Cousin unbelievable strength +250 To short to play.

Bergman-Same as last year May surprise @8/1 or better

Acuna- ATL Coach,pitched in 1 Derby Dark Horse

Pederson-LAD coach,pitched in 2 Derby’s
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    And now Old Timer shows up!
    edited July 2019
    Summer League

Boston seems to be the bet at -3 but at -4 it's a pass
    Got screwed the other night although anything could happen the Over 175.5 with the score 80-74 at the 7:53 mark needing 22 points in almost 8 minutes. Also had NO +5 winning by 6 that looks good but far from a sure thing but I liked my chances before the earthquake.

Just heard a light wind blowing in from Right Field @ tonight's Home Run Contest.
    edited July 2019
    oh I bet it for fun, I thought the line might scoot to -200 or so with his popularity and being hot right now. I would not be surprised if he lights it up no matter who is pitching, he is on fire all the way around. I like Vlady just from watching the BP videos he has out right now just smooth as can be and crushing it without even swinging. I still like Bell to advance over Acuna!
    edited July 2019
    And for summer league, I just cant get a grip on a line with all the player movement
    edited July 2019
    oh I bet it for fun, I thought the line might scoot to -200 or so with his popularity and being hot right now. I would not be surprised if he lights it up no matter who is pitching, he is on fire all the way around. I like Vlady just from watching the BP videos he has out right now just smooth as can be and crushing it without even swinging. I still like Bell to advance over Acuna!

That was for Information only. Funny I can't remember who bet this with me I want to say Jets but the first and only Home Run Contest I bet and hit was Cano at 9/1. I remember talking with someone and we both bet it and hit it.
    edited July 2019
    who is your 1st rd "shoe in" pick to advance Old timer?
    edited July 2019
    who is your 1st rd "shoe in" pick to advance Old timer?

No Shoe in I don't know what to actually look at. EX: Both Penderson and Bergman aren't really hitting the ball the past two weeks or so but does that have anything to do with a Home Run Contest. I don't think so but if I have to choose for the overall leader after the 1st round I would look for someone who's been there before or has someone throwing to them that's been there before.

Most players tend to swing at almost every pitch and your wearing yourself down to quickly. I understand there's a time clock but knowing how to pace yourself IMO is a big advantage. Then looking at this ballpark your pretty much looking for a left handed bat.
    So Let's look at Santana, Pederson or Bell. Just for fun I would take Pederson to be the leader after the 1st Round if that's what your asking. I don't like short odds in things like this and if Pederson was 8/1 or so I'd take a small flyer.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever thought of Dutching 3 players and as long as one of them win you profit.
    edited July 2019
    I dont want profit, I want drunk get excited action! All star break is a break for me as well
    edited July 2019
    I dont want profit, I want drunk get excited action! All star break is a break for me as well

Have a Blast, Do a shot for every 5 Home runs your guy hits.
    edited July 2019
    BTC is looking good! http://jgexchange.com/converter/ to the moon alice!
  • crashcrash Member
    edited July 2019

I will bet on just about anything. However, the home run derby is in the same category as the Hot Dog eating contest is for me. Too random to risk money on it. Like you always talk about CLV, I always want to at least delude myself that I have an edge.
    edited July 2019
    I suspected the Bell line would go up and it has I bet at -172 and it is sitting roughly about -185 -190 around the street. I am just doing it and discussing it for fun! I have no intention of gaining an edge here, this is beer and fun!

I hope Bell advances that is my bet and I hope we have a good time watching him do it

- - - Updated - - -

I just dont know how to quantify props, so they are purely recreational. I dont bet for fun on major sports, I bet for line value!
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    BTC is looking good! http://jgexchange.com/converter/ to the moon alice!

Danshan, do spend much of your bitcoin as bitcoin? Or do you convert it all to dollars first?
    edited July 2019
    I use fairlay mainly so I use a ton of bitcoin and I use a Gemini account to cash out to my bank, I long term store my btc on a keepkey!
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    crash wrote: »
    I will bet on just about anything. However, the home run derby is in the same category as the Hot Dog eating contest is for me. Too random to risk money on it. Like you always talk about CLV, I always want to at least delude myself that I have an edge.

tweet of the year - my vote
    edited July 2019
    Bell just does not have the power he cant reach the fence
    edited July 2019
    I am going all in against Acuna, Alonso is a sleeper who will wake up once he gets the groove he is money in the 2nd round!
    edited July 2019
    I am going all in against Acuna, Alonso is a sleeper who will wake up once he gets the groove he is money in the 2nd round!

His Pitcher Sucks
    edited July 2019
    Worked out good and was tons of fun!