Betting Talk

Danshan vote ...

jets96jets96 Senior Member
edited July 2019 in Sports Betting
We are allowed to vote him back in or not.
Not sure how to start this and for how long to run the vote.
I start by saying he should be allowed back in and made to stay in one thread , that way if you don't want to look ,dont. If you start a thread and he wants to make comments about it he can put them in his thread and not clutter yours.
You guys have a better idea ?

jets vote yes

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2019
    No thanks.
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, have him back.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    nay.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    LOL. danshan is off to a rough start.

Aye.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    nope
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Nope
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    3-2 for danshan...voting is closed lol
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited July 2019
    jets96 wrote: »
    3-2 for danshan...voting is closed lol

I'll go ahead and vote yes given the single thread guideline proposed by Jets.

So 4 to 4 now.

Need a tiebreaker.
    edited July 2019
    lmfao , tie goes to the runner doesn't it.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    He at least talks sports so Id lean yes
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes...
  • h82loseh82lose Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    this place is dead right now. although hopefully will get better come football. We are limited in posters. Seems like everyone is on twitter these days. so i would lean yes regardless of his previous antics
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't think danshan actually needs any restrictions. He was new to gambling forums when he started posting here and was not familiar with BT etiquette. He was searching for info anyhow and any way he could get it and tried to push things. He has since learned a lot and will probably stay in his lane.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    I like the single thread idea. Easy enough ignore.
    Yes
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Why in the world would you want him back in this forum? No he should not be in the forum.

There was nothing wrong with him asking questions. He could ask the dumbest question there is... nothing wrong with that. I ask ton of questions as well. My issue with this guy is he then calls people out on stuff when they try to answer his question. How rude is that? If someone is giving you their answer or opinion, then he argues against them.

Then he talks about his system that he uses. How do you guys even know its a legit system? How do you know he even has a clue what he is doing is correct or inputting data correctly? Also he would say how his numbers show this and that. I mean, is his system and numbers more legit than most of the modelers out there? Didn't he say he models? If he does, how is it possible someone who does complicated modeling in sportsbetting ask some questions... that even i could answer. His model might be completely wrong. Its like imagine an advanced chemist doing his thing and then he doesn't know the basic chemistry questions. Its like... how can you have a system that is advanced... yet you are asking completely basic questions? Because if you are, wouldn't your system probably have tons of mistakes or is completely wrong because you don't even know the absolute basics?
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    donny2 wrote: »
    Why in the world would you want him back in this forum? No he should not be in the forum.
    There was nothing wrong with him asking questions. He could ask the dumbest question there is... nothing wrong with that. I ask ton of questions as well.

What qualifications do you have to call this man out? You call him RUDE? How many fuking times have you used the "thank you" button? ZERO and you ask a ton of questions. You just made me a registered voter here. Bring the pain in the ass back. His knowledge in other fields overcome the negatives.
    edited July 2019
    Ronbets

His knowledge in other fields overcome the negatives.

We have had our issues in the past, but that statement is 110 % correct.

He emailed me a ton of stuff today on this fire stick shit that i know nothing about, he sent me a link for something that i can hook my tv up to , so i can watch four different games, knew nothing about stuff like that, I ask him to crunch some numbers for me ,no problem.

I hope he reads this because, he did fuck me on my nfl model he put together for me , that's for another day.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2019

There was nothing wrong with him asking questions. He could ask the dumbest question there is... nothing wrong with that. I ask ton of questions as well. My issue with this guy is he then calls people out on stuff when they try to answer his question. How rude is that? If someone is giving you their answer or opinion, then he argues against them.

Then he talks about his system that he uses. How do you guys even know its a legit system? How do you know he even has a clue what he is doing is correct or inputting data correctly? Also he would say how his numbers show this and that. I mean, is his system and numbers more legit than most of the modelers out there? Didn't he say he models? If he does, how is it possible someone who does complicated modeling in sportsbetting ask some questions... that even i could answer. His model might be completely wrong. Its like imagine an advanced chemist doing his thing and then he doesn't know the basic chemistry questions. Its like... how can you have a system that is advanced... yet you are asking completely basic questions? Because if you are, wouldn't your system probably have tons of mistakes or is completely wrong because you don't even know the absolute basics?

Come on donny2, you have not had a decent thread since danshan left. You are still mad that danshan won $40,000 at Pinnacle.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    I vote yes. He was providing a bunch of WNBA plays that showed promise. More than most can say.
  • crashcrash Member
    edited July 2019
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    I vote yes. He was providing a bunch of WNBA plays that showed promise. More than most can say.

I vote yes.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    danshan on a good run with most posters having weighted in now.
    edited July 2019
    R40 wrote: »
    Come on donny2, you have not had a decent thread since danshan left. You are still mad that danshan won $40,000 at Pinnacle.

I don't care whether he wins or loses. Its i dont understand how someone can be a modeler and be supposed be an expert in advanced stats yet... why does he ask silly question about closing lines and beating the closing line when the answer is pretty obvious to most ppl here. That to me is what makes zero sense to me.

Well I can bet at pinnacle unlike most of you since I have a residence outside the US and outside the US at the moment.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't care whether he wins or loses. Its i dont understand how someone can be a modeler and be supposed be an expert in advanced stats yet... why does he ask silly question about closing lines and beating the closing line when the answer is pretty obvious to most ppl here. That to me is what makes zero sense to me.

Well I can bet at pinnacle unlike most of you since I have a residence outside the US and outside the US at the moment.

We've already been over this donny2. danshan is not an experienced gambler. He is experienced at models. He made his way to BT because it was the most advanced and where he could learn the most. But danshan already knew more than people who post here so he could not get any answers. He asked a lot of dumb questions because he was ignorant. As I said when he got banned, danshan is something of an idiot savant. He is more idiot than savant so he gave a bad impression.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2019

What brings you to this 'in your face' observation? R U sure?
    edited July 2019
    We've already been over this donny2. danshan is not an experienced gambler. He is experienced at models. He made his way to BT because it was the most advanced and where he could learn the most. But danshan already knew more than people who post here so he could not get any answers. He asked a lot of dumb questions because he was ignorant. As I said when he got banned, danshan is something of an idiot savant. He is more idiot than savant so he gave a bad impression.

How do you know his model is legit? So how can he model if he doesn't seem to know the basics and ask basic questions? That to me make no sense at all. Its like him knowing a complicated level of math... but then can't comprehend basic elementary stuff. Did anyone here examine his model and then confirmed its legit? That is the big question here. Anyone can easily say i have a model when there is no model.

Do i think he has a model? Yes. But what he puts in the model, he could be putting incomplete things to it. Also did he beat the closing lines with those model plays and numbers?

- - - Updated - - -
    Ronbets wrote: »
    What brings you to this 'in your face' observation? R U sure?

Well I'm American but relocated outside the US years ago. This was due to online poker... not sportsbetting. And because of that, i can play on all the nonus sites like stars, partypoker and also bet on books that americans can't use such as pinnacle and a bunch of other ones that most Americans can't have an account on.

I only mentioned this since the other poster mentioned pinnacle. Also i mean directly with pinnacle and not an agent.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    How do you know his model is legit? So how can he model if he doesn't seem to know the basics and ask basic questions? That to me make no sense at all. Its like him knowing a complicated level of math... but then can't comprehend basic elementary stuff. Did anyone here examine his model and then confirmed its legit? That is the big question here. Anyone can easily say i have a model when there is no model.

Do i think he has a model? Yes. But what he puts in the model, he could be putting incomplete things to it. Also did he beat the closing lines with those model plays and numbers?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the results of his WNBA and CFL threads? He has a pretty legit model.

But it does not matter if he has a legit model or not. Even if he is a dullard, he still the most advanced modeler that consistently posts here. Whether he wins or not is irrelevant.

If he stays out of people's pick threads, he will be alright.

danshan had a lot of discussions with modelers at SBR around the world. He did not advance far but he at least lost some of his steam.
  • ct5320ct5320 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Danshan - Yes
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    One thread ok yes
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Same thing one thread is fine. Ignore or not!
    edited July 2019

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the results of his WNBA and CFL threads? He has a pretty legit model.

But it does not matter if he has a legit model or not. Even if he is a dullard, he still the most advanced modeler that consistently posts here. Whether he wins or not is irrelevant.

If he stays out of people's pick threads, he will be alright.

danshan had a lot of discussions with modelers at SBR around the world. He did not advance far but he at least lost some of his steam.

I saw his threads. But all he was doing was posting plays. Yes he did post a winning record for both of those sports. However, you seen his horrible record in mlb? What about nba?

Also when someone keeps saying things like i don't know how to cap, how can anyone take him serious at all? He mentioned he did comparative analysis or something like that so he is math based. Yet when betting sports, he is just going to win from that experience alone? He kept saying he is a modeler. How you know he isn't using it incorrectly for sports? He posted cfl plays. Im wondering does he even know how the scoring system goes there? Its not like nfl where its only touchdown and field goals.

You honestly would tail his plays with the language he uses? He is like joking or trolling around when he posts. I can't believe anyone here takes him seriously. He wasn't beating closing value in the other sports. He could easily beat it due to a small sample as in wnba and cfl. If he post an entire season in all the sports, he would be down units easily. He keeps talking about his model... imagine he revealed what he does in his model for certain sports. Then you guys are going to figure out... this guy is putting things incorrectly into it or doing it wrong.