Betting Talk

Danshan vote ...

2»

Comments

• BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    no one is saying you have to follow him. If you feel so strongly about his inability to produce, and are so inclined, bet against his plays. But, your arguments for him not being allowed to post here seem to be centered around his process and ability. If only winning, transparent handicappers were allowed to post plays here, there would be even less traffic than there already is. (or practically none at all--lol)
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    donny2 wrote: »
    R40 wrote: »

I saw his threads. But all he was doing was posting plays. Yes he did post a winning record for both of those sports. However, you seen his horrible record in mlb? What about nba?

Also when someone keeps saying things like i don't know how to cap, how can anyone take him serious at all? He mentioned he did comparative analysis or something like that so he is math based. Yet when betting sports, he is just going to win from that experience alone? He kept saying he is a modeler. How you know he isn't using it incorrectly for sports? He posted cfl plays. Im wondering does he even know how the scoring system goes there? Its not like nfl where its only touchdown and field goals.

You honestly would tail his plays with the language he uses? He is like joking or trolling around when he posts. I can't believe anyone here takes him seriously. He wasn't beating closing value in the other sports. He could easily beat it due to a small sample as in wnba and cfl. If he post an entire season in all the sports, he would be down units easily. He keeps talking about his model... imagine he revealed what he does in his model for certain sports. Then you guys are going to figure out... this guy is putting things incorrectly into it or doing it wrong.

donny2, you are not handicapping correctly. You have a double standard. By your standards, you should get the boot.

All danshan ever did was aggravate people because he was a novice and did not understand BT etiquette. He both overestimated people's ability and assumed he could get something from people that could give him nothing and underestimated the knowledge of the average gambler and tried to preach CLV to the converted. He was and is trying to learn. He was a man on fire. He has now had a year on the forums and has cooled down.
  • in2winin2win Junior Member
    edited July 2019
    I'll say yes. In this day and age with the sissification of America and everyone being offended by everything his banning almost feeds into it. If you don't like something he says then ignore it......its that easy.

I didn't see anything threatening by him or wishing harm on anybody.

Ignore him if you don't like him............it doesn't get much easier then that
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    h82lose wrote: »
    this place is dead right now. although hopefully will get better come football. We are limited in posters. Seems like everyone is on twitter these days. so i would lean yes regardless of his previous antics

I agree with this, admittedly I don't come here that often, and I'm not that familiar with the guy, but this place has been a morgue for the past few years, obviously he's a controversial poster, but anyone who can pump some life into this place is fine by me, so I vote yes
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Sure, can't do too much harm being confined to his thread.

I'll interact with him until he tells me winning doesn't matter. I'll tell him my man doesn't accept payment in CLV and then ignore him.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Yea I mean if you confine him to his own thread I don’t see the harm. I also agree with in2win that the inability of people to tolerate things they don’t like is pathetic. I’ll get off my soap box but I say at worst his own thread is fine. Those that don’t like him stay away.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    I think by reading all the posts, Danshan looks like he has been voted back in, with permission from Ed can I tell Danshan he is back in , maybe keep the voting open till tomorrow ? He can start posting IN HIS OWN THREAD , if you don't want to interact with him , DONT.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    This vote could have gone differently if the people that did not like danshan still read the forum.
    edited July 2019
    So how long do you want to wait , football season ? Maybe it was a bad time to start the vote with the holiday. Any suggestions ?
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    jets96 wrote: »
    So how long do you want to wait , football season ? Maybe it was a bad time to start the vote with the holiday. Any suggestions ?

The sooner he comes back, the sooner he can start posting WNBA winners...
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    I think by reading all the posts, Danshan looks like he has been voted back in, with permission from Ed can I tell Danshan he is back in

Jets, you are breaking the chain-of-command. You're jumping over Goats and TommyL.
    edited July 2019
    my bad , and i was in the navy i should have known better , but i did refer to ed
    edited July 2019
    my bad , and i was in the navy i should have known better , but i did refer to ed

A non-lifer E-4 can be excused:oh:
  • cshcsh Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Imagine saying yes
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    How can anyone here take him seriously? His posts sound like he is joking around. When he starts posting like this... remember i don't know nothing... you really going to take advice from some guy like that? When he posts and then ends it with an exclamation point, i dont know how anyone can take him seriously at all.
    edited July 2019
    Donny2, the voting is over. He's reinstated. Under strict parameters, he's confined to his own thread. So if you gotta beef with him, go to his thread and give him a chance to respond. Don't post your gripe here.