Betting Talk

2019 Wisconsin football predictions

gander1gander1 Junior Member
edited March 2019 in Sports Betting
This is pretty easy based the team's defensive-minded / offensive challenged approach:

1) Jack Coan will be the starting QB for the season-opener against South Florida on August 30th (Coach Chryst wouldn't start a
true freshman quarterback even if they were the second coming of Joe Montana in spring practice).
2) The team will finish with a record of 8-4 (perhaps 9-3 at the outside).
3) The team will lose at least one Big 10 game when a favorite to a weaker opponent because of their inability to come from
behind late in a game (no deep-threat passing attack).
4) The team will not play in the Big 10 Championship game
5) The team will play in a minor Bowl Game prior to New Year's Day.

Comments

• BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited March 2019
    6) Lots of fat people dressed in Red and White will attend the home games
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited March 2019
    sadly 4-6(including Benny's) sound right about every year..
  • PotlickerPotlicker Senior Member
    edited March 2019

HEY! I represent that remark! Go Bucky!
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited March 2019
    I will go out on a limb, and say the true freshman Graham Mertz will be the starting QB for the majority of the season (barring injury) and maybe even in game one. If so, he would be the first true freshman to start under center for Wisconsin since 1991
    edited March 2019

Benny---you cut me to the quick--lol
    edited March 2019
    kcburgh wrote: »
    sadly 4-6(including Benny's) sound right about every year..

kc--you must just be trolling--correct? To say 4-6 sounds about right every year? Since 2001 their worst seasonal record is 7-6 and since 2001 they've only had 2 losing seasons (4-5-2 in 1995 and 5-7 in 2001) Also since 1992 their overall record is 217-95-6 And they've gone to a bowl game for 17 years in a row so how do you come up with 4-6 sound about right every year?
    edited March 2019
    kc--you must just be trolling--correct? To say 4-6 sounds about right every year? Since 2001 their worst seasonal record is 7-6 and since 2001 they've only had 2 losing seasons (4-5-2 in 1995 and 5-7 in 2001) Also since 1992 their overall record is 217-95-6 And they've gone to a bowl game for 17 years in a row so how do you come up with 4-6 sound about right every year?

OOPS--that should read: since 1992 they've only had 2 losing seasons
  • gander1gander1 Junior Member
    edited March 2019
    Sadly, you're right. I business-traveled to Wisconsin frequently before retiring and based on that, I'm going to add 6(a) Collectively, the heaviest bunch of women both young and old that I ever saw residing in one State.

• jmanjman Senior Member
    edited March 2019
    I believe KCburgh was referring to statements 4-6, not a record of 4-6.
    edited March 2019
    jman wrote: »
    I believe KCburgh was referring to statements 4-6, not a record of 4-6.

Thanks--I see what was intended. But even that is inaccurate, as Wisconsin has appeared in 5 of the 8 B1G championship games, more than anyone else
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited March 2019
    Bucky, there are 10 of my buddies heading to Tampa st pete for the Wisconsin game over Labor Day. Golf, football and drinks. It’s a long 6 months , but can’t wait to see the Badgers!