Betting Talk

BuckyBadger

namathfannamathfan Senior Member
edited March 2019 in Sports Betting
Any info on the reason Hornibrook left?

Don't want to believe he was messing around with one of the OL's girlfriend.

Comments

• BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes, that is a rumor which has run rampant. I first heard about it back in Oct. From the info I was told by a player on the team (supposedly a friend of Hornibrook’s) it is a totally false report. There does seem to be a lot of smoke if there is in fact no fire. At the end of the day, I believe the Wis staff was not entirely comfortable with Alex’s concussion situation as he seemed to have recurring symptoms, even though he was cleared by the medical staff to participate in spring drills and practice. He will get his business degree in May and therefore be able to transfer and play in the upcoming season. Personally, I certainly wish that he’d have stayed. And although Mertz has looked beyond great in spring drills, and with Hornibrook now gone the runway is cleared for him to become the heir apparent even though he will be a true freshman, and no true fresh has srarted at QB for the Badgers since like 1987 (Don Morton’s first year). But he’s still a freshman and a lot of “funny” things could happen between now and that first game at South Florida.
  • gander1gander1 Junior Member
    edited March 2019
    You guys seem to be forgetting about #17 Jack Coan. Played very well in the Pinstripe Bowl here in NY. Let's not forget that in Coach Chryst's antiquated offensive system - all that is required of the quarterback is basically to hand the ball off to Jonathan Taylor and throw short passes when third and long. Essentially, the QB for Wisconsin is a game manager and not a play maker (unlike most other college football teams).

Yes, that is a rumor which has run rampant. I first heard about it back in Oct. From the info I was told by a player on the team (supposedly a friend of Hornibrook’s) it is a totally false report. There does seem to be a lot of smoke if there is in fact no fire. At the end of the day, I believe the Wis staff was not entirely comfortable with Alex’s concussion situation as he seemed to have recurring symptoms, even though he was cleared by the medical staff to participate in spring drills and practice. He will get his business degree in May and therefore be able to transfer and play in the upcoming season. Personally, I certainly wish that he’d have stayed. And although Mertz has looked beyond great in spring drills, and with Hornibrook now gone the runway is cleared for him to become the heir apparent even though he will be a true freshman, and no true fresh has srarted at QB for the Badgers since like 1987 (Don Morton’s first year). But he’s still a freshman and a lot of “funny” things could happen between now and that first game at South Florida.
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for the info Bucky.