Betting Talk

Feeling nostalgic

peacemakerpeacemaker Senior Member
edited November 2019 in Sports Betting
Any still aboard with a fond recollection of BlackJack21?

And with a posted 0-0 record and credibility adding yet another “zero”...

780 La Tech -3
725 Hall over 150

Enjoy the evening.

Comments

• StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    peacemaker wrote: »
    Any still aboard with a fond recollection of BlackJack21?

And with a posted 0-0 record and credibility adding yet another “zero”...

780 La Tech -3
    725 Hall over 150

Enjoy the evening.

He was hilarious even though most of his bit was related to a young boy named Miguel. Original stuff. I remember he got married and just dropped off the forum almost immediately.
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    As long as we are remembering, what was the name of the handicapper that was on here about 10 years ago? He was a college kid, did great write ups on college football? Port? Dort? I thought he went to Kansas back then? Anybody remember him?
  • milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    Where have you gone.... I think the screen name was BKLR. Dude would be in the chat, for b-ball every night. Made me lots of money back about 10 yrs ago.
    edited February 2019
    Hey, Milfy. I remember that chat room. We used to say “all rise, all rise, King BKLR is in the house”! Too funny. He has some great first half plays..

But that wasn’t the kid I was talking about.. what was his name?
  • acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    the 2 I remember the most and made the most $ betting on were BENNIE and Joe something, all of BENNIES posts were titled WINNER, think someone ran him off and he was an older fella if I remember right, and Joe handicapped the wnba and had 1 of the best records I can remember in my lifetime.

- - - Updated - - -
    Stricknine wrote: »
    He was hilarious even though most of his bit was related to a young boy named Miguel. Original stuff. I remember he got married and just dropped off the forum almost immediately.

"Miguel"
    really made me lol, funny stuff
  • chakachaka Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    maybe NROPP? He always had good write-ups.
    edited February 2019
    No, don’t remember him. Maybe Ed knows?
    edited February 2019
    From memory, I don't think his records were very stellar, but his write-ups had a lot of good info. I want to say he mainly followed the MAC but could be wrong.
    edited February 2019
    chaka wrote: »
    From memory, I don't think his records were very stellar, but his write-ups had a lot of good info. I want to say he mainly followed the MAC but could be wrong.

I thought he was around 55%?
    edited February 2019
    He may have been. I just remember the detailed write-ups.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    minger2123 wrote: »
    As long as we are remembering, what was the name of the handicapper that was on here about 10 years ago? He was a college kid, did great write ups on college football? Port? Dort? I thought he went to Kansas back then? Anybody remember him?

That was Stevie; good in CFB
    Crimson Tide fan
    edited February 2019
    I found him in a 2008 thread his name was .. HORN. Remember he was big Alabama fan? Where did he go? Anybody remember these names??

peaymania
    Deano
    Brillo12
    Rudynyc27
    Chumly
    Beefcake
    Pixler
    hotbusstop
    produce
    Spanki
    Coach
    BKLR

Good times back in 2008... where did these guys go?
  • fishboomfishboom Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    Peaymania posts college football. Beefcake posts oscars.

Boom
  • milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    Did rudynyc try and go tout? I thought so, but could be mistaken. I remember others like BiggT and footballpix
  • fishboomfishboom Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    I also remember BlackMamba. Don’t know his record, but one Sunday, he went 17-0 ATS in the NFL. Unbelievable!

boom
    edited February 2019
    fishboom wrote: »
    I also remember BlackMamba. Don’t know his record, but one Sunday, he went 17-0 ATS in the NFL. Unbelievable!

boom

Yes, I remember that guy too. Hit em all. Good name there.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    Blackjack always bought two points in ncaa hoops.

RBIrish always bet dogs on the moneyline. Huge ND fan.

Bennie posting his "WINNER" thread is the reason I came to Bettingtalk. His football plays were solid.

Dubpoet or something along those lines posted long shot moneyline parlays. I think he was in Philly.

Marquis was around and posted NBA in 2004-2005. He always thought he was the smartest guy in the room.

Footballpix: I think he did something shady against Ed. He used to be a sponsor on the site and the preferred Tout on the forum for football. I don't remember him being that successful. Rarely if ever played his selections so could be wrong.

AAASports or something similar was another tout type poster who would play a lot of SEC games. He had solid write-ups and plays seemed ok. He was actually a pretty decent contributor.
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited November 2019
    Stricknine wrote: »
    Blackjack always bought two points in ncaa hoops.

RBIrish always bet dogs on the moneyline. Huge ND fan.

Bennie posting his "WINNER" thread is the reason I came to Bettingtalk. His football plays were solid.

Dubpoet or something along those lines posted long shot moneyline parlays. I think he was in Philly.

Marquis was around and posted NBA in 2004-2005. He always thought he was the smartest guy in the room.

Footballpix: I think he did something shady against Ed. He used to be a sponsor on the site and the preferred Tout on the forum for football. I don't remember him being that successful. Rarely if ever played his selections so could be wrong.

AAASports or something similar was another tout type poster who would play a lot of SEC games. He had solid write-ups and plays seemed ok. He was actually a pretty decent contributor.

Glad I stopped in for the first time in forever, so you could be straightened out about your awful and incorrect info about me.
    I was a sponsor here way back but I never had a deal breaking issue with Ed. I left of my own volition because things cahnged among to site.

If you don't think I was "that successful", you don't remember much. I consistently hit over 60% here and at The Sports Monitor for several years, and continue to do so at real, independent monitoring services. In fact, since 2003 NO ONE has had a better winning percentage or more units won in football than I have and I am in a streak of four consecutive football seasons of Handicapping Championships at TSM and at The Swami (look it up) from 2015 to 2018. Thanks, though.
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited November 2019
    how many people on here go back to the ibettor days? that is where i first found edward/RAS and the write ups. have been following ever since. good times.