Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Got my fantasy draft on Saturday afternoon. :toast:
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    New league with innovated rules.

Must go for 2 on every TD
    No kickoffs. Teams start on the 25 yard line.
    No onside kicks. Instead team attempting to get ball back start from their own 28yrd line and get one down to get 12 yards to the 40. If fail other team takes over from where they were short.
    There will be less penalties and the 40second clock reduced to 35.
    Other offensive aids.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    TommyL wrote: »
    Got my fantasy draft on Saturday afternoon. :toast:

HA! that is awesome !

also....you may have a fantasy problem.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited February 2019
    also....you may have a fantasy problem.

Not his only problem... Tommy lives in South Jersey, went to Penn State, and is somehow a Redskins fan.

Back on topic, I might record the Orlando game tonight (local CBS game for me, not 100% sure how the TV coverage works) and watch it later just to see what it looks like.

Some mildly interesting names in the league...

https://sports.yahoo.com/theres-new-football-league-starting-weekend-whos-aaf-will-watch-160821225.html
    edited February 2019
    EW. Skins.

PSU is bad enough. Didn't know the Skins part. Very unfortunate.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Hoping some success here can help me get over my bad beat in missing the Fantasy XFL playoffs. (And yes, I’m 100% serious)

If nothing else, a reason to get together and hang out with friends, drink, and play some cards afterwards. When you’re married with two kids, you look for any excuse!
    edited February 2019
    I dont get why the first two games of the league are at the same time. Then...when I go to their league website. And click schedule...they have the start time...but no TV info.

Bad start.
    edited February 2019
    I dont get why the first two games of the league are at the same time. Then...when I go to their league website. And click schedule...they have the start time...but no TV info.

Bad start.

TV Info: https://www.cbssports.com/aaf/news/aaf-week-1-how-to-watch-tv-channel-live-stream-odds-picks-prediction-line-watch-online/
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    Mods, could you adjust the live odds page so that we can see the lines for this ?
    I'm definitely thinking of betting, but I can't find a site that lists AAF.
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    Orlando -7-/49 ml -275/+225
    san Antonio -2/50- ml 130/+110

that what I see now benny
    edited February 2019
    Mods, could you adjust the live odds page so that we can see the lines for this ?
    I'm definitely thinking of betting, but I can't find a site that lists AAF.

I don't think Ed can do anything to customize the live odds page. That's just a free version of SportsOptions and I believe we just get whatever they give us. I'm sure "Admin" will correct me if I'm wrong. It's not exactly something Tommy and I have much to do with.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    AAF apparently outdid the NBA in TV ratings. I am sure that will not last but impressive.

With the number of professional level cities without a major college football team, I find it amazing that no one is smart enough to have another USFL opposite the NCAA on Saturdays. They could raid the top NCAA talent for peanuts and have solid television ratings in major cities. They would mint money.