1. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I worked as a runner for Billy and another big bettor. The first bettor taught me to get down fast, he was monitoring the line moves. When I worked for Billy, I saw how much volume, volume, volume they were betting. The other bettor bet volume also, but not like Billy. You know the old debate " Is it better to bet premium plays, or volume"?It changed my way of thinking about sports betting. I was of the bet premium plays mode, but now I'm in volume mode. I concur with you Predator, Billy is the best at the game. Predict
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Billy Walters was the best at fake steam. Steam moves still happen all the time. Kashmir I remember g&j also. now don best still updates them everyday if u have their subscription But you will need to be on robo or some sort of proxy because your line values will become shit if you are not on it within 1 minute of the release. But you will also have to weed out what is real or fake because the initial steam play will be steamed back the other way. But would eliminate 17 of staring. However if your books are sharp they will know what ur doing and give you lower limits on your action

  2. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Donny2 I LOVE it when they fakey a bet, because I'm in on the fakey. If they bet Team A -1 and it goes up to 2, then they take the +2, I get +2 also. I would have a single bet on Team A-1 and I would have a double bet on Team B +2 . All you have to do to win is have your team not get beat by more than 2 to win money, but I would have the right side at an inflated line, and if
    Team A wins by 1 I would push the team A bet and win 2 bets on Team B +2 if Team A wins by 2 I would tie the +2 bet and win 1 bet on Team A -1. These extra edges happen a lot. These types of extra values happen all the time, if you are paying attention and working hard.

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Hey there. Im from the US but relocated in Mexico. Thus here... i have access to books like pinnacle etc where you cannot access it from the US.

    - - - Updated - - -

    My thoughts were if you know these things, wouldn't it be hard to be profitable unless you have a good middle? Example getting -1 and then +2 for double the amount... that sound good. But issue is wouldn't it not hit those numbers that much etc and thus you can't overcome the juice? Now if you could get -1 and then say +3.5 and come back double on it... i could see that being profitable.

  4. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Really I'm not trying to middle it, im back betting when I see them taking the +2. The extra middle value is just a bonus that encourages me to back bet the +2. I back bet it because I interpet the + 2 is the correct play. I will try and middle a game myself if I have 5 20/1 shot numbers. I will bet an equal amount in the opposite direction. Most of my bets have extra value like this, and when you average 100 plays per day thru out the and you have extra edges like these, it really helps the bottom line. I was in Rosarita, Beach Mexico recently.year
    Quote Originally Posted by donny2 View Post
    Hey there. Im from the US but relocated in Mexico. Thus here... i have access to books like pinnacle etc where you cannot access it from the US.

    - - - Updated - - -

    My thoughts were if you know these things, wouldn't it be hard to be profitable unless you have a good middle? Example getting -1 and then +2 for double the amount... that sound good. But issue is wouldn't it not hit those numbers that much etc and thus you can't overcome the juice? Now if you could get -1 and then say +3.5 and come back double on it... i could see that being profitable.
    Last edited by TheLineMonitor; 03-04-2019 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Forgot something

  5. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I'm doubling my bet on the +2, even if I had what you said Team A -1 and I could take team B +2 and a half, to try and middle it, I wouldn't unless they made a play on Team B +2 and a half. I'm not a mathematician by any means, but trying to middle it might be +ev. Maybe some other members might know.

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Hey there. Okay thats in the west coast so i have not been there.

    But are you basically doing everything yourself now?

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,367
    Thanks
    655
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 777 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLineMonitor View Post
    I will try and middle a game myself if I have 5 20/1 shot numbers. I will bet an equal amount in the opposite direction.
    This thread is wayyy over my head but please tell me where you can find this and get paid?

    Oh donny2, you were on record as saying you reside in Costa Rica. Did you move?

  8. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    If I have a bet on over 41 and a half, and the line goes up to 46 and a half or higher, I will bet an equal amount on under 46 and a half. I can only lose $10 on vig or if I middle it, I win $200 if betting $110 each way. Unless you were talking about where You can get numbers like that to be able to do it. I figure it's 20/1 I
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronbets View Post
    This thread is wayyy over my head but please tell me where you can find this and get paid?

    Oh donny2, you were on record as saying you reside in Costa Rica. Did you move?
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by donny2 View Post
    Hey there. Okay thats in the west coast so i have not been there.

    But are you basically doing everything yourself now?
    Yes I'm doing it all myself

  9. #24
    Senior Member Kashmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,708
    Thanks
    2,132
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 846 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLineMonitor View Post
    Did you make money Kashmir
    I did for sure but it got harder to deal with. Finding books and not getting booted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Billy Walters was the best at fake steam. Steam moves still happen all the time. Kashmir I remember g&j also. now don best still updates them everyday if u have their subscription But you will need to be on robo or some sort of proxy because your line values will become shit if you are not on it within 1 minute of the release. But you will also have to weed out what is real or fake because the initial steam play will be steamed back the other way. But would eliminate 17 of staring. However if your books are sharp they will know what ur doing and give you lower limits on your action
    Exactly. I started running into that and it became more of a headache.

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronbets View Post
    This thread is wayyy over my head but please tell me where you can find this and get paid?

    Oh donny2, you were on record as saying you reside in Costa Rica. Did you move?
    I never said I was located in Costa Rica. I'm located in Mexico.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,367
    Thanks
    655
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 777 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donny2 View Post
    I never said I was located in Costa Rica. I'm located in Mexico.
    "I relocated outside the US. Thus imagine costa rica, mexico, thailand and those type of countries. "

    Multiple choice.

  12. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLineMonitor View Post
    If I have a bet on over 41 and a half, and the line goes up to 46 and a half or higher, I will bet an equal amount on under 46 and a half. I can only lose $10 on vig or if I middle it, I win $200 if betting $110 each way. Unless you were talking about where You can get numbers like that to be able to do it. I figure it's 20/1 I

    - - - Updated - - -

    Yes I'm doing it all myself
    I'm curious but what amounts are you betting? Also so you are basically betting vegas books only or vegas books and us online books?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronbets View Post
    "I relocated outside the US. Thus imagine costa rica, mexico, thailand and those type of countries. "

    Multiple choice.
    Well when i wrote those countries, i meant like its one of these countries but i did not mention which one it was. Thus imagine an American relocating outside the US to one of these countries etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12