Betting Talk

Question for BG/Forum...CBB timing

megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
edited January 2019 in Sports Betting
HI All/BG,

I did not want to flood the pick thread with a question due to people getting alerts. As always, THANK YOU BF first off!

Question, with CBB picks, I notice some place bets the night before and early morning of and then there are a couple I know who do mid morning of when the limits open and lines move FAST. Why the difference for timing? Are those worried about getting down first? Just trying to learn...

Thanks all

Comments

• lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited January 2019
    HI All/BG,

I did not want to flood the pick thread with a question due to people getting alerts. As always, THANK YOU BF first off!

Question, with CBB picks, I notice some place bets the night before and early morning of and then there are a couple I know who do mid morning of when the limits open and lines move FAST. Why the difference for timing? Are those worried about getting down first? Just trying to learn...

Thanks all

its all a race in an attempt to show as much CLV as possible. real movers are waiting a little longer until the market is actually liquid.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2019
    Recently ive been going against what i believe in , favorites fast and dogs last , only because I have personal things going on at the moment that takes me away from computer, that is going to change soon. Not worried when i put college hoop sides in , dont think that will change much ...i dont do totals ,which i would be afraid of betting without watching the moves , who bets on college hoop totals , pretty sharp people. buffet doing a great job with that.
    Nba is a grind , am fine with that but for me , i have to wait till right before 7 pm et , I do my best as close to game time as possible for obvious reasons. Ive been grinding this stuff out for a long time, very hard to time the market , so like a said above ,if i like a favorite ill bet it early and if i like a dog which is over 90% of my bets , ill wait .
  • megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, I dont have time for when limits open and they all come mid morning....luckily I'm only a $100u bettor so I like the overnights or early ones before limits open.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I see that too, get em in early and if it moves too much, then some are a value to hit late.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2019
    you can make plenty of money betting 100 bucks pal , dont believe what you read on posts on how much one person bets