Betting Talk

NBA 12-3

the executerthe executer Senior Member
edited December 2018 in Sports Betting
G.S. Warriors -3.5 first qtr.

Situation is perfect ( at least in my head lol ).
1.Warriors are 3-6 last nine games
2. Curry now has a game under his belt back from injury
3. He admittedly played a bad first half until he settled in second half.
4. They get to play a very bad Hawks team which they desperately need right now
5. They know they don't have the luxury to take any nights off as the season is already approaching 1/3 of the way over.
6. Too many losses and close games for them not to be interested in getting off to a VERY HOT START tonight!
7. When the played 3 weeks ago they were up by 3 on Hawks and that was without Curry or any urgency.

Anyone smarter than me that can tell me why I'm wrong?

glta

Comments

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    G.S. Warriors -3.5 first qtr.

Situation is perfect ( at least in my head lol ).
    1.Warriors are 3-6 last nine games
    2. Curry now has a game under his belt back from injury
    3. He admittedly played a bad first half until he settled in second half.
    4. They get to play a very bad Hawks team which they desperately need right now
    5. They know they don't have the luxury to take any nights off as the season is already approaching 1/3 of the way over.
    6. Too many losses and close games for them not to be interested in getting off to a VERY HOT START tonight!
    7. When the played 3 weeks ago they were up by 3 on Hawks and that was without Curry or any urgency.

Anyone smarter than me that can tell me why I'm wrong?

glta

I’m not smarter than you and don’t even necessarily think you are wrong, but I am willing to play devil’s advocate: it’s been my impression that the bottom-feeding teams like Bulls, Suns and Hawks, have demonstrated a pattern of putting everything they have into the early parts of games, before they fade off into an ignominious loss in the 2nd half/4th quarter. And the Hawks certainly aren’t going to be taking the Warriors lightly coming into the game. Betting on the Warriors in the first quarter is basically betting that the Warriors are simply going to choose to play their butts off in the first quarter and overwhelm the Hawks. Perfectly plausible, but no sure thing in my book...
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the input, Rook. I totally agree with you on most nights but I think GS has to be in desperation mode now that Curry is back. If they were playing better I would agree that they could lean back on their talent alone but only 6 games over .500, they better start playing good and I mean all the time.
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    No sweat! Nice call executer!
    edited December 2018
    Thanks,Rook!
  • acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    no need in picking them on my own, I just followed this one play and went gs 1q, gs 1h and gs game, tyvm
    need a tip button on here...........
    edited December 2018
    thanks Ace and congrats!