Betting Talk

Opening Line Alerts

donny2donny2 Senior Member
edited December 2018 in Sports Betting
Does anyone know what service is out there where you get an alert whether its your phone or email of when lines come out? Example whether its nhl, nba or cbb or whatever sport it is, oddsmakers usually post the next day's games lines usually in the afternoon but of course its random.

I know betonline post odds early but i always like to look at pinnacle/bookmaker because well they originate lines. I know pinnacle post lines just a bit after bookmaker.

Like for example if there are 10 nba games or 10 nhl games, they might only have 3 games with the opening lines. The other lines would come the next morning but you don't know when. The only site i ever used was sbr odds and i heard of sportsoptions donbest etc but never experimented with it before. But do services like this even allow you to filter it to where i want an alert whenever there is a line for a specific team? Like i only want an alert when either the lakers or say rockets play etc? I notice many times how there are games where they don't post a line till a few hours before the game starts etc. So unless you are looking at sbr odds whole time, well you won't know when a line comes out. Also do almost everyone here ignore bet online's openers because they are not accurate? I notice how when they post lines, once betcris has a line up, they would adjust the line by a lot.

Comments

• donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    Anyone? Only thing i use is sbr odds.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    That is not going to be available. BOL posts its openers on a pretty regular schedule. Bookmaker does also. No alerts provided.

Also , I pay very close attention to BOL openers because they are not accurate.
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    Im confused. So sportsoptions or donbest doesn't have something like this? I know these services you pay a monthly fee so they don't even give you an alert? That can't be true right? I mean i thought there was some filter like you could list teams where when a line comes out for them, it would give you an alert. Like say the lakers for example. Thus anytime the line for a lakers game opens, you get an alert.

So how do people who bet openers do it? Because sometimes lines would come out in the afternoon... other times later on and other times on gameday or even close to gametime etc. I can't imagine someone on the computer waiting for the line to come up for an nba or nhl game etc.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    donny2 wrote: »
    I can't imagine someone on the computer waiting for the line to come up for an nba or nhl game etc.

Be there or be square.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    Anyone recall the Army/Navy opener last week?
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Anyone recall the Army/Navy opener last week?
    Go
    Disregard, I found it. Got lazy and thought donny4 would be all over that.