Betting Talk

NCAA 10-20

the executerthe executer Senior Member
edited October 2018 in Sports Betting
Miss. St. +7.5. ( buy the hook )

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2018
    This is a question and a statement. I don’t buy numbers unless I can buy on/off 3 for 10c which isn’t going to happen and would never buy on or off the 7 the 4 the 14 because if I like the Miss.st then I like them to win the game. If it falls 7 I push no harm no foul. The worst thing that can happen is it falls 7 and you win and it becomes more then likely you’ll be buying numbers thinking it’s a good thing. Keep track of the bets you win because of the extra .5 point on or off the 7 and the extra money you lose when the bet losses.

Now the question. Why do you feel you need the 7.5? Do you feel its a last possession game which would make it a coin flip or do you feel ot could prevent a backdoor cover. Remember anything the books give you it’s not good for you they set it up that way. If he’s charging you 10c on or of the 7 I’ll bet he’s making you feel he’s doing you a favor. Just typing and talking waiting for my 7pm I Hockey gm. This is just an opinion and it’s not to be taken like I’m right and your wrong.
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for the help old timer. I am just buying the hook so that I can win on a 7 point game. I rarely do it but the few times I have, I’ve needed that stupid 1/2 point half the time or more. ( amazing how spot on lines can get ). I just feel this game could be close and maybe it’s tied late or something and LSU scores to take a TD lead or Miss St scores late to make it a 7 point game. Something in that range and the extra 1/2 point could help. I definitely don’t make a habit of it though cause you’re right.
    edited October 2018
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for the help old timer. I am just buying the hook so that I can win on a 7 point game. I rarely do it but the few times I have, I’ve needed that stupid 1/2 point half the time or more. ( amazing how spot on lines can get ). I just feel this game could be close and maybe it’s tied late or something and LSU scores to take a TD lead or Miss St scores late to make it a 7 point game. Something in that range and the extra 1/2 point could help. I definitely don’t make a habit of it though cause you’re right.

I wish you the best and I certainly understand getting that feeling every now and then. Should be a good game.
    edited October 2018
    Purdue TT over 27 -115