Betting Talk

NBA season O/U

StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
edited September 2018 in Sports Betting
Im a Sixers fan more than a NBA fan. I follow the league and watch my team, so I guess Im a casual fan. That said I dont cap the league. I was looking at the season totals and one that jumped out to me was Pistons at 38. The over seems to be a solid play.

Anyone more locked in care to tell me if Im right...or wrong?

Comments

• NortheastNortheast Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    In the offseason I had the Pistons at 41 wins for the upcoming year and thought the over might be worth a look. When it opened it at 38.5 I again considered it. Casey is likely an upgrade over coach/president SVG who never seemed to quite find his groove in Detroit. You have a full a season of Griffin, hopefully a healthy Reggie Jackson, and Drummond of course a beast at center. That being said, Jackson had a “minor” procedure on his ankle in the offseason and Casey recently said he looked rusty in practice. Since averaging 18.8 points in 2015 he’s dipped to 14.5 and 14.6 the last two years albeit in slightly less minutes. There’s a logjam of players on the wing and while there’s certainly talent there I’m not sold that it’s all going to work smoothly. Bullock is solid but not great, Kennard good offensively but not so much on defense, and Stanley Johnson the opposite of Kennard. Ish Smith is a solid backup point but the bench in general is a question mark. Leuer is off surgery; Glenn Robinson and Langston Galloway are decent, and Pachulia is an aging vet. The jury is still out on Ellenson. Khyri Thomas was great defensively in college but I don’t see him or fellow rookies Bruce Brown and Keenan Evans having much of an impact right away. I think you can definitely make a case for the over but all things considered I decided to pass here. The Sixers should be very entertaining this year…enjoy the season.