Betting Talk

Direct TV Call..NFL Sunday Ticket

13»

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited March 2020
    Just called directv on a hunch they might want to keep me after not giving a shit during the football season.
    They gave me a flat 75 off a month for a year and 7 bucks off per month for 6 months for showtime.
    edited April 2020
    they have my bill all fucked up and am waiting while typing this ....they are charging 5 bucks to talk to customer service WTF
    edited April 2020
    So after texting the directv fb page everyday i finally got someone to call me about the mess up ....with all that complaining my total bill going forward will be 72 dollors a month ...i asked about the nfl package and she said i now have her number to call back once football starts.
    So not a bad deal.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited April 2020
    jets96 wrote: »
    So after texting the directv fb page everyday i finally got someone to call me about the mess up ....with all that complaining my total bill going forward will be 72 dollors a month ...i asked about the nfl package and she said i now have her number to call back once football starts.
    So not a bad deal.

Things such a mess with them, somehow someone else's ATT mobile account got linked with my DTV account(we don't even have mobile with them). Multiple calls and they basically told me they can't do anything since I am the secondary email not primary. I see his email and all the payment arrangements he sets up with them.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2020
    They charged me last month the 1st installment for the baseball package. I get my bill on the 16th and I know they're going to change me the 2nd installment and I'm not going to bother with them until things are cleared up sometime down down the road. I have no faith in today's worker they'll screw up everything. So I'll wait till things settle down. Good luck to those that need their help now.
    edited April 2020
    I got to tell you , i went on the FB and bitched and bitched and they called me , i didnt call them ...if i were you , id try that route , the women i talked to MISSY was by far the best person i ever spoke to from AT&T
    edited April 2020
    I got to tell you , i went on the FB and bitched and bitched and they called me , i didnt call them ...if i were you , id try that route , the women i talked to MISSY was by far the best person i ever spoke to from AT&T

Yea for what they took out I'm not worried I'll get it straighten out first chance. I'm in the middle of a big promo and I know the payment for the baseball package was computer generated and it will be taken off or prorated once baseball starts. I've been with them since the mid 90's and always have been treated fair. but it's good to know they're on FB. I have an account with FB and right now I'm deactivated but once I put in my password they activate the account. Don't trust staying on FB so I deactivate and when I need to just reopen it.
    edited April 2020
    Never heard of people doing that on FB , what dont you trust about it ?
    edited April 2020
    Never heard of people doing that on FB , what dont you trust about it ?

Information about yourself to easy to get. Haven't you read about all the facebook breaches.It's been going on a while. They have also been accused of selling personal information. It's just my opinion and could be old school but anything to do with social media sites should be done with extreme caution. People talk about vacations when their going and giving up way to much information about their personal lives.

Ask your phone or google Facebook Breaches. Now I understand you can say that about big stores and other places that has had security breaches but the things people give away on facebook are at a different level.
    edited April 2020
    I hear you loud and clear , i basically re post stuff i see ...rarely or never do i post personal stuff , its funny my neighbor is a fb nut , posts stuff about what she did or going to do ....EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY , and her husband was some big shot with homeland security ....doesnt make you smart i guess.
    edited April 2020
    Okay I get through Directv after waiting about 10 minutes which is fine just put the phone down on speaker and wait. So a guy gets on doesn't ask me my name or pin and says How can I help you. So I explain that I just received my bill and for the 2nd month I've been charged an installment for the baseball package but as you know there's no baseball and no information regarding when and if there's going to be a season.

So the guy who sounds like he's on drugs or just got up because they're working from home starts telling me a story about him waiting for a refund for box seats to a baseball game and he understands my problem like I need to know about your problems but says he's going to connect me to someone that help me. Okay this should be good. He connects me back to the Auto girl. Great! So I wait for her pitch and say mistake and she's says she''ll connect me to someone that can help. She says it like there's really someone smart enough to actually know what the fuck they're doing. I repeat things to them 5 x's and that I consider a productive call.

Now I get this guy who says your name please and pin# which is a good start so I explain to him my problem and told him don't want to confuse the computer so I'm going to pay the full bill right now after we hang up and you'll stop charging me for the package and include a credit for the 2 months on the next bill. He says yes and I repeat it saying this way I understand what we're doing. He says you're exactly right that's what will happen. Okay. So now he says I need to charge you $5 for paying your bill so I tell him I'm not paying you I'm paying as I usually do through my bank. Now he starts his pitch about putting my CC up for my convenience so I tell him the short version of why they'll never get my CC for auto payments I told him when I get the bill I pay it through my bank that day. That's a story for another time.

Again I will say the workers of today I don't want to say all because it's never all in anything but a large majority of today's workers are very lucky they're working at all. I think today I was put in touch with a good one at least will see next month. When this pandemic is over whenever that maybe I know people from canada that fix the firestick and get everything and the initial cost is $330 for the year and that's with a fixed stick for everything sports included which I'm told works great and $220 pre year after that. The only thing you can't do is tape which my wife tapes everything me I don't care for programs I'll use on demand which can be used with the fixed stick for the few programs I watch. We have two sticks and the one my wife has is for 1st run movies and works well. I'll keep directv with a basic package in case of any trouble and not to lose 25 years of seniority.
    Well that's my story for now and I'm almost sure it will con't.

Stay Safe and hopefully let our fearless leaders bite the bullet and stay out as long as necessary and get us closer to a vaccine to put this virus to bed once and for all. Will all survive without sports we've come this far without them and we can go a little further.
    edited April 2020
    Ot ...the guy from canada , is that the guy from sportswagers ? and you sign up for the nitro at 20 bucks a month on top of the 100 something for the stick, listen your a smart guy , those sticks can be hacked by almost anyone....i think you could ask around and some kid can do it for you for 20 bucks , my son says its not hard , though he hasnt volunteered to do one for me yet....i talk to those guys from sportswagers about their picks all the time ....i had a small window to have them monitor some of my picks but they wanted write-ups with the games, and thats not going to happen because i dont know players.
    edited April 2020
    Yes as I stated we have one done from a friend that's a dealer at the mirage he does it for nothing for us I was his boss for a long time. To tell the truth your always searching for the right app that's showing the movie and sometimes you dealing with so much buffing it makes it unwatchable. but it's first run movies.

This is a different app and I was given a preview and I know the guy a long time and if I'm not happy I cancel. That's why I'm keeping Directv basic. It's not sports wagers or anything like that I don't deal with people like that. I know this guy personally. He was out here last Aug hanging with me. There's 3 guys from canada that we talk hockey all the time and they all have it and watch everything. It reminds me of back in the day before Directv took over and it was pegasus I use to have the motherboard that hooked up to my computer that fix all the cards and it was great paid nothing for 3 years and then Directv bought them came to nevada and within a year everything was pretty useless. I think the dog and possibly Bucky would remember those days. it was early to mid 90's.

He'll give me a free month to check it out and if I don't like it I say thank you and pass. These are guys like me and you. After all this is over My nephew who's an IT guy will come over and I show him the videos I was sent and he'll advise me.He doesn't pay anything he streams everything off the net for free I don't know what or how he does. but I go there I watch anything I want.

Right now Directv is giving me $60 a month off for a year and they always have treated me well but everytime I turn around it's a another raise. I started with the Premiere package when it was $90 or something besides the extras and I still need Netflix and Prime it's a fucking joke. It's not the service they treat me well but the premiere is now up to $174 and I'm always hustling for Promo's. I pay a lot of money for TV. If it was just me it wouldn't be close to the number I paid because Happy wife Happy life what am I going to do. She does your part my part is the TV and I need to find a better price if it's out there.
    edited April 2020
    My mother in law lives with us ,she is 91 and loves the religious shows and watches etwn where she can watch her mass everyday, not many outlets have it so we keep directv ...my wife screams about it all the time and am on the phone again trying to get promo as well...this time i think i did pretty well and i got that womens number , so am by passing everyone and calling here come football season...you know i might just buy a amazon stick to see if i like it ...i have amazon prime so we shall see
    edited April 2020
    My mother in law lives with us ,she is 91 and loves the religious shows and watches etwn where she can watch her mass everyday, not many outlets have it so we keep directv ...my wife screams about it all the time and am on the phone again trying to get promo as well...this time i think i did pretty well and i got that womens number , so am by passing everyone and calling here come football season...you know i might just buy a amazon stick to see if i like it ...i have amazon prime so we shall see

If you have Prime you should have a stick. You don't need to do anything but plug it into a usb port on the side or back of the TV. and follow the prompts. Nothing else to buy or do. My wife has the fixed one on her TV and I have the regular one on mine. It's worth it to have because your paying for prime anyway so take advantage of it. The stick is $39 or something with the remote. The have a lot of free stuff but they also have rentals and buys which I don't bother with. I have Netflix also they have been doing some really good stuff the last few years. Wish I bought there stock a few years ago. Just another ship that sails on by.
    edited April 2020
    Yup i think ill get one and see how it does ....
    be safe ot