Betting Talk

Direct TV Call..NFL Sunday Ticket

Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2018
    The question is, were you talking to the Retention Department? If you're just talking to the first person that answers, I've found that they can't do much compared to the Retention Department. That's why I always start right out with playing the game of asking to cancel, telling them why, turning down the first couple things that they offer, until I finally end up with something I want.
  • ricodotricodot Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    I played the game, sort of. I have fios package which is phone internet and tv for $90 for 2 years. I never hooked up the tv part because I had the baseball package and I really like directv's sports programming. I had every intention of cancelling but, ultimately I was transferred to retention. long story short, $60 off my bill for 12 months and free sunday ticket. mind you I have asked for sunday ticket for the last 3 years and were denied and I am a 17 year customer.
    edited August 2018
    I just made the call (usually wait until closer to the season, but this thread got me thinking about it). Ending up having to play the game all the way and setup a date for them to disconnect, at which point she looked at some other options and ended up giving me free Sunday Ticket and another $60/month off the bill for a year. About $1k worth of benefits for the 10-15 minute phone call.
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    TommyL wrote: »
    I just made the call (usually wait until closer to the season, but this thread got me thinking about it). Ending up having to play the game all the way and setup a date for them to disconnect, at which point she looked at some other options and ended up giving me free Sunday Ticket and another $60/month off the bill for a year. About $1k worth of benefits for the 10-15 minute phone call.

lucky you. i can never get it completed in that short of window. usually takes 45 minutes it seems.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    I actually went on twitter, complained, got on chat with person after PM info, he set me up with 60 month for 12 and free sunday ticket max, so very happy and did on chat and not have to talk on phone.
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    made annual call.....got kid who said he was from alabama.... so it was real easy !! couple questions about Tua Tagovailoa and herbsreit saying they are unbeatable and he was hooked !!!! already had the 60 off a month from last year but he gave me the nfl package for free and hbo and showtime for 3 months... its amazing that we can just keep doing this every year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Predator wrote: »
    made annual call.....got kid who said he was from alabama.... so it was real easy !! couple questions about Tua Tagovailoa and herbsreit saying they are unbeatable and he was hooked !!!!

LMAO!
    This thread reminds me of good ole days dickering with the Jewish haberdashers on Orchard Street in NYC.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    LMAO!
    This thread reminds me of good ole days dickering with the Jewish haberdashers on Orchard Street in NYC.[/QUOTE

- - - Updated - - -
    Ronbets wrote: »
    LMAO!
    This thread reminds me of good ole days dickering with the Jewish haberdashers on Orchard Street in NYC.

Wow Orchard St great deals on clothes. Also they had a basketball league I use to watch play. No pick up game, studs as a matter fact Tiny Archibald who at the time was a playground legend who grew up in the Bronx use to play there. The playground was across the street from the projects where Bernard King would shoot baskets all hours of the night under street lights. There was a Jewish restaurant close by that use to serve a special soup 1/2 Potato 1/2 Yankee Bean with Rye Bread man that was good.

Memories a different world in those days
    edited August 2018
    Sure was a different world then. I remember a Jewish deli that had primo corn beef there. It mighta been the same you mentioned. Anyway, this waitress I would get had this strange tattoo on her forearm. Just a bunch of #'s. The manager later told me she was a survivor in a Nazi concentration camp.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    ok so before the season i called and got 35 bucks off a month for 12 months , no season ticket but was told to call back after the first week of free trial ...
    A little late to the party but i just got off the phone, i got another 40 off a month for 12 months, 5 buck off for hbo and showtime for 6 months and the sunday ticket......omg so happy , talked to a chick from alabama for about 15 min , and she told me to make sure to call back after those 6 months are up to find other deals on hbo and showtime.

cant ask for anything better then that.
    edited September 2018
    jets96 wrote: »
    omg so happy , talked to a chick from alabama for about 15 min , and she told me to make sure to call back after those 6 months are up

cant ask for anything better then that.

15 minutes? there might be a few things better than that.:wonder:

Just trying to break up the boredom here in the morgue.
    edited September 2018
    LOL , I hear ya , thats why you dont ban guys like danshan , I still talk to him and he is a very smart guy , has done me a ton of favors and never once asked for anything in return , people have thin skin here , and those who complained arent posting anymore because they dont have a fucking clue.
    edited September 2018
    I won’t argue with you but I have to add we all chose who we want to associate with but the statement that you said, that people have a thin skin here is what dans problem was along with other things.
    edited September 2018
    As for this place and other places being dead the time for these types of forums are long passed. Twitter jumps, 1000’s of people to follow and good back and forth conversations. Don’t get me wrong it’s not all good but sports talk on sports forums just isn’t what is was. Like everything else in life there’s a shelve life and the expiration date has pass.
    edited September 2018
    I hear you OT , you make valid points .
    edited November 2018
    did everyone get redzone for free the rest of the season? I got it but dont know why
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    did everyone get redzone for free the rest of the season? I got it but dont know why

yes--got the entire NFL max (which includes the Red Zone) free
    edited November 2018
    bucky do you know why though, i got the nfl season ticket for free in the beginning of the year but they just added the redzone last week for free, never asked and wasn't offered when i received the ticket for free
    edited August 2019
    received my directv bill yesterday and they added the 1st installment of 48.99 for the football package , which i haven't paid for in years.I just got off phone with retention and for the first time in many years i got fucked.
    The female i spoke to gave me a one time credit of 25 bucks and took the installment off , when i told her i couldn't afford the football package and the only reason i keep directv is because of the package she offered me 5 bucks off a month, am like i cant do it. She asked if i wanted to cancel right now and i told her id call back once I get my new service. She didnt give a rats ass i was going to cancel.
    Ill wait another week and call again.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    received my directv bill yesterday and they added the 1st installment of 48.99 for the football package , which i haven't paid for in years.I just got off phone with retention and for the first time in many years i got fucked.
    The female i spoke to gave me a one time credit of 25 bucks and took the installment off , when i told her i couldn't afford the football package and the only reason i keep directv is because of the package she offered me 5 bucks off a month, am like i cant do it. She asked if i wanted to cancel right now and i told her id call back once I get my new service. She didnt give a rats ass i was going to cancel.
    Ill wait another week and call again.

Yep customer service has gone down the drain ever since AT&T took over.
    edited August 2019
    totally agree buckeyes. terrible. i'll call Tuesday and threaten to cancel. I have a new firestick which I am getting used to now.
    edited August 2019
    is it hacked , my son keeps telling to get one and he will make sure i get everything
    edited August 2019
    yes. I just got it. i'm so used to directv and last time I threatened they gave me $60 off for 10 months. that ends the middle of September, so more incentive to drop them. I definitely have the ball in my court. been with them 18 years.
    edited August 2019
    been with them for 19 years
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    called earlier this month gave me $15 off per month for 12 months was told to call back in Sept and they can add $10 for 12 months as well...
    edited August 2019
    My most recent experience with DirecTV is similar to kcburgh's. I have been a DTV customer for 25 years now and I have never seen them so reluctant to give discounts/deals. Usually at this time of year I can call them and get some really deep discounts and the NFL Max package for free. This year when I saw the first NFL installment payment on my bill I called them, and after getting $18 off a month for the next 12 months, they said I couldn't get anything more off the NFL package. So i cancelled it, with the plan to call back after Week 1 (the first week is always free viewing anyway) and try to renegotiate a deal on the package. I also asked them why their competitors could offer the Red Zone separately and they required buying the entire package to get the Red Zone. They could not give me an answer. When I told them on occasion in past years the Red Zone could be purchased from them as a stand-alone program they told me to call back after the NFL regular season started and they might have some deals on the entire package or on the Red Zone only, so that's what I plan to do.
    edited August 2019
    so ill going to do the same thing i guess see what happens.
    edited September 2019
    so if any of you do FACEBOOK , once in awhile i see the ad for the sunday ticket, omg , read the comments , am not sure how these people stay in business
    edited September 2019
    I called last week and got Sunday ticket for free this season and another $10 off a month for a year. Not as good as I received in some previous seasons, but still well worth the 10-15 minute call.
    edited October 2019
    TommyL wrote: »
    I called last week and got Sunday ticket for free this season and another $10 off a month for a year. Not as good as I received in some previous seasons, but still well worth the 10-15 minute call.

Thanks again Tommy for this info. I called them tonight because of your response. I simply said to a guy in the loyalty dept. that I had been with them for 25 years and was looking to see if anything could be done with the price of the Sunday NFL Max package. He noted that I had paid the $395 in one payment (not in installments) and agreed to give me a credit to my account for the full $395. 10 minutes later I checked my account, and it had already been posted.