Betting Talk

Michigan/Notre Dame

the executerthe executer Senior Member
edited August 2018 in Sports Betting
First off, I am a huge Michigan fan and I know the rules about betting your team but can someone tell me why to not bet Michigan while the line is still -2.5?
It opened as Mich +3 so theres been a huge line jump. I have felt all along that they are going to win and now the public is hammering the line.
My argument for it is that they return the majority of a defense that was one of the best in the country last year. They hired a new offensive line coach and simplified the assignments for them and all reports are that this is the best the line has looked in years. Shea Patterson is a dark horse heisman trophy candidate at QB, which is better than we've had in years. The receivers are all going into their second and third years so they will be better from a play calling aspect. They also hired a new strength and conditioning coach and it was reported that 26 players have gained 10+ lbs. since last yer and 60 players account for 491 lbs.or over 8.2 lbs each for those 60 players.
I am loving this team and think they are going to shock a lot o people this year.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks and glta

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    The game opened N.D -7 @ the South Point Paul Stone was first on line taking Mich +7 I was listening the day they opened College lines. Kinda tough to bet it now. GL
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Chris Andrews, South Point oddsmaker was quoted as saying after the Michigan deluge, " I guess I kinda overrated NDame."
    edited August 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Chris Andrews, South Point oddsmaker was quoted as saying after the Michigan deluge, " I guess I kinda overrated NDame."
    I guess he did. Also there’s a couple of other games that were off by a large # I can’t remember off hand but I have them down somewhere. I think Vinny is the main guy there now or is at least consulted. Not sure it’s on the other side town. Some of there shows I like I listen to Gil every morning I’m up at 7am.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    every morning I’m up at 7am.

U gotta get over those bad habits. LOL
    edited August 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    U gotta get over those bad habits. LOL

It’s true what they say I have to fight to get 6 hours sleep and I’m fine all day and night. Old age that’s what happens when you get old you’ll see. Lol
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    ot heres what i got

these were openers from bol(5/21)... sure some were even better like you said on the mich line

mich +2 now -2-...
    nebraska 18- now 23
    houston 21 now 24-
    cfla 20- now 24
    minne 14- now 18
    utah st +27 now +23-
    texas tech +1- now 2-
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    The game opened N.D -7 @ the South Point Paul Stone was first on line taking Mich +7 I was listening the day they opened College lines. Kinda tough to bet it now. GL

I disagree with the last sentence. smell like a 27-9 Michigan win