Betting Talk

directv genie

jets96jets96 Senior Member
edited July 2018 in Sports Betting
I still have the old boxes and have been contemplating getting the genie. I've been told that its not all that good.Internet slow things down.
Any of you guys have it. Like or dislike...
thanks in advance

Comments

• BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    jets96 wrote: »
    I still have the old boxes and have been contemplating getting the genie. I've been told that its not all that good.Internet slow things down.
    thanks in advance

I have it and like it just fine. I tape a lot of stuff at the same times, so it is convenient in that regard. As far as the internet being slow, I use the "smart" capacities very little so I don't really notice if it is slower or not.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    jets96 wrote: »
    thanks in advance

I believe you have the old genie Bucky or do you have Genie 2 I have Genie 1 or the first one whatever you want to call it and then tried the new Genie 2 it was a nightmare but a week later and many phone calls I got someone to take care of me and everything I had put back. Ask them about the Bugs and after trying to fix them for about a year why are you still getting black screens ETC: believe me it's a nightmare. I have the old Genie the first one works like a charm. Maybe they fixed it but I want no part of the Genie 2. Maybe someone else could tell you they have the Genie 2 and it's fine. I'm going back about 6 months ago. Get the updated DVR.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    ill make sure i ask all those questions when i call them.....thanks bucky and ot