Betting Talk

Total Bet

cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
edited June 2018 in Sports Betting
I think I know the answer already but want to confirm with those in the know. Does a total wager automatically cancel if a team makes a last minute pitcher change? Have a good parlay hinging on the outcome of the NHL game tonight. Probably putting the buggy ahead of the horse a bit but figured I’d double check. Thanks!

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    yes if there is a starter change it will cancel that out and I think it depends on the shop, I dont play parlays but the parlay is probably still alive but just without that game so a 4 liner becomes a 3 liner for instance
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    You have no bet on the total and if it's a two team parlay you have str8 action on the NHL game if it's more than two games it takes it down to the next number.
    edited June 2018
    that is what i said copycat!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    yes if there is a starter change it will cancel that out and I think it depends on the shop, I dont play parlays but the parlay is probably still alive but just without that game so a 4 liner becomes a 3 liner for instance

That's not answering the question. It's the same all over.
    edited June 2018
    you dont agree that some BS book or bookie might cancel the whole thing or not cancel that play or some dumb stuff like that, the industry standard is that bet is removed and the ticket is still alive minus that play with the odds reduced accordingly
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    dont think any book would cancel the play... yes same all over.. here is the industry verbiage....

"When betting on the total runs (over/under) the game must go 9 innings (8½ if the home team is ahead) to have action. Wagers on total runs will be refunded if a pitcher change occurs prior to both listed pitchers throwing at least one pitch. Rules for the run line wagers are the same as those for the baseball totals."
    edited June 2018
    I think almost all books would cancel that particular play but not the ticket but anwyay OP gets the idea
    edited June 2018
    hey anyone I got a quick question when do major books move the limits up for tomorrow's games when there is a rain delay on a game starting tonight?