Betting Talk

Discussion Thread for RHE'S and Regular Plays

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    Just want to note a couple of things.
    The reason for the discrepancy in the RHE'S and FG is because I didn't start tracking FG until May 10th. Just in case anyone was wondering.
    I came across something today and although both lost it was the right move I believe.The reason I believe is because I had a chance to win a bet when the best I could do with the other was push.
    Let me explain. The Boston Total was 7 -124 or there were 6.5's around I believe it was +105 or something close to that. The RHE'S was 24 -120 that's was the cheapest at BM. Now what to do. I felt I had a better chance of getting Under 24 then Under 7 and it was 4c cheaper not that the 4c mattered. So going into the 8th inning Houston was winning 4-3 so the best I could do is push if I took the UN7 but the RHE'S was at 20 and with the home team winning I needed 9 outs before 5 hits to lose and 4 hits to tie so I had a shot. Kelly came and got destroyed so it's all meaningless I just thought it was interesting because other decisions like that may pop up.
    Just talking.
  • maidenguymaidenguy Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    OT,

Good points. My opinion, which usually changes, is that the higher juice on the RHE compared to the totals, the totals may come out ahead in the long run. The juice yesterday on the HRE for me was --105,-121,-125, and -110. Totals were -105,+100,-105, and +105.

I guess the question is, will there be games where you lose the O/U and win the HRE. These are so highly correlated that there will be times it does happen BUT with the higher juice on the HRE, in the end it should be pretty close. Of course there is always the chance of winning the O/U and losing the other but how many times that happens has to be tracked.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    Doing anything today, or not enough games?
    edited June 2018
    Doing anything today, or not enough games?

Sorry about that Benny meant to put down no plays and forgot which just going to do it now.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    helluva run, OT, they sent my email, shoot me a line if you can...golf and entertainment is on me :)
    edited June 2018
    munson15 wrote: »
    helluva run, OT, they sent my email, shoot me a line if you can...golf and entertainment is on me :)

Thanks for the invites but a drink a little something to eat (Lunch) would be great. But I haven't received anything in the way of an email yet.
  • crazyivan24crazyivan24 Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    Go VGK Go
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Thanks for the invites but a drink a little something to eat (Lunch) would be great. But I haven't received anything in the way of an email yet.

OT, I sent a email trying to get yours for a mailing address I picked something up for U I want to send off.
    edited June 2018
    I'll tell them give you and munson my email address but please you don't have to send me anything. I appreciate the offer but It's gambling and I'm just glad it's working out now. Love to meet you and munson one day and that would be good enough for me.
    edited June 2018

you're a popular guy, probably waiting in the queue...
    edited June 2018
    Hey Kevin Cash keep starting relief pitchers how's it been working out. A long hot summer on it's way and then the unemployment line. Need a low hit shutout Roark. It's the one thing I like the RHE's over the total when these bums walk guys and you still have a shot but after scoring 5 1st inning runs the FG total staying under is a lot tougher.
    edited June 2018
    missed the first game, but am splitting the rest...I like having 2 bites at the apple and it takes less courage to play 1/2 units twice than a full unit once, if that makes any sense...GL in D.C. it wouldn't surprise me to see this one bog down with the fave off to a big lead...
    edited June 2018
    I just don't get this relief pitcher thing it's not going to catch on. I understand your best hitter hitting 2nd after all of the years that your best hitter hit 3rd I understand teams that do it. I don't understand the pitcher batting 8th and maybe one day I will but this this is a joke if I was the owner I'd stop to it or you would have to convince me how it makes my team better. We've started the day with a loser before and will again and still pulled the day out so will see.
    edited June 2018
    Anybody looking at some props in the Cav's game tonight. Looking at one G.Hill Over 10.5 pts -110
    edited June 2018
    Guy I know likes Cavs 1q which makes a lot of sense to me
    edited June 2018
    Guy I know likes Cavs 1q which makes a lot of sense to me

The Books have adjusted to that and the team down 2-0 betting them the 1st half have also been adjusted but FWIW I think the 1st Q play is still worth it.
    edited June 2018
    did get lucky and nab 30.5 on Oak-Tex, thanks...
    edited June 2018
    Anderson pitches a gem for Colorado and leaves with a 5-2 lead in comes Dunn a leftie for the 8th walks 2 and gives up a hit and with Votto coming up the Manager goes to the bullpen and brings in a righty to pitch to Votto and with Lefties in the Bullpen. I have to wonder how these Bum left handed pitchers for Colorado feel. Put them on plane and send them down and bring up some new blood. If I was a left handed pitcher I'd pretty well start getting my game in gear the handwriting maybe on the wall.

Also Anderson threw 105 pitches what's wrong with another inning and throw 120 is his arm going to fall off. They were stress free 7 innings. There also was a review at 2nd in that game that was a complete joke by Cinn. There was also a review by Colorado early in the game where the man was clearly out or at the very least inconclusive. Now an inning or two later a bad call is made at 2nd base but he can't challenge it he used his up and the umps weren't going to review it. Killing baseball year after year. I don't even watch much anymore a few innings when I use to watch pitch 1 till there were 27 outs. I don't what I'm going to do when Hockey is done.

Oil Change and the gym and listened to the 2 run walk off on the way home.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    did get lucky and nab 30.5 on Oak-Tex, thanks...

I sure the guys that went under the 30 wanna hear that.

Now back to the Rockies. Wade Davis is having a good 'save' year but there's something lacking. His cross-ups with his battery mates have been higher than usual. Dunno maybe getting use to new catchers or the move to Colorado made things legal.:surprised:
    edited June 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    I sure the guys that went under the 30 wanna hear that.

Now back to the Rockies. Wade Davis is having a good 'save' year but there's something lacking. His cross-ups with his battery mates have been higher than usual. Dunno maybe getting use to new catchers or the move to Colorado made things legal.:surprised:

They brought Dunn in first this game should have been Anderson 8 innings Davis with a 3 run lead in the 9th. Why bring a guy with a 2.31 Whip and a 9 era in a 3 run game. The whole bullpen is terrible take a look that's why it's Anderson to Davis. There in the mix for the division they won't be around to long. There so afraid of pitching a guy more than 100 pitches it's crazy.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    Black pinch hit for Anderson with 2out and nobody on in the 8th. Besides the pitch count, they mighta been worried about the kid's health. He had some kinda heart issues last month. No question Dunn is an undertaker.
    edited June 2018
    Dunn gave me heart issues:idoit::idoit:
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    Anderson pitches a gem for Colorado and leaves with a 5-2 lead in comes Dunn a leftie for the 8th walks 2 and gives up a hit and with Votto coming up the Manager goes to the bullpen and brings in a righty to pitch to Votto and with Lefties in the Bullpen. I have to wonder how these Bum left handed pitchers for Colorado feel. Put them on plane and send them down and bring up some new blood. If I was a left handed pitcher I'd pretty well start getting my game in gear the handwriting maybe on the wall.

Also Anderson threw 105 pitches what's wrong with another inning and throw 120 is his arm going to fall off. They were stress free 7 innings. There also was a review at 2nd in that game that was a complete joke by Cinn. There was also a review by Colorado early in the game where the man was clearly out or at the very least inconclusive. Now an inning or two later a bad call is made at 2nd base but he can't challenge it he used his up and the umps weren't going to review it. Killing baseball year after year. I don't even watch much anymore a few innings when I use to watch pitch 1 till there were 27 outs. I don't what I'm going to do when Hockey is done.

Oil Change and the gym and listened to the 2 run walk off on the way home.

Well, at least you've got college baseball for the next 2 weeks.
  • maidenguymaidenguy Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    Just curious, are most of you playing OT's HRE system still betting the game total also. I think there's been 2 games lately where the total lost but the HRE won. I was playing 1/2 unit on each. Is anyone just still sticking with the HRE only?
    edited June 2018
    maidenguy wrote: »
    Just curious, are most of you playing OT's HRE system still betting the game total also. I think there's been 2 games lately where the total lost but the HRE won. I was playing 1/2 unit on each. Is anyone just still sticking with the HRE only?

Just my personal opinion is why split them even though it's correlated I would play one way or the other. I play only the RHE's unless I also like the Under in the game then I would play both as separate bets.
  • showme1953showme1953 Member
    edited June 2018
    Wow you’ve become an RAS market mover, the NYY-NYM rhe’s under was juiced at 170 where I play
  • bundybundy Junior Member
    edited June 2018
    Thnx couldn’t get to in but live bet over worked the same:thumbup2:: :
  • bundybundy Junior Member
    edited June 2018
    Thnx couldn’t get to in but live bet over worked the same:thumbup2:: :
    edited June 2018
    pitching change in Tb-Tor...not sure if you were in before it was posted...
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    That probably explains the disreprency in numbers
    Looks like Gaviglio vs Yarbrough
    Got under 25 minus 110
    Did not play it