Betting Talk

Service

golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
edited March 2018 in Sports Betting
Sure hope Dr H has a service this year, been waiting since last year's final play to get to this year.

Be very disappointed if he doesn't.

Good luck to everyone in bases!

Hey OT, what about them NYY, going to be a fun year.

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited February 2018
    me too I am excited I have been watching him battle some ESPN dude over picks on twitter lately
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited February 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    me too I am excited I have been watching him battle some ESPN dude over picks on twitter lately

Yeah saw that as well, pretty funny stuff.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2018
    Come on Doc, summer won't be the same
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited February 2018
    Skip the service, I want a summer to relax
  • hoff21hoff21 Member
    edited February 2018
    Is there a reason to believe he won't be offering a service this season? With last season's success, I'm scared the price may rise higher and getting down a proper amount will be more difficult unless you have some slow moving credits.
    edited February 2018
    hoff21 wrote: »
    Is there a reason to believe he won't be offering a service this season? With last season's success, I'm scared the price may rise higher and getting down a proper amount will be more difficult unless you have some slow moving credits.

he said on twitter he might not
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited February 2018
    It was great while it lasted but it was getting real difficult to get much down in such a thin market. I’m not terribly disappointed, the frustration was outweighing the benefit for me.
    edited February 2018
    I plan on doing my own lines but you better believe it is no brainer to get DR H's service. if he offers it I will be the first one to sign up!
    edited March 2018
    Wow, wasn't expecting that price and half season from last year. Ouch.
    edited March 2018
    Interesting. I guess he is going the RAS route of a smaller number of serious players to avoid the day to day hassles large riff raff volume. His results certainly warrant that, but as I mentioned previously playing into thin market MLB overnights isn't conducive to heavy hitters. I think the strategy fails in the end.
  • hoff21hoff21 Member
    edited March 2018
    RAS allowed refunds (with a small processing fee). I think that's a necessity when charging a larger amount. Outs get burned quick when betting the amounts needed to justify the cost.
    edited March 2018
    golfguru1 wrote: »
    Wow, wasn't expecting that price and half season from last year. Ouch.

did I read that right? 5 grand for half the season, now that is a service holy shit. I would have to bet 250,000 in that time frame to break even, holy smoke, how much was it last year?
  • caaladorcaalador Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    Oh man, that is steep as fuck. It was 750 till AllStar Break last year. I think with that price he should go private and send it to some private group.
  • mjnapcomjnapco Member
    edited March 2018
    Speaking of RAS, does anyone know how their "private" season turned out for 2017 CFB? Anyone know what their record was?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    golfguru1 wrote: »
    Sure hope Dr H has a service this year, been waiting since last year's final play to get to this year.

Be very disappointed if he doesn't.

Good luck to everyone in bases!

Hey OT, what about them NYY, going to be a fun year.

Hey Golfguru1 just seeing this now and yes it should be a fun year and hopefully the pitching holds up. Gray and Montgomery are keys. IMO depending on Tanaka, CC and Severino to get at least 80 starts between them. They had 88 last year so the same thing would be great and with Gray and Montgomery I believe had 59 starts so a repeat of that with that lineup 100 wins and a trip to the WS not out of the question. My only questions are how are you going to handle the outfield. IMO they need Hicks in Center Judge in Left seems willing seems to be a good kid and Stanton right. I not thrilled with Boone as the manager but will see. I think DHing Stanton or Judge is a mistake I would rather take the shot with Judge in Left until proven otherwise. Garner should be the everyday DH. Good Talking to you get ready going to be a fun year.
    edited March 2018
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Hey Golfguru1 just seeing this now and yes it should be a fun year and hopefully the pitching holds up. Gray and Montgomery are keys. IMO depending on Tanaka, CC and Severino to get at least 80 starts between them. They had 88 last year so the same thing would be great and with Gray and Montgomery I believe had 59 starts so a repeat of that with that lineup 100 wins and a trip to the WS not out of the question. My only questions are how are you going to handle the outfield. IMO they need Hicks in Center Judge in Left seems willing seems to be a good kid and Stanton right. I not thrilled with Boone as the manager but will see. I think DHing Stanton or Judge is a mistake I would rather take the shot with Judge in Left until proven otherwise. Garner should be the everyday DH. Good Talking to you get ready going to be a fun year.

Yeah should be a fun year OT. Agree with Boone and everything else, have a great season!
  • John1689John1689 Junior Member
    edited March 2018
    did I read that right? 5 grand for half the season, now that is a service holy shit. I would have to bet 250,000 in that time frame to break even, holy smoke, how much was it last year?

Even at $500/unit based on his past performance you would double your investment in 10 weeks.
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    If he charges 5k for half a season, isn't betting 500 dollars a game way too small for that? Because that would mean you need to net 10 units for half the season just to break even. Yes his previous records show that he probably would average close to 20 units in half a season but 10 units just to break even? I think someone needs to bet at least 1k a game and even that i think is kind of not much room for error.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    Dan - So you're assuming a 2% roi?
    edited March 2018
    yeah I was thinking that would be a good conservative number sure. I am sad I really wanted to tail but 5 grand is out of my sweet spot or AKA my poor spot!
    edited March 2018
    yeah I was thinking that would be a good conservative number sure. I am sad I really wanted to tail but 5 grand is out of my sweet spot or AKA my poor spot!

I don’t understand, in your NBA thread you say that you are betting .5 BTC per game ($5.5 k) and yet you can not afford 5k for arguably the best baseball service on the planet?
    edited March 2018
    I don’t understand, in your NBA thread you say that you are betting .5 BTC per game ($5.5 k) and yet you can not afford 5k for arguably the best baseball service on the planet?

I think the investment level for me is too high for half the season, if you dont great buy it, the service is great. I put lots of money and time into my betting and I am not sure I can make that kind of commitment on someone elses system. Yes the service is great but I hope mine is too.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    so do what everyone else does and get into some kind of buy group
    edited March 2018
    I am excited for Dr H and I still dont understand why he does this with his record he should sipping coladas on the beach counting the zillions but beside that. I am hoping my BS MLB system is good! if it starts out looking crappy I might have no choice to get the Dr H system to hedge my BS system at least. Who knows but for now 5 is too much and as you know Jets I dont have a real group of friends,LOL
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    jets96 wrote: »
    so do what everyone else does and get into some kind of buy group
    you beat me to it:toast:
  • jablo1312jablo1312 Junior Member
    edited March 2018
    Does anyone have experience with the service? Most of the people on twitter who go after any and all touts (RIP Groovin) have confirmed that Dr. H is as legit as touts come. I'm not worried about inaccurate records and believe that the win probabilities he provides are legit. My main concern with being part of a package like this would be getting down the requisite amount on the key numbers.

As is stated on the website, most plays are provided the night before games occur. Looking now, Bookmaker claims to allow up to $5k on MLB overnight ML's (BM is my best on-screen out, as I am a n00b and don't have a VPN for Pinny or CRIS access yet). Unless I run like absolute God over the next few months I really doubt I'll be wagering more than $5k on an MLB side. I should be able to use BM to bet, but that might be my only option that goes this high, as most other books have lower overnight limits and all my credit overnight limits are <=$500 at the moment.

My main concern then would be actually getting the number released. I can't imagine a Dr. H release lasts for too long at the major books...can anyone who has experience with the service comment on how often they were able to get the number provided?
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    Doubt you'll get the release number at bookmaker, at least not consistently.
  • dfsbdfsb Junior Member
    edited March 2018
    I paid for the first two months last year. Even sitting on Pinny refreshing I maybe got the number 50% of the time on sides and less frequently on totals. Decided it was no longer worth it because of this. I guess he is trying to alleviate this by upping the service cost but I don't see it helping at all. Would probably be best going private where he can control his releases hitting the screen a little better but it is what it is. Most good off screen places will turn overnight lines off pretty quick betting his releases as well. Consider this as a compliment more than anything to his abilities. Just an honest perspective from a buyer, maybe things were different in the second half of the season.
    edited March 2018
    how much do you think you need to bet in that time frame to break even?
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    I think the investment level for me is too high for half the season, if you dont great buy it, the service is great. I put lots of money and time into my betting and I am not sure I can make that kind of commitment on someone elses system. Yes the service is great but I hope mine is too.

If your average bet is 5k, how in the world is 5k for his service too much for half a season? If your average bet is 5k and you have a big bankroll, even 25k for his service is worth it. This is from someone who have not subscribed to a service because i don't have that big of a bankroll to even bet that much per game. And i bet 3 figures per game only like most people. I mean how much average bets are you betting per day and how much in total amount are you putting at risk a day? If you bet 3 games a day, thats like 16500 risked already. Im sure there are days where you bet 5 or 10 games or maybe possibly even more? 5k for his service should be absolutely nothing. That is 1 unit. That is what maybe over 150 plays at least?

Also the thing im curious about is this. You say you have a system. But you are just betting 5k per game on your system? What im really curious about is where did you get the money/bankroll to be able to bet 5000 per game? I mean, surely your bankroll for sportsbetting is at least 250k right? Because based on your posts, i cant imagine you made this money from sportbetting but got your money from somewhere else? Im making this assumption since you seem to ask very novice questions for someone that bets a lot. Unless you are some rich whale... then i dont get it. You say you are betting on your bs baseball system. But did you ever bet these before and how did that work out?

For example if im betting 5k a game and had at least a 250k bankroll, 5k or 2 percent is basically nothing for a service that has been proven a winner. You only need to net 1 unit for half the season just to break even. The issue comes here for ppl that bet a lot less than that. Even if you bet 1000 a game, you need to be up 5 units just to break even. I mean from previous seasons, it seems like he is on average up 20 units halfway to the season? So if someone bets say 500 a game, i cant imagine this being worth it because it requires you to be up 10 units just to break even. And let say he does profit 20 units... you would net 10000 but 5k of it goes to the service. That is half your profit. I think someone would need to bet at least 1000 per game minimum for this service to be worth it. I think it should actually be even higher like 1500 or 2000. Anyone else agree/disagree with my numbers?

But danshan, what you are saying makes no sense. How can 5k be too high for someone like you when your average bet is already 5000.