Betting Talk

21/22 nba

Rook , you around ?

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member

Here we go, looking at a big year in NBA ..

533 CHAR +4.5

MY LINE MEM 2.08

Thanks bucky , revamped whole model with a few additional stats.

Nothing tonight .

looking at a few games , market as of right now is going against me on the bucks game, i have them -3.42, so ill keep an eye out to see if things change.

port should not be 6 or 6.5 pts favorites on the road vs anyone ...hou has been home for a while and port playing 3rd in 4 days with den coming up and hou 4-2 ats vs below .500 clubs, ill keep my eye on this one as well.

562 hou +6.5 my line por -3.94

566 mem +1.5 my line mem -0.69

574 gsw -5.5 my line gsw -7.00

luck

512 cle +2

both teams BB and 3 in 4, but boston played to OT and now has to travel , clev has been home for almost a week.

My line cle -1.23

luck

517 milu +2

luck

519 gsw -4.5...dont get this line ..

luck

514 char -1

luck

735 mia -2

luck

make that 535

• rookrook Senior Member

Hey jets96! Well, as you can see, I’m not around as often as last year. I kind of retired a little bit. Gone from spending 70-80 hours a week to spending maybe 1-2 hours per week, as well as vastly less stakes. My new approach is to mainly just watch the box scores for all the games of the day and look for patterns that fit what I know of the teams that are playing, and then make a live bet if I think I have a feel for how it is going to go. Last night was the first night in weeks that I bet before the game — went moneyline on the Warriors, which looks like a bet that might become fashionable again this year. Started this season almost as bad as I ended last season, but after my body caught on to the fact that I wasn’t going to beat it to death all week reading/watching/betting, then my mind seemed to relent and allowed me to get back to winning and slightly ahead.

How are you doing? Do I need to go through all your posts to check your record so far?

I dont post often , i have to wait till the last fucking sec to see who is in or out... am about even so far on the plays i made , doing much better in college hoops , i zero in on certain games and then look at them a lot closer, tonight utah st / weber st being one, i dont get this line at all , the SOS for these teams are crazy different but am thinking utah st might be peeking ahead to saturday when they play iowa , then again weber st is i think still an in state rival ..ill pass unless i see that line drop and then for sure ill take weber st...

hope you doing well

rook missing you , now that college is basically over been back to nba , doing really well tinkerd with model ...a little better I think ...come over to slack

• rookrook Senior Member

Had a weird development, not sure if it is good or bad: Bookmaker banned me from all promotions and betpoints. It’s weird because I never chased that kind of stuff anyway, except to cash my betpoints in when they accumulated. My betting is all NBA and SuperBowl, so I’m not sniping on marbles matches or anything like that. Going to Vegas in a couple of days so I might need some baseball picks to win money to cover my inevitable craps losses. Or, maybe not — I might be able to figure out a WNBA bet if it comes down to it…