Betting Talk

Warlock vs Loeffler

rookrook Senior Member

So a 538 poll gave Warnock a 1% advantage in Georgia while BM still offers Warnock at +133. Is that poll worth betting on?

Comments

• R40R40 Senior Member

No. No way Warnock can be up 1%. At least not with voters.

• R40R40 Senior Member

Holy crap. Warnock is -175. If the Rs can't win this when Trump is not on the ballot, they have major problems.

This will be interesting.

• R40R40 Senior Member

Really don't get how the lines on these two races are always so different. How many people are going to split their vote?

• rookrook Senior Member

BM (this moment) is -169 Warnock. I’m thinking it makes sense, because the Republicans always win Georgia run-offs. However, supposedly the Georgia Republicans always win run-offs because voter turnout is always low. But this election, turnout is already historically high. Maybe some money on Warnock would be warranted.

• R40R40 Senior Member

Yes. I'm glad I had written this thing off and hadn't checked. I do have a little money in Bookmaker from a survey so stuck it on Loeffler. I bet on Warnock would have been earlier.

The black women are out for blood in Georgia. I can't believe they might pull this off. Still enough Trump effect to get them to the polls.

I think these polls are way off as usual though but obviously they have a chance. I'm going to be shocked if they win.

• rookrook Senior Member

My problem with betting on Warnock, though, is that every time I read about him there’s some godawful wife-problem situation from the past, or incendiary sermons that he made in the past, being published about him. Clearly he seems to be doing just fine amidst the blowback, but it makes me wonder if opponents might find some more devastating dirt on him before the election. Though, perhaps that might not matter since most of the voting is already in, I think.

• R40R40 Senior Member

You can't really freak people out more than they are already freaked. It is just about turnout at this point. His being a preacher is huge because they are turning out the black churches for him. They are slamming it. That is what is going to win it.

The Rs are running a couple of crooks so they have no helped their cause any.

• StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member

"I just want to find 11,780 votes"

sad world the Conservative now must own and live in.

• rookrook Senior Member

StackAttack, do you have any feel for who will be winning the senatorial elections tomorrow?

• rookrook Senior Member

Warlock now at -191...

• R40R40 Senior Member

Warnock supposedly up by 7 points in polls. Blacks do outnumber whites in Georgia I believe so it is possible. He probably should be the favorite. I don't think the polls are wrong so much as they do not get likely voters. Hard to believe Trump can drive more voters than Obama.

• StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member

no idea.

i do know though if the Rs lose both, it will be FRAUD or rigged or Pelosi and aliens (space aliens, not the usual millions of Latinos who always vote against the Conservative) became invisible and voted 1021378 times.

• rookrook Senior Member

Well I put down 4 units to win 2 on Warnock winning. At least I didn’t bet the farm, and at least I don’t have to wait months for the results...

• R40R40 Senior Member

Not a whole lot of value there but why not. I'd say Warnock is -125. We will see how this vote turns out.

• rookrook Senior Member

Yep, I should have bet my 4 units when Warnock was at +137 but I didn’t have the courage...

• R40R40 Senior Member

#BlackVotesMatter

Whitey didn't show.

• rookrook Senior Member

As usual when I bet heavy favorites, I end up more glad to get my 4 units back than I am to win the extra 2 units.