ncaa bb 19/20

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    823 tulsa +5.5

luck
    edited January 2020
    My model says to take Maryland , but one of my rules are that if the opponent has revenge i pass. Which i will.
    Maryland has its problems against good teams on the road, losses to penn st , s hall, iowa and wis ...Indiana has a few nice wins at home vs ohio st and last thursday vs micg st . Indiana needs to hit some 3's, doubt they will get easy baskets. I know nothing about matchups but it doesnt look like this is a good one for indiana ...ill just watch the game.
    Any thoughts ???
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    I believe your spot on with your comments regarding Indiana vs Maryland. I not big on revenge angles for obvious reasons but your right when you say Maryland isn't a very good road team at this time but not many Big 10 teams are and Indiana isn't in a good spot with a quick turnaround coming off a big win. FWIW for those that like the angle unranked teams that are favorite over ranked teams the record is 4-10-1 that's the recent record for the month of Jan. Good Game to watch or ignore. Take a look at Iona -2 and Unlv if you can pick up at least a +7 there seems to still be a couple around.
    edited January 2020
    Thanks OT ..i like the revenge factor in college sports way more then the pros, hope all is well brother .

- - - Updated - - -

Like i do with every smart guy here , i handicap their picks ....i came up with mom -1 and a total of 143
    edited January 2020
    Jets, about 70% of my bets have of the Live Bet variety which I think is the way these days. For example yesterday I liked Texas over LSU and price was Texas -1.5/-2 but I caught a +3.5 with Texas a little into the game and Texas loses by 2 but I cash that bet. I make a list of the games I like and watch and then act. Yes it does cut down on volume which could be Bad or good depending on what type of player your are. The downside is downside is you have to be willing to pass a game you may like. I know some people that will play a small amount on the side or total they like and if the opportunity arises they add on at a better number if not they still have a bet. I think it's the future as books are reporting that live betting handle has been going up and up.

I bring it up because your making your own numbers and with live betting you not only see teams (If You can) play and get a feel for what's happening in the game. There's also buy backs to consider even if you have pre game bet or a live bet that isn't going the way you thought. No hesitation just get out if you feel you need to. How many times have you bet a game and said looks like I have the wrong side. Now mistakes will be made but I think the ++'s far out-weight any mistakes that maybe made.

One live bet I like is in the NBA . When the Home team that was favorite is losing by doubles in the 2nd period either in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd or even a little later if the number is right play the Home team. Remember the team has to be capable of coming back in others words no Cleveland or teams like that. "The NBA a game of runs" It doesn't happen every night but the % isn't that bad. This Maryland/Indiana game is a good example of taking a look how Indiana comes out in this spot which I consider a tough spot to get up early day and play basketball on a quick turnaround after a big upset win. Right now Maryland up by 14 and the Live is Indy +8.5 so you have options. I guess as of this writing Indy is effected of the quick turnaround early start, but it's early. The Books are just to good these days right from opening bell there on top of their game. Track it for a while if time permits.
    Good Luck Jets. Indy down 11 could be a little comeback in them.
    edited January 2020
    You just schooled me on something i never thought about, now that was a SSB moment for me , i already printed it.
    thanks for sharing. Am not smart enough or quick enough to live bet. Plenty , plentyyyyyy of times id like to get out of bets , just cant sit at computer and monitor every game.
    edited January 2020
    You don't have to sit at a computer all day just checking scores and seeing how the game is going sometimes is good enough. Talk soon take care. Baseball right around the corner. Good Luck to your son he has someone far away rooting for him.
    edited January 2020
    843 xavier +6 -115

luck
    edited January 2020
    OT , thanks , yup this is it , he needs to pitch like he did this past summer and he has a chance to get drafted. Time will tell ,ill be down in fla the beginning of March to watch team , scouts will be there watching like every year so we shall see. Big disadvantage to northern teams when we go down, some of the teams we play have already played 10 to 15 real games before we played our first. My neighbor son who plays baseball for st johns just hurt his arm , he will find out tomorrow if he is lost for the season, that hurts, this kid will get drafted , st johns coach of all those years just left as well

- - - Updated - - -

Some indiana come back huh
    edited January 2020
    793 temple +5.5

luck

was going to take tex and ind but lost a half point on both from last night....still going to take them but ill wait now to see if i can get a better number
    edited January 2020
    843 ind +6

luck
    edited February 2020
    625 iowa st +3 ....conf sos basically the same , my line pk , Tex barely won vs tcu turning the ball over 27%of the time , and might be looking ahead to Kansas on Monday.

luck
    edited February 2020
    731 kentucky +3

luck
    edited February 2020
    my model picked out stanford as a play ...kenpom has stanf by 1 ....am not taking it ...I know what they can do on dee but it was against a much weaker sked....ill pass .
    Also like depaul but waiting on howard ?
    edited February 2020
    737 hou +3.5

luck
    edited February 2020
    843 ill +5 ..just to be fair ill make it -115

luck
    edited February 2020
    601 ten +5.5

luck
    edited February 2020
    609 aub +1.5...i think OT said ranked teams getting pts havent done well ,DONT hold me to this but i think he siad 4-10 in jan

luck

- - - Updated - - -

621 rutgers +8 pn

luck
    edited February 2020
    627 penn st +8.5

luck
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    jets--can you provide a record update for NCAA--thanks
    edited February 2020
    631 xavier +1

luck
    maybe one more
    edited February 2020
    635 miss st +7

luck

- - - Updated - - -

ytd 76-59 +11.95 ...regressing ,was up over 20 units here last week .
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    jets96 wrote: »
    635 miss st +7

luck

- - - Updated - - -

ytd 76-59 +11.95 ...regressing ,was up over 20 units here last week .

Still a very good job jets--thanks for the update
    edited February 2020
    785 pitt +6

luck
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    Nice Season Jets keep it rolling!
    edited February 2020
    617 uconn +2.5

luck
    edited February 2020
    617 ov 124

luck
    edited February 2020
    627 cinn +5

luck
    edited February 2020
    689 pac +7.5 ,yes sf lost to the zags and want to bounce but they have already beat pac and they have a real big game on top vs byu this weekend...the line is a little inflated if you ask me.

luck

also, i think am going over in this game ...i like 134 but like less more, ill wait.
    edited February 2020
    689 ov 134
    luck