Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    kane wrote: »
    So, Jason Heyward is now worth $23M a year, holy fuck

He just said he didn't take the highest offer. Are you kidding me, teams were willing to go higher than that for mediocrity. Wow
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Are all TV executives as clueless regarding NFL games? We get every Eagles and Titans game in southern Oregon due to the former ties to Oregon Football. Of all the games to chose from this week that mean something we get Titans vs Pats..
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I just got a Christmas gift from Fox sports, John Smoltz is replacing Harold Reynolds in the announcers booth
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Boise out gained N Ill 654-33, I don't even know how that's possible
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Why did Wash Huskie coach Peterson opt for a field goal with less 10 or so seconds left up 10. Taking a delay of game on the 6inch line on 4th down. Am I missing something or is the Pac10 too difficult for him?
    edited December 2015
    Great ending to the Indiana game..kick looked good to me.
    edited December 2015
    Enough already. How many fkn times do we have to hear "they must have indisputable evidence to overturn?" Can one of these talking heads say something original?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Watching the Wash/Philly game here we go again what's a catch and what's not a catch. It's a fucken joke. Was QB takes a knee on the 5 yard with 6 seconds left and no timeouts. What a moron and meanwhile he vists the bank every two week with lots of zero's on it and doesn't know what to do and what did the coach tell in the time out. Yea I'm going to bet the NFL real soon. Old guys with strips triping over there own feet and they want them to keep up with these guys. too funny. These owners are laughing the asses off.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    The refs just kicked out a Nebraska player for making a perfect tackle, leading with his shoulder. They really need to look at the targeting rule in the off-season, and make some changes
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited December 2015
    The refs just kicked out a Nebraska player for making a perfect tackle, leading with his shoulder. They really need to look at the targeting rule in the off-season, and make some changes

That was brutal. Michigan had two guys called for targeting this year, one was very similiar to that and one was pushed to the ground by an opponent from behind head first into the ball carrier. Targeting is the dumbest rule in a sport full of stupid rules. Dumping targeting and instant replay would be a start, then they can tackle all the other issues.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I understand the official who threw the flag thinking he saw the defender leading with his helmet, but I can't understand how the replay official looks at that play a few times and confirms the call, that's what I don't get, you're going to kick a kid out of a bowl game when he never made contact with his helmet, it doesn't make sense. The penalty for targeting is way to harsh, instead of kicking the player out of the game, keep a running tab, if a player reaches a certain number of targeting penalties in a season, then he gets suspended for a game, something like that. Oh yeah, I'm on the Huskers if you couldn't tell
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited December 2015

That was absurd. At least Rod Gilmore called them out for it, including the idiot 'rules expert' when he started off trying to defend the call.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited December 2015

They need to make this a 2-tiered penalty like in baskets. Ref throws flag. If it doesn't look like it's targeting, let the penalty stand but leave kid in game. The rule as it stands is too ridiculous. We've all seen a player dive to make a tackle at the same time as the QB starts sliding-- unintentional helmet to helmet and kid is kicked out of game.

But, not to worry, we want to be safe. :rolleyes: So, in a few years we'll be playing flag football, and any hitting will call for expulsion from the game.
    edited December 2015
    The NCAA/NFL continually embarrass themselves with their replay 'experts' in the booth. Re: Alabama TD.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Derrick Henry should do the honorable thing and give the Heisman trophy to Christian McCaffrey
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    The three people who didn't vote for Ken Griffey Jr should have their HOF voting rights taken away immediately
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    The three people who didn't vote for Ken Griffey Jr should have their HOF voting rights taken away immediately

SVP did a piece on that exact statement, I couldn't agree more. Sadly we'll never know who it was, probably some racists.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2016
    cpech56 wrote: »
    SVP did a piece on that exact statement, I couldn't agree more. Sadly we'll never know who it was, probably some racists.

Due to the voting structure, I'd guess it's 3 guys that assumed that Griffey would have enough votes to get in, and used their votes on another 10 candidates that they assumed could use them more.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    Due to the voting structure, I'd guess it's 3 guys that assumed that Griffey would have enough votes to get in, and used their votes on another 10 candidates that they assumed could use them more.

This is what I heard also. It still doesn't excuse them for leaving Junior off their ballot so they can save their vote for some fringe player. There has never been a player inducted with 100% of the vote, this would have been a perfect time, and Griffey would have been the perfect player to be the first. It would have been a "fuck you" to the McGwire's, Bonds, and Sosa's of the sport who juiced, Griffey did it the right way in an era where most didn't, and the voters could have sent a message by inducting him with a 100% margin
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    This is what I heard also. It still doesn't excuse them for leaving Junior off their ballot so they can save their vote for some fringe player. There has never been a player inducted with 100% of the vote, this would have been a perfect time, and Griffey would have been the perfect player to be the first. It would have been a "fuck you" to the McGwire's, Bonds, and Sosa's of the sport who juiced, Griffey did it the right way in an era where most didn't, and the voters could have sent a message by inducting him with a 100% margin

Nobody NEEDS an excuse to not vote for a player on a HOF ballot. Nor do they need to justify not voting for someone. Griffey wasn't unanimous. BFD. Neither was anybody else.
    edited January 2016
    I always thought the "spin cycle" was found only on washing machines? Today's internet BMs have adopted it to their websites. Been around for a while, but they are getting bolder and better at it.
    edited January 2016
    do teams just storm the court every time they win these days?
    edited January 2016
    do teams just storm the court every time they win these days?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm loving the fact that none of Lebron's teammates made the all star team, but two of his former teammates did
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    I always thought the "spin cycle" was found only on washing machines? Today's internet BMs have adopted it to their websites. Been around for a while, but they are getting bolder and better at it.

lol delays?
    edited January 2016
    I'm loving the fact that none of Lebron's teammates made the all star team, but two of his former teammates did

but raiders says cavs are by far the most talented team in the league
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    durito wrote: »
    but raiders says cavs are by far the most talented team in the league

Raiders says a lot of dumb things, this included. I wish you would start posting there again
    edited January 2016
    Raiders says a lot of dumb things, this included. I wish you would start posting there again

i don't think i can take it. it's like they get dumber by the week
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    i don't think i can take it. it's like they get dumber by the week

That's become a problem, the smart ones are leaving and being replaced by idiots
    edited January 2016
    lol delays?

Strange thing happened the other day. The 'spin cycle' wasn't on. Had to play 2 sides that were gonna move in seconds. 1st game rejected 'cause of line change second game they didn't move. I deleted the game that moved and submitted the 2nd game @ my original price. I check the screen and noticed the game I played moved against me and the rejected game moved almost 1.5 pts. Wtf? Those sneaky conniving SOBs didn't move my 2nd bet 'cause I accidentally BET THE WRONG SIDE.