Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Hey kane,Ron anybody seen Cools or w2w or the Met defense for that matter. Cost me good them Rat bastards.

Daniel Murphy isn't winning a gold glove anytime soon, and Collins should have brought in Familia either to start the eighth or at the very least after he walked Zobrist, no way Clippard should have stayed in to pitch to Cain, Wade Davis pitched the final two innings, Familia should have done the same
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Eric Hosmer has balls of steel
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Eric Hosmer has balls of steel

up games 3-1 and going home for 6th and 7 if you have to. It was a good heads up play but I wouldn't go over board. A good throw gets him by 10 feet. but with the way the mets play defense that was unlikely.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    up games 3-1 and going home for 6th and 7 if you have to. It was a good heads up play but I wouldn't go over board. A good throw gets him by 10 feet. but with the way the mets play defense that was unlikely.

Exactly, that's make makes it such a ballsy play, it would be easy to go if you have blazing speed, or know that you're going to score easily, but to go in that spot, when all it takes is a halfway good throw from Duda, and you're out by a lot, I couldn't believe he went, I don't think Duda expected it either which would explain his poor throw, btw, they gave Perez an RBI on that play, they didn't give Duda an error which I disagree with, but any kind of throw and he's out, that takes balls of steel to go home in that situation
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning faced each other, and combined they threw a total of zero TD passes, I never thought that could be possible
    edited November 2015
    I mean this with all sincerity how did the Mets get this far. If I owned the Dodgers I fire everybody for losing to this team.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Are those Casey's Mets? Resigning Murphy? Ah............Addison Reed an AZ reject. They'll get'em next year.lol

I got Flores on a "Tom Hanks" watch. "There's no crying in baseball".
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    If Michael Conforto was a stock, I would invest heavily, kid's going to be a star
    edited November 2015
    They had chances in the series at certain points to blow games open and it never happen except the one.
    If they won I think this would have been one of the worst teams ever to win a world series. Three excellent starting pitchers but you have to catch the ball they can't strike everyone out and if you not getting that key hit and the shift is on tap the ball where there not do something. The best is 2 months ago they wanted to trade Harvey and hang him now he's a hero to them. Sorry but rooting for the Mets is like sticking pins in your eyes.:thumbdown:
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Once again Collins messed up, before the game, the plan was for Harvey to go eight, then bring in Familia in the ninth. He shouldn't have let Harvey start the ninth, or at most, once someone reaches base, then take him out, but he left him in to pitch to Hosmer, just like the previous game when he took out Clippard one batter to late. The Royals were clearly the better team and deserved to win, it's tough to win a seven game series when the difference in bullpens is that big when comparing those two teams
    edited November 2015
    Once again Collins messed up, before the game, the plan was for Harvey to go eight, then bring in Familia in the ninth. He shouldn't have let Harvey start the ninth, or at most, once someone reaches base, then take him out, but he left him in to pitch to Hosmer, just like the previous game when he took out Clippard one batter to late. The Royals were clearly the better team and deserved to win, it's tough to win a seven game series when the difference in bullpens is that big when comparing those two teams

Can't blame him for letting him start the 9th but that ^^ was the Mistake. The bullpen wasn't much help but the defense and lack of hitting with men on base is what cost them and that usually does. Giving teams 4 and 5 outs you just can't win. After watching a few games the Mets were so out-classed it made me wonder how they got there. Of course we know it was the starting pitching but like I said twice already you have to catch the ball if not I don't care who's pitching. The lead off walk throwing a slider not smart Bases loaded one run not good, panic throw to home not good. Give the Royals credit but not all of it. Big time help from the Mets.

EDIT: Not saying the Mets should have won but a 4-1 lost with that pitching staff is unacceptable.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I miss Golfer's bitch thread, it made my Saturdays more entertaining
    edited November 2015

Since he got married he seems a little more mellow and stable. You oughta try it.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Since he got married he seems a little more mellow and stable. You oughta try it.

I'm very mellow and stable
    edited November 2015
    I'm very mellow and stable

I guess you don't need women then?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I guess you don't need women then?

No, I don't need to get married
    edited November 2015
    No, I don't need to get married

I'll stop there. I'm reading between the lines.
    edited November 2015

This isn't a bitch thread this IMO is called a discussion I'm missing your point. Golfer is doing great if you forget about the other day when RAS opened a thread read that one you'll see there's mello there.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    This isn't a bitch thread this IMO is called a discussion I'm missing your point. Golfer is doing great if you forget about the other day when RAS opened a thread read that one you'll see there's mello there.

OT, my comment had nothing to do with this thread. My comment about Golfer was completely independent of anything in this thread, I saw Golfer posting today, and I realized how much I miss his bitch thread, I know you never liked it, but I always found it entertaining
    edited November 2015
    OT, my comment had nothing to do with this thread. My comment about Golfer was completely independent of anything in this thread, I saw Golfer posting today, and I realized how much I miss his bitch thread, I know you never liked it, but I always found it entertaining
    you'll see there's mello there.
    also left the word No out meant to say There's No mello there. to each is own IMO is wasn't a bitch thread it was a nasty name calling thread which he would never say anything like that in person.

We move on... Love ya like a brother from a different mother.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Al Michaels seems to making an effort to not mention the spread..
    edited November 2015
    This might be a first since the inception of the 2pt conversion. Last play of game NYG scores TD on TBay fumble while time expires. Unlike NCAA, NFL rules state you must attempt 1 or 2pt PAT.

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. J.Brown rushes kneels. ATTEMPT FAILS.
    edited November 2015
    Why didn't the ref's call a 15yd penalty on APeterson for taking off his helmet vs GB?
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Beats the stick out of me
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Why didn't the ref's call a 15yd penalty on APeterson for taking off his helmet vs GB?

jj watt did the same thing today and was not flagged
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    buckeyes wrote: »
    Maybe not...stay tuned.

He survived after all.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    hornsfan , you beat me to the punch , was going to say the same thing.
    edited November 2015
    Sometimes the inside info you get turns out to bite you in the ass. Re: CCook definitely out versus OSU. Here's another $$ burner. NMexSt Qb Andrew Allen's police dad was shot and KIA. This Saturday prior to the ULL game, he hadda attend 2 services for him in TX and then drive 3.5 hours to Lafytte, La. He not only got there in time, he led his double digit underdog team to a straight up win. GO FIGURE???
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I was wrong about Kristaps Porzingis, the kid's a player
    edited November 2015
    Again.................wtf do we have replay? Kizer obvious knee down, ball not over goal line. They fked ND by allowing the TD and giving Col.Hogan 30 seconds and 3 TOs to come back. Btw though, one of the best viewing games of the year. Gus Johnson gives the telecast emotion.