Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    How about a bad pitch selection. Not taking away from KC or Cain I enjoy watching him myself. But the kid throws 97/98 just fire get beat with your best. Walk the first batter on 3-2 slider or change up. Once he walk the first batter he's dead.
    Then Toronto gets 2nd and 3rd and a 2-1 count on Revere and instead of ball 3 the ump calls a strike changes everything but you deal with it and the kid couldn't he was going swing at the next pitch no matter where it was. If you watch one baseball game all year you knew it was going to be a low inside slider. Give Davis credit he could have thrown that away but Revere swings and misses. .

Mr MVP next up nothing. I found it hard to believe they couldn't score and for that they go home. Got to say Joey Bats came up big when it counted most.

Should be a great World series and it's a -PK-
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    kane wrote: »
    I said it before, and I'll repeat myself, I love watching Lorenzo Cain play the game of Baseball.

Aren't we a bit redundant? Ok, we get it, you gotta man crush on Lorenzo Cain. I lost money on him tonight with a matchup versus Encarnacion. Tonight I don't like him. Here join the club:

https://www.facebook.com/LorenzoCainFanClub
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Aren't we a bit redundant? Ok, we get it, you gotta man crush on Lorenzo Cain. I lost money on him tonight with a matchup versus Encarnacion. Tonight I don't like him. Here join the club:

https://www.facebook.com/LorenzoCainFanClub

I'm a big Lorenzo Cain fan, sorry if that bothers you
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Any chance the public drives up the Pats line?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    kcburgh wrote: »
    Any chance the public drives up the Pats line?

The public is split on the game
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Al Golden is finally gone, real nice guy, terrible coach
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I know this might sound crazy, but If I'm Blake James I'm placing a call to Pete Carroll, I don't think they could afford him, but you've got nothing to lose
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I should have said, James is the AD at Miami
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Al Golden is finally gone, real nice guy, terrible coach

I'm not ready to give up on him yet. He was always a very well respected assistant, and did a fantastic job at Temple with little resources. I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up with another Division 1a head coaching gig at some point, so I guess we'll see.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Golden will get another D1 job. As far as Miami, I think someone like Tom Herman or Justin Fuente would be great. Both are good recruiters and their offense sells tickets.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    I'm not ready to give up on him yet. He was always a very well respected assistant, and did a fantastic job at Temple with little resources. I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up with another Division 1a head coaching gig at some point, so I guess we'll see.

He might have done a great job at Temple, but he was bad down here, he's a good recruiter, but he's not good with x's and o's, and when you're already on the hot seat, then you go out and lose by the biggest margin in school history, you're done. I have no doubt he'll get another head coaching job, but it won't be at a high profile school, maybe a place like Rutgers, or Connecticut, someplace in the Northeast, but I would be surprised to see him get a big time job.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Is Glenn really dead?
  • Pepper BrooksPepper Brooks Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Didn't like the shirt with tie look. IIRC, it was an homage to Joe Paterno (Golden played and coached at PSU).

Miami is just not the same job that it was. They haven't even played in an ACCCG game yet. The most recent 3 hires all failed. At some point, it's not the coach, but the job. Playing in Sun Life Stadium doesn't help. The Canes have no legit home field.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Is Glenn really dead?

Maybe not...stay tuned.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Didn't like the shirt with tie look. IIRC, it was an homage to Joe Paterno (Golden played and coached at PSU).

Miami is just not the same job that it was. They haven't even played in an ACCCG game yet. The most recent 3 hires all failed. At some [/B]point, it's not the coach, but the job. Playing in Sun Life Stadium doesn't help. The Canes have no legit home field.

Yes they did, but I disagree when you say it's not the coach, it's the job. The last three coaches at Miami were Larry Coker, Randy Shannon, and Al Golden. After leaving Miami, the best job Coker could get was starting up a new program coaching at Texas-San Antonio, Randy Shannon couldn't get another head coaching job, I believe he's now the linebackers coach at Florida, and if Golden does gat another head coaching job, I doubt it will be at a high profile school, so it's not like these guys left Miami and had success elsewhere, they were just bad hires, period. I'm not saying the right coach brings Miami back to being the power they were back in the day, but I do think the right coach can get them back to being a consistent top ten team. You can't tell me Miami doesn't have enough talent to at least be ranked in the top 25, I mean forget about BCS bowls, but they can't even crack the top 25. You also can't tell me Miami doesn't have the athletes of a team like Baylor, TCU or Utah, etc. The right coach can bring the Canes at least back to being a good solid program, the problem is finding the right guy, and Miami also doesn't pay a lot for their coach, so that hurts them as well.
    edited October 2015
    A good candidate would be Schiano or even Richt after GA eventually shitcans him. The flashy moniker of "The U" is quickly becoming "The Who?"
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Leach
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    A good candidate would be Schiano or even Richt after GA eventually shitcans him. The flashy moniker of "The U" is quickly becoming "The Who?"

Want no part of Schiano, he could have had the job once before, but he wanted more money, so Miami hired someone else, so fuck him. Plus, I don't think much of him as a coach, if he was a great coach, I would forgive him for turning the job down the first time, just being honest. Richt, on the other hand is a different story, I haven't heard his name mentioned, but it might be time for a change for him and UGA, he's been there a long time, I would definitely put him on my short list if he becomes available, I've always thought he was a pretty good coach, and he played at Miami many years ago, he would be a good fit imo
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Leach

No chance, he's too crazy
    edited October 2015
    wtf is Cain doing bunting in the 8th??
    edited October 2015

I came right here after the game because I knew what was going to be said. If I had to talk to cain I would tell him to bunt the ball it has to be below the hairline.... JK kane
    edited October 2015
    Top 14 DWright hits a long drive to left. ARod comments "ut oh" thinking it was a homer. Caught by Gordon. I wonder who ARod was rooting for?
    edited October 2015

"Turns out, Royals manager Ned Yost didn't put on the bunt signal.
    "That was my call," Cain said. "Just trying to do whatever I could to get the run over there to tie the game up. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job done. So I'll move on from it. Gordo had a big homer. That was huge."
    edited October 2015
    Despite the blackout, Buck/Reynolds/Verducci doing a good job for FOX. Relief McCarver is out to pasture.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    The ending to the Miami-Duke game was one of the most amazing things I've seen on a football field. I'm happy for the Miami kids, they've been through a lot this year, and I'm glad they could enjoy that moment
    edited November 2015
    The ending to the Miami-Duke game was one of the most amazing things I've seen on a football field. I'm happy for the Miami kids, they've been through a lot this year, and I'm glad they could enjoy that moment

How special. Touching moments on a gambling forum. Whatta 'bout the Duke team that battled all the way back only to get 'jobbed' by an inept replay system? CLEARLY showing a knee down. Since when does the replay pick up flags? Listen to Duke coach Cutcliffe's postgame interview. Fueling my rant? OVER 47 and UNDER 51.5.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    How special. Touching moments on a gambling forum. Whatta 'bout the Duke team that battled all the way back only to get 'jobbed' by an inept replay system? CLEARLY showing a knee down. Since when does the replay pick up flags? Listen to Duke coach Cutcliffe's postgame interview. Fueling my rant? OVER 47 and UNDER 51.5.

I wish I could have seen the look on your face during that last play
    edited November 2015
    I wish I could have seen the look on your face during that last play

Sorry to disappoint you but my carrier doesn't show Miami games live. The reason given was if Hurricane fans don't show up for their home games wtf gonna watch'em on tv.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Sorry to disappoint you but my carrier doesn't show Miami games live. The reason given was if Hurricane fans don't show up for their home games wtf gonna watch'em on tv.

I that case, I wish you could have seen the look on my face during the last play
    edited November 2015
    Hey kane,Ron anybody seen Cools or w2w or the Met defense for that matter. Cost me good them Rat bastards.