Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    kane wrote: »
    TT's QB is listed as questionable, so I want to see his status later in the week. It might be tough for the Raiders to bounce back after that heartbreaking loss last week to TCU, more than likely a pass for me. The game starts at 3:30, it might not end until 8:00

I agree. Baylor defense gets a few stops they can cover cause they may score every time they get it. Should be a good game though I think. But I'm hoping Baylor kills them.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    kcburgh wrote: »
    tonight is the night the Chiefs get a td from a wr...

Boom!
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    You called it!

vdms2Vo.gif
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    The TCU/TT game has a total of 90, the Duke/BC game has a total of 36.5, wow
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    The TCU/TT game has a total of 90, the Duke/BC game has a total of 36.5, wow

Do you think this is the biggest ever discrepancy between two CFB totals in the same week?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Tortuga wrote: »
    Do you think this is the biggest ever discrepancy between two CFB totals in the same week?

I don't have any data on this, but 90 is about as high a total as you'll see, and 36.5 is about as low a total as you'll see, so the fact both games are on the same day would make me think it might be the biggest gap. Duke/BC could play twice and not reach the total scored in the TCU/TT game
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Unless the screen is wrong, every baseball game tomorrow is starting at 3:00, I don't recall ever seeing something like that
  • Pepper BrooksPepper Brooks Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I think that they did that last year too. The point is to give no team an advantage or disadvantage if there is something on the line on the last day.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2015
    Unless the screen is wrong, every baseball game tomorrow is starting at 3:00, I don't recall ever seeing something like that

Not wrong. They said they didn't want a situation where a team gets an advantage by starting later. Last year when St Louis had Wainwright starting but after the early games, they didn't need the game so they scratched him.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I can't wait to see the total on the NW/Mich game, it might be the lowest we've seen in a while, they should just play the first team who scores wins
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Oh, I almost forgot. Fuck Mark Buehrle and fuck the Blue Jays
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Ian Eagle called a play during the Chiefs/Bengals game monumental..doubt it was.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Dee Gordon won the batting title today going 3-4, I'm happy for him, seems like a good kid, one of the few bright spots in an otherwise disaster of a year for the Marlins
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    So both road teams open as a favorite in the wild card game, the Cubs I expected with Arietta, but I'm surprised in the AL, didn't expect to see the bombers as a HD, interested to see where these lines end up. The Pirates end the season with the second best record in baseball, and their reward is a one game playoff against Arietta, sometimes life isn't fair
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    So both road teams open as a favorite in the wild card game, the Cubs I expected with Arietta, but I'm surprised in the AL, didn't expect to see the bombers as a HD, interested to see where these lines end up. The Pirates end the season with the second best record in baseball, and their reward is a one game playoff against Arietta, sometimes life isn't fair

I think/hope the Pirates find a way to get to the cashiers window. ..Cubs fans are jackasses.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2015

Why are you surprised to see the NYY open a home dog? Keuchel is a co-favorite Cy Young candidate, 20 game winner and a lefty in Yankee Stadium. Tanaka? so-so.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Why are you surprised to see the NYY open a home dog? Keuchel is a co-favorite Cy Young candidate, 20 game winner and a lefty in Yankee Stadium. Tanaka? so-so.

Keuchel has had a better season than Tanaka, no doubt, but first off, the Astros are a bad road team (53-28 at home, 33-48 on the road), second, for as good as Keuchel has been, he's never been on this big of a stage before, and I don't know if he'll be the same pitcher he's been all year pitching with this kind of pressure. I'm not saying the Yankees should be big faves, but I thought they would open -120 or so, I was a little surprised to see them open as dogs
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    kcburgh wrote: »
    I think/hope the Pirates find a way to get to the cashiers window. ..Cubs fans are jackasses.

I'll be rooting for the Pirates, Andrew McCutcheon is one of my favorite players, and I like how they play the game. I agree with you about Cubs fans, they talk with an unearned arrogance, I would love to see the Bucs beat them
    edited October 2015
    Keuchel has had a better season than Tanaka, no doubt, but first off, the Astros are a bad road team (53-28 at home, 33-48 on the road), second, for as good as Keuchel has been, he's never been on this big of a stage before, and I don't know if he'll be the same pitcher he's been all year pitching with this kind of pressure. I'm not saying the Yankees should be big faves, but I thought they would open -120 or so, I was a little surprised to see them open as dogs

Cut the shit. Tanaka is pitching the biggest game of his life outside of Japan. You must be a seer.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Cut the shit. Tanaka is pitching the biggest game of his life outside of Japan. You must be a seer.

I'm not saying the Yankees will win, all I said was I was surprised to see them open as a HD, especially given how poorly the Astros have played on the road, I thought the Yankees would open as a small favorite, instead Houston opened as a small favorite, that's all
    edited October 2015
    You're really digging when question Keuchel on the big stage and fail to mention the oft-injured Tanaka is no grizzled veteran and in a foreign land.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Ron, I thought the Yankees would open a small favorite, I was surprised to see them open as a small dog, that's all. Are you drunk? Have you ever been surprised by a line before? Has there ever been a team favored by more than you thought, and you were surprised? Have you ever thought one team would open as a small favorite, but the other team opened the chalk? And when I do think about this game from a betting standpoint, the fact that Tanaka wasn't born in this country will have no bearing on my play
    edited October 2015
    Ron, I thought the Yankees would open a small favorite, I was surprised to see them open as a small dog, that's all. Are you drunk? Have you ever been surprised by a line before? Has there ever been a team favored by more than you thought, and you were surprised? Have you ever thought one team would open as a small favorite, but the other team opened the chalk? And when I do think about this game from a betting standpoint, the fact that Tanaka wasn't born in this country will have no bearing on my play

Kane, I don't need a dialogue defending your amateurism. I get it!
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Go to bed, sleep it off, you haven't made sense in anything you've posted tonight
    edited October 2015
    Go to bed, sleep it off, you haven't made sense in anything you've posted tonight

Kane, I've been at it since 7:30am pt trading. I believe everything I mentioned/said is sensible and sometimes out of the box. I can't get excited and go ga-ga over a non-competitive/uneven playing field performance. Special but in my mind with an asterisk.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Kane, I've been at it since 7:30am pt trading. I believe everything I mentioned/said is sensible and sometimes out of the box. I can't get excited and go ga-ga over a non-competitive/uneven playing field performance. Special but in my mind with an [/B]asterisk.

okay, and I think his performance was special without adding an asterisk, we'll have to agree to disagree, it's settled, we move on.
    edited October 2015
    This is pregame analysis not after-the-fact.

Girardi is absolutely nuts if he starts and leads off Gardner in LF and to a lessor degree McCann behind the plate versus lefty Keuchel. Anyway, that's what the released pregame lineups show.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Ron , curious what the reference to lefthanders at yankee stadium means
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    jets96 wrote: »

LOL of course you are.
    edited October 2015
    jets96 wrote: »