Betting Talk

Thinking about investing in BP stocks

metagear89metagear89 Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Sports Betting
The drop in BP's stock price due to the gulf spill seems like an opportunity that can be capitalized on for the long term. I'm thinking about buying several shares and sitting on it for the long term. Let's face it, oil is a necessary commodity. I'm sure BP will rebound and the its stock will climb.

Any input from those who play the stock market will be appreciated.

Comments

• kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I worked with Ford, and Bank of America two big companies who were profitable that saw huge drops in stock price. both of the rebounded quickly and clearly there was lots of money made in their cases.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    first word should be "It"
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited July 2010
    The whole key to it is when is the right time? You can make money on almost any stock if you can time the bottom.
  • wcf124wcf124 Banned
    edited July 2010
    IF they can cap the well in aug,the price should rebound and at at this price, a takeover isnt out of the question
  • elwayisgodelwayisgod Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Buy, Buy, Buy... A year from now you will be a happy person....
  • rootirooti Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    from a broker friend and my opinion as well. you have to sit and wait, and the day they say the side wells they are drilling access the well below, you will have to see what they say about the leak and the stoppage. if they fail to stop the leak, it will tumble 25% more it will not be a big dividend stock, but once ALL the bad news is out and we encounter another large national emergency, the stock should pop 25-35% by years end
  • acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    my broker still says these two stocks i posted a while back are a GO... rvs.v is currently .50 and within a year it should be 2.00 - 3.00 and the other rptn.ob, currently .25 has potential of 2- 4 dollars within a year and possibly 10.00 plus in 3 to 4 years.. you can go read up on them on message boards.....I originally posted them at somewhere around .18
    gl
  • acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    as for BP, i WOULD wait on good news......as rooti said...
  • trofoostrofoos Junior Member

BP is generating huge profits right now. BP (LSE: BP) shares have been receiving plenty of attention recently and it’s easy to see why. Thanks to sky-high oil and gas prices, the company has seen its profits explode higher. But there are other sources you can invest. I suppose you know about https://modo.energy/ right?