Betting Talk

Volumes to low

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
Why this the ras volume so low? 6 games this week, no second halfs, no extra games. Why is volume so low

Comments

• HatHat Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Could be a good thing. Sides have been really bad. Same with 2nd halves. Only totals & extra games where we seem to have a big edge.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Don't think there are extra games after week4
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    The Monday sides have been rough , must be finding the board tough.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Was a 2nd h game..per the website.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Hate to admit this but I liked the Longhorns yesterday too. I really thought they could keep it tight in that game.

Hope Charlie strong gets fired today. I know he walked into a bad situation there, but he's not the answer. Hope he and his whole staff is gone by the end of the year.
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    You got your second half play.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2015
    The market has been tough. Not sure if anyone has noticed, but the board has been extremely active leading up to our set release times, more so than in any year previous. We have lost several plays as a result. We're going to move our side release up to 8am PST this week, which should help a little, but not solve the issue entirely.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    'too'
    edited October 2015
    Curious what you saw on the screen this morning? How much did the earlier release help?
    edited October 2015
    Still a lot of movement, but not as much as previous weeks, however there was more Sunday night movement than there was in previous weeks, so not sure how much if at all the earlier release helped.
    edited October 2015
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Still a lot of movement, but not as much as previous weeks, however there was more Sunday night movement than there was in previous weeks, so not sure how much if at all the earlier release helped.

Thanks, do the openers appear any more sharp than normal years, or is the screen just moving sooner? Thanks
    edited October 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Thanks, do the openers appear any more sharp than normal years, or is the screen just moving sooner? Thanks

Openers are a little bit sharper maybe, but they will always get a few wrong no matter what. There have always been early screen moves, but this year, at least so far, there have been more of them than in the past, and books are moving lines more aggressively, even through key numbers.

I'm not complaining about it, just pointing out that the market continues to get more difficult and competitive.
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Why not do more total ?
    edited October 2015
    winup wrote: »
    Why not do more total ?

We're averaging 6 total releases a week so far. I know last week was lower volume than usual, but we had a late scratch too. With current market conditions, lower volume weeks are probably going to be more common going forward.
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Are you considering releasing totals any earlier?
    edited October 2015
    Hat wrote: »
    Are you considering releasing totals any earlier?

Content with the totals window where it is for now, but we'll be ready to adapt if needed. If anything maybe just up to 8am PST.