Betting Talk

Remember when casually strolling out of bounds

2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
In a college football game was taboo ?

Spent the entire day in front of the tube today ( rare for me ) and cant believe how many guys look for the sidelines instead of fighting for evey last yard and inch through that last tackler.......This used to be common place and guys would be called out for not doing it.

Was wondering if anyone else has noticed ? Maybe this is a product of all the concussion out there........

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm not going to get on a player for going out of bounds instead of taking a big hit just to fight for an extra yard, you could be right regarding concussions, athletes are certainly more aware of it now than they used to be, no doubt
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Discretion was learned after watching Marion Barber.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Trouble is-- they don't head out of bounds when they need to. Case in point Indiana a couple of times on their last drive (which featured horrible clock management by players and coach).
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Discretion was learned after watching Marion Barber.

Great point, I remember watching Marion the Barbarian and thinking to myself this guy is the most psycho runner I have ever seen in my life.

Wonder if he would still run like that knowing everything the players know today.