Betting Talk

East Coast Weather Saturday

originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
See any games that may be affected by storm???

Thanks

Comments

• Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/084015.shtml?5-daynl

Southeast coast.

They've all been pounded under already.
    edited October 2015
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Looks like there won't be much effect from the storm. Projected trajectory too far off coast. Worth monitoring how he moves, but much ado about nothing imo. I'll have an update midnight/early morning for you. Personally waiting a bit more to see whether the PHI/ WSH game hits 43. Going to take the over.
    edited October 2015
    Yeah I've got a real close eye on some cfb totals, I agree that it might be an overreaction
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    While the storm is not gonna directly hit anywhere in the US. You are still going to be looking at some decent winds (sustained 15-20 - more in some places). Plenty of rain also from VA south, due to a totally unrelated system thats gonna trounce NC SC area over next 36 hrs.

Im not a meteorologist, just my two cents after looking at tons of weather info last 2 days. There are a good number of FCS games that will be effected, more than FBS.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm not a meteorologist either, but have been watching hurricane weather for years as I live in the Caribbean.

Not saying that you are wrong, because weather is a tricky thing. But here's my argument:

Look at the current distance from the centre of the storm to Miami. It's closer by than tomorrow (centre to NC/ VIR/ DEL) and the winds in Miami are currently 8-12 mph.

Again, keep monitoring the hurricane because it could still even make landfall on the East Coast. We've had a storm here where they predicted nothing would happen and it hit us head-on. Other times everybody was warned for a hurricane and it veered of just 1 hr before hitting us. We didn't even get rain.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Even without the hurricane, still some pretty shitty weather here on the East Coast tomorrow. Supposed to be 44 and raining at kickoff in State College tomorrow. Can't wait. :(
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    ARMY....PSU....CRAP CONDITIONS......best get it in during the tailgate Tommy!!!
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    am not so sure, lots and lots of time changes , before bad weather arrives
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    I'm not a meteorologist either, but have been watching hurricane weather for years as I live in the Caribbean.

Not saying that you are wrong, because weather is a tricky thing. But here's my argument:

Look at the current distance from the centre of the storm to Miami. It's closer by than tomorrow (centre to NC/ VIR/ DEL) and the winds in Miami are currently 8-12 mph.

Again, keep monitoring the hurricane because it could still even make landfall on the East Coast. We've had a storm here where they predicted nothing would happen and it hit us head-on. Other times everybody was warned for a hurricane and it veered of just 1 hr before hitting us. We didn't even get rain.

From what I've pieced together-- not so much the hurricane they're watching, but it's the ton of tropical outflow heading into the Carolinas-- where they already have a system soaking them. Parts of both Carolinas expecting up to 15 inches of rain between now and end of weekend. Lessening the farther north you get. And some games should have 15-20 mph winds, also.