Betting Talk

Hey Guys, I'm Alive and Well.........

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
Sorry for going AWOL on everyone. I got frustrated during basketball season last year, and cashed out both my online accounts, and took a break. I had every intention of reloading them at the start of football season this fall, and starting again. On top of the usual things that keep all of us busy, like work and family, I have also gotten back into full time, the sports cards and memoriabillia business. I spend alot of time buying, selling, and trading on Facebook, and other avenues, and when fall came around, didnt have the resources to properly fund my BM and Heritage accounts, to make decent sized wagers, or to take the time needed to research the schools in the Belt, and other conferences. I have gambled every football season for a little over 25 years, and to be honest, the first 2 weeks I didnt miss it nearly as bad as I thought I would. But last week when I saw a line of 21 in the Ark St-Missouri St game, I started missing it again, lol. I made a deposit at BM, and have started back on a small basis. I have been reading the board the last 2 weeks, and always enjoy all the input from everyone. I have missed my BT family, and may be tossing out an opinion or two going forward. Best of luck, Belter.

Comments

• TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    I'm new around here, but welcome back!
  • odiecabodiecab Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I thought you were dead. Welcome Back
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    SunBelter wrote: »
    Sorry for going AWOL on everyone. I got frustrated during basketball season last year, and cashed out both my online accounts, and took a break. I had every intention of reloading them at the start of football season this fall, and starting again. On top of the usual things that keep all of us busy, like work and family, I have also gotten back into full time, the sports cards and memoriabillia business. I spend alot of time buying, selling, and trading on Facebook, and other avenues, and when fall came around, didnt have the resources to properly fund my BM and Heritage accounts, to make decent sized wagers, or to take the time needed to research the schools in the Belt, and other conferences. I have gambled every football season for a little over 25 years, and to be honest, the first 2 weeks I didnt miss it nearly as bad as I thought I would. But last week when I saw a line of 21 in the Ark St-Missouri St game, I started missing it again, lol. I made a deposit at BM, and have started back on a small basis. I have been reading the board the last 2 weeks, and always enjoy all the input from everyone. I have missed my BT family, and may be tossing out an opinion or two going forward. Best of luck, Belter.

Great hobby to be in. I'm a big baseball card collector and signed memorabilia collector. Next summer when I start making purchases again I will have to look you up. Good luck
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    One of the only guys on the board that I will blindly follow. Look forward to your opinions.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    jakenhl wrote: »
    Great hobby to be in. I'm a big baseball card collector and signed memorabilia collector. Next summer when I start making purchases again I will have to look you up. Good luck

Sounds good Jake. You can find me on FB. Ed can give you my email address when you are ready. Going to a big show in St Louis next month, that JSA and PSA will be at. I live an hour from Memphis, and was able to get balls signed by Seager, Bryant, Russell, Matz, and Hunter Renfroe this year. Getting them all certified while Im there.
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Never thought about but I assumed there are facebook groups for the baseball sports related memorabilia trading, very good.
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    buckeyes wrote: »
    One of the only guys on the board that I will blindly follow. Look forward to your opinions.

I feel the same way, you & Helmut!
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    May the Sun shine!
  • mltn1010mltn1010 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Welcome back! Glad to see that all is well!!
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Glad all is well bud!
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    SunBelter wrote: »
    Sounds good Jake. You can find me on FB. Ed can give you my email address when you are ready. Going to a big show in St Louis next month, that JSA and PSA will be at. I live an hour from Memphis, and was able to get balls signed by Seager, Bryant, Russell, Matz, and Hunter Renfroe this year. Getting them all certified while Im there.
    That should be a good show man. I'm originally from a small town called Millstadt. It's about 20 min. from Busch Stadium. I used to make it to about 20 Cardinal games a year and got countless autographs from just about everyone on the team throughout the Pujols era in St. Louis. My problem was none of them would ever sign on the sweet spot. Busch Stadium has a great atmosphere though. I've been to a lot of other stadiums and have yet to find one that matches that of the Cardinal fans
  • jhdubyajhdubya Member
    edited October 2015
    Relieved...likewise thought you were 6ft under...
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Was big collector myself , gotta start selling everything.

Have about 100 signed balls ...mantle is my best
    went to show many moons ago in A.C go 16x20 pictures signed by joe namath , Ali and the mick
    with my original yankee stadium seats
    here is a pix

20151002_094014.jpg
    edited October 2015
    Was big collector myself , gotta start selling everything.

Have about 100 signed balls ...mantle is my best
    went to show many moons ago in A.C go 16x20 pictures signed by joe namath , Ali and the mick
    with my original yankee stadium seats
    here is a pix

20151002_094014.jpg
    edited October 2015
    That is some incredible stuff jets. If you decide to sell some of it off, give me a heads up.
    edited October 2015
    You got it , once winter sets in am going to start going through things ,ill let you know. Did you ever collect starting lineups ? i went to all the conventions , i dont even know how many i have...my attic is full of them, not sure what they are worth, i started collecting for the love it and never thought of selling things, now many years older and having a child that will be 17 in a week , who has no interest , i might as well start selling some things.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I collected SLUs as a kid also and have quite the robust collection. Unfortunately I don't think they are worth much these days?
    edited October 2015
    am sure i still have some rare ones, did you get TUFF STUFF mag, they had all the prices , i guess you have to check out ebay or something to see if they even sell , ill sell everything one shot deal for all of them
    edited October 2015
    Oh yea Tuff Stuff and becketts. Don't look on eBay you'll get depressed by how crappy prices are
    edited October 2015
    whats your suggestion ?? any better places
    edited October 2015
    I don't have any, I'm like you sitting on a bunch of things I haven't really thought much of lately. I'm happy to hold on to them for now, but I'll let one of the experts chime in. I don't know any better place, but I really haven't looked
    edited October 2015
    its cool , thanks anyway
    edited October 2015
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    I collected SLUs as a kid also and have quite the robust collection. Unfortunately I don't think they are worth much these days?

I have an attic full of SLU's, and unfortunately there is almost no market for them. Most are worth almost nothing.
    edited October 2015
    Bummer to hear. You don't ever see that changing do you?
  • vikingpowervikingpower Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Hey Belter good to see you again! Like anything today?
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Welcome back SB. Glad things are going well for you.
  • tro19tro19 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    A collector myself Sunbelter. Mostly vintage Green Bay Packer stuff. As cool as the new stuff is in the hobby, vintage will always rule over IMO