Betting Talk

Would Tim Tebow be better at QB in Dallas than Weeden?

Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
I know everyone is probably tired of the Tebow talk but hear me out on this. Tebow's weaknesses are obviously that he doesn't have a great arm. Does he need one in Dallas with that OL? He'd take pressure off the running game and make it tougher to stack the line since he can both run and pass. Weeden looked good enough on Sunday but what about when a team gameplans to take away the run? Are we trusting Weeden more than Tebow to win games at that point? I'm not looking forward to around the clock Tebow coverage but think he might be a good fit until Romo returns. Defense and running game make it so Tebow doesn't have to carry the team. Seems like a good situation for him. I guess I just don't trust Weeden.

Comments

• TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    At least Tebow would want to start.

Brandon Weeden content to be a backup, says, ‘God forbid I am forced to play*’
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/08/brandon-weeden-content-to-be-a-backup-says-god-forbid-i-am-forced-to-play.html/

*Taken out of context
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Jake, u r a sentimentalist. That's ok but selling Weeden short. Rocket arm and he's not that big of a downgrade over short time. Taking all things into perspective, Dallas is likely to lose their next 2 games even with a healthy Romo. NO & NE.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I somewhat agree with you Ron. Weeden has filled in capably before and is better than most think (and his rep) but playing over half a season and not being 1-2 games worse than Romo is a lot to ask. Tebow on the other hand....ask him if he wants to play fullback.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    It will get real bad for Dallas once the OL realizes they have no shot to contend for the playoffs and they tune down their level of play. This could happen by week 7-10. Never count the Giants out they always seem to pull a rabbit out of their ass when their least expected to.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    I somewhat agree with you Ron. Weeden has filled in capably before and is better than most think (and his rep) but playing over half a season and not being 1-2 games worse than Romo is a lot to ask. Tebow on the other hand....ask him if he wants to play fullback.

Weeden has only started 1 game for Dallas and it was a disaster. 18-33 for 183. And that was with dez and Murray
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Jake, u r a sentimentalist. That's ok but selling Weeden short. Rocket arm and he's not that big of a downgrade over short time. Taking all things into perspective, Dallas is likely to lose their next 2 games even with a healthy Romo. NO & NE.

He's always had a good arm though. That's never been an issue. I worry about his decision making more than anything. With Tebow running for 3 yards a carry to take away some potential mistakes that could be made on throws. Turn into a game managing style. Wouldn't be the worst idea ever IMO with the other pieces in place.
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Tebow sucks. I'm sure there's options that may be better than Weeden, but Tebow definitely isn't one of them.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Nah.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    mjc257 wrote: »
    Tebow sucks. I'm sure there's options that may be better than Weeden, but Tebow definitely isn't one of them.

RG3 is on the rumor wheel.
    edited September 2015
    It'll be interesting to see who they sign. Maybe Kellen Moore will get promoted from the practice squad.
    edited September 2015
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a>; veteran QBS Matt Flynn and Christian Ponder among those scheduled for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cowboys?src=hash">#Cowboys</a>; tryouts</p>— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) <a href=" 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Tortuga wrote: »
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a>; veteran QBS Matt Flynn and Christian Ponder among those scheduled for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cowboys?src=hash">#Cowboys</a>; tryouts</p>— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) <a href=" 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Obviously the Boys don't have any good options, but I'd stick with Weeden over signing Flynn or Ponder
    edited September 2015
    They don't have another QB on their 53-man roster right now. They need someone to come in and be a backup. Apparently Darren McFadden was the backup on Sunday after Romo went down.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Tortuga wrote: »
    They don't have another QB on their 53-man roster right now. They need someone to come in and be a backup. Apparently Darren McFadden was the backup on Sunday after Romo went down.

Okay, now it makes sense, they need to sign a guy as a backup, thanks for the clarification