These are only opinions so chime in. WinPlaceShow

W Fiorina

P Christie

S DH Huckabee
S DH Rubio

Comments

• TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    I agree with your winner. She had some great moments.

I'd say top 3 losers of this debate were:
    Carson
    Trump
    Kasich
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Hillary Clinton
    Bernie Sanders
    Anyone else that might get the Dem nod.

That debate didn't really do anyone any favors IMO.

To provide an actual answer, I surprisingly thought Rand Paul and Ben Carson made the most sense. Carson is kinda wavering on his vaccine stuff which is really weird for a guy with a medical background. Playing to the base I guess. Had a friend that liked Carly Fiorina a bit.

Christie and Huckabee running dead IMO. No shot. Carly as well. Carson as well most likely. Rand as well most likely.

I thought Jeb was okay but I can't see him doing that well with the Republican base on this debate. I'm honestly not sure if his last name helps him or hurts him.

Rubio said words but I didn't get the sense he wanted to commit to anything. I do feel that either Cruz or Rubio get the VP nod just to sway voters of color. Cruz wants to create jobs but ditch the IRS which puts 100,000 people out of work. I thought that was weird since he said both things in one sentence.

I doubt Trump will want to be a VP and I can't see him holding on to the lead here.

Are we going to see a Bush/Cruz ticket? That's my best guess.

Race is wide open.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    These are only opinions so chime in. WinPlaceShow

W Fiorina

P Christie

S DH Huckabee
    S DH Rubio

Huckabee is a complete moron.

Carly completely killed it tonight.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Carly W
    Rubio P
    Christie S
  • sosoangrysosoangry Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Carly was pretty scary -- cold, steely, almost robotic. She's that mom that can make her kids run to their bedrooms with a just a stare. Yikes. I guess that will work on those Iranians!!

The debate was hilarious, should be on Comedy Central. Never mind that you can give up on fact-checking, it's pointless. Just get a big cold one, sit back and drink every time you hear Reagan, God, Planned Parenthood or illegals -- you will be fall-down drunk in no time!
    edited September 2015
    I guess I was wrong about Trump being one of the debate's losers...

C7h2NLJ.png
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, while Trump is interesting and such and may not even do a bad job if he actually gets the nod it will only be a matter of time before he sticks foot in mouth and gets the PC police riled up beyond belief. Guy may win Repub nod but like all the other candidates he basically stands no chance at the overall winner.
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, while Trump is interesting and such and may not even do a bad job if he actually gets the nod it will only be a matter of time before he sticks foot in mouth and gets the PC police riled up beyond belief. Guy may win Repub nod but like all the other candidates he basically stands no chance at the overall winner.

I feel like he has stuck his foot in his mouth several times. Each time I expect him to drop, but instead, he goes up in the polls.
  • sosoangrysosoangry Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Guy may win Repub nod but like all the other candidates he basically stands no chance at the overall winner.

Based on that poll (scientific?), can you imagine a Trump/Fiorina ticket? Two business/ CEOs types -- compare to McCain/Palin. It's fun playing these guessing games, but Fiorina's ego is likely bigger than Trump's (if that's possible) so she would not likely accept being #2, and even if she did , based on her behavior as top dog at HP, it would not go well. Meanwhile who really thinks Trump wants to be president?? Give up his incredible life in private sector to be dogged with 24/7 secret service and (actually) solving problems (requiring real solutions, as opposed to his "magic wand" answers). Fahget about it! No way, he will eventually drop out in some manner (family excuse, health excuse -- something). And then who do they have?? Jeb? Carly?? No, me thinks Romney would then return onto the scene....

But as ugadawgs wrote, what does it matter, none of these clowns stand a chance to win the White House.
  • mgmhatesmemgmhatesme Member
    edited September 2015
    RUBIO
    CHRISTIE
    FIORINA

Trump is very entertaining... I was rooting for more screen time for him, even though i think he is a poor candidate.

Huckabee has a strong social agenda... he is passionate and a good speaker, but I dont think his strengths and direction are what the country needs

Kasich came off manic and unimpressive

Carson and Rand Paul were very cerebral and intelligent, but I dont think passionate enough or showed enough leadership to inspire.

Carly is scary... perhaps Trump was on to something. She just looks mean. But I did like her answers.

Rubio and Christie I think both had very strong moments.

Jeb Bush seems like the most polished politician. Unfortunately for him, I dont think voters want a polished politician at this time.

Impressed with Walker some moments and others not so much.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    If by any chance Trump becomes President the first thing I would advise doing is obtaining a duel citizenship.