Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited December 2019
    there is lots of chatter around the betting world about value in ML parlays by "sharp" players which was not the case before. seems guys are betting more into that 2 or 3 team MLers

- - - Updated - - -

I actually even think OT was talking about it recently, he was saying something about them having value
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2019
    kcburgh wrote: »

I have more respect for the kid Patz than the author DRovell. I'm rooting for the kid, but don't think this will end well.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2019
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Let's hope Harbough doesn't cripple the kid like Shannahan did with RG3.

Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the league, but he needs to walk a fine line, Jackson needs to run to be as effective as he can be, but you also don't want him taking hard hits, If I were a Ravens fan I would have faith that Harbaugh will figure it out going forward
    edited December 2019
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

that is exactly how it is for Harbaugh, great plan until one ACL

- - - Updated - - -

also the NFL will adjust for it and give D coordinators one off season and they might not be able to stop the train but they will surely slow it down
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    'Bachelor' Alum Jade Roper Removed as $1M DraftKings Champ After Investigation

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2873113-bachelor-alum-jade-roper-removed-as-draftkings-winner-after-cheating-scandal
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    danshan wrote: »
    there is lots of chatter around the betting world about value in ML parlays by "sharp" players which was not the case before. seems guys are betting more into that 2 or 3 team MLers

- - - Updated - - -

I actually even think OT was talking about it recently, he was saying something about them having value

You'll have to find that post for me I don't remember it.

I may have said there are certain opportunities they have value. Maybe something like correlated but I would have to see that post.
    edited January 2020
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    You'll have to find that post for me I don't remember it.

I may have said there are certain opportunities they have value. Maybe something like correlated but I would have to see that post.

hey OT long time no hear

you said something along the lines of the big money faves are hard to lay and you said "experts, pros" whatever were parlaying the two big faves to still be able to see some edge on them. I am not gonna look for the post but it was something along those lines

anyway good to hear from you and good luck!
    edited January 2020
    danshan wrote: »
    hey OT long time no hear

you said something along the lines of the big money faves are hard to lay and you said "experts, pros" whatever were parlaying the two big faves to still be able to see some edge on them. I am not gonna look for the post but it was something along those lines

anyway good to hear from you and good luck!

Yea think I remember saying from what I was reading the so called sharps are now parlaying two big favorites more than They've ever done before. Yes it was something along them lines. Can't remember exactly what I said but then again I can't remember what I had for breakfast today or did I have breakfast, Can't remember. Good to see you Dan hope all is well.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited January 2020
    lmfao
    edited February 2020
    MLB's High-tech Cheating Scandal.

In legal terms, these were felonies compared to Pete Rose's misdemeanors. A recent quote by an active MLB pitcher, "I'd rather face a guy juiced on 'roids than a batter knowing every one of my pitches." The Commish dealt out the maximum penalties allowed w/out confrontation with the player's union. Team's most seriously victimized need to send a message to the Astros. Drill Springer, Altuve, and Bregman. This invokes the old adage that baseball polices itself.
    edited February 2020
    and on that note, am sure a letter went out to every team ,that if they conclude someone was hit with intent , there will be server penalties.
    My son pitches in college and said, first game, first batter, would get it.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    It's amazing how none of the Astros players who did the cheating got any sort of punishment, no fines, no suspensions, nothing. If I were an opposing pitcher facing them, I would hit every one of those motherfuckers until the ump threw me out
    edited February 2020
    they got immunity for cooperation and I cant believe none of them have the balls to say I fucked up, I cheated and I dont expect forgiveness and I will prove to you that I am the player you thought I was before this BS, what a bunch of pussies. I was a super altuve fan until this
    edited February 2020
    Listen, rose isnt in the hall ,am sure someday he will be , but he will be dead , but cheating is cheating , here is my remedy on cheating , you get caught , everyone on the roster, won't be eligible for the hall of fame, no matter how many years who have in the league....end of cheating. imo
    edited February 2020
    they just need a season or two and all will be forgotten. this sucks

- - - Updated - - -

they just need a season or two and all will be forgotten. this sucks
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    For cheating to win a WS, the Astros were fined 5M, they lost two first round draft picks and two second rounders, and their manager and GM were suspended for one season, that's not even a slap on the wrist, ask any owner of a team if he would agree to those punishments if it meant winning a WS and they would all say yes. I saw last night where some soccer team got caught cheating (don't know any details), they got fined over 30M and got a two year ban from the league. If I were MLB I would have fined them an amount closer to what the soccer team got, I would have taken away much more than just two first round picks, and would have banned them from postseason play for 2-3 years, to me that would be a big enough deterrent to prevent other teams from doing what Houston did. College football teams and basketball teams that get caught cheating receive bowl bans and postseason bans, why not in baseball as well.
    edited February 2020
    I completely agree Kane. Problem is Manfred is dealing with a powerful player's union. He handed out the maximum penalties allowed per guidelines.

*Check out the interview with Correa defending Altuve. He'd be odds-on to fail a polygraph.
    edited March 2020
    Nevada racebooks are a unique outlet for compulsive sports gamblers. Immediately after the mass postponements, anyone notice the spike in horseplayers? The newbies are joining the senior citizen's game.
    edited March 2020
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Nevada racebooks are a unique outlet for compulsive sports gamblers. Immediately after the mass postponements, anyone notice the spike in horseplayers? The newbies are joining the senior citizen's game.

think about the poor locals...horses being turned on every PPH as we speak..
    edited March 2020
    MGM Resorts closing until further notice:

" The Las Vegas-based company operates the Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Luxor, New York-New York, Excalibur, and Park MGM. It also owns 50 percent of CityCenter, which includes Aria and Vdara."

You can add The Wynn and Encore that followed suit.
    edited March 2020
    MGM Employees Two Weeks Salary and Bennies up until June 30th. The Wife's there now locking things up.
    edited March 2020
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    MGM Employees Two Weeks Salary and Bennies up until June 30th. The Wife's there now locking things up.

Correction it's tomorrow at midnight which would be Tuesday. Scary times it feels surreal like we're watching a movie.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited March 2020
    Very weird times. OT and the rest of BT + their friends and family ... stay safe and try your best to avoid people. Listen to doctors, not politicians.
    edited March 2020
    Beyond real, getting bad in new york , as they say when you own a gun, treat it as its loaded at all times, this virus should be treated the same way, treat everyone as they have it .
    Hope all is well .
    edited March 2020
    dimes getting creative..

How long will Trump’s #Coronavirus Task Force initial briefing last for tomorrow?

Over 06:40 min: -130
    Under 06:40 min: -110

Pence?

Over 05:50 min: +185
    Under 05:50 min: -265
    edited March 2020
    dimes getting creative..

How long will Trump’s #Coronavirus Task Force initial briefing last for tomorrow?

Over 06:40 min: -130
    Under 06:40 min: -110

Pence?

Over 05:50 min: +185
    Under 05:50 min: -265

Over on Trump was hammered to -530
    edited March 2020
    Over on Trump was hammered to -530

over 11 mins and still going...already graded a winner.
    edited March 2020
    During a national crisis or threat, the POTUS and the VP are never in the same vicinity. That's for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, nobody told them. You never know, we could be calling Nancy Pelosi madame President.
    edited March 2020
    man I could destroy mybookie on these NBA 2k20 sims but Ron scared me from depositing there

Anyway I can still get down without mybookie direct?
    edited March 2020
    Dan you get my last email on nfl HF advantage thoughts ....am still messing around with it