Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2019
    I rarely bet the National Fraternal League and often wonder how n e 1 can beat it's market. My eye test led me to the conclusion that Ram Qb Jared Goff would be a backup on most other teams. He can thank Coach McVay's system.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited November 2019
    I never felt warm and fuzzy about them even last year, I am not a believer in Goff, his throws look I dont know maybe weak is the right word
    edited November 2019
    danshan wrote: »
    I am not a believer in Goff, his throws look I dont know maybe weak is the right word

Yeah, that fits him. I wonder what the 'tv green yard line' would be for his attempt atta hail Mary pass?
    edited November 2019
    probably about the same as the field goal line, maybe a hair shorter
    edited November 2019
    its the Trubisky thing, these new guys come in and they create a new system for them and the DC's are not ready for that, so it takes time and you see the difference in these guys against DC's that know what they are getting and have enough film. Very few can do what they do and adjust on the fly, the Brady, Mannings, and Brees QBs.

Like for me Watson is a long term solution but I think Jackson may not be because DC's will adjust and give him fits.

Look at Keenum he looked ready for a gold jacket in his 1 year as a starter but once the DC's knew what they got with Keenum his reign of terror was over
    edited November 2019
    You summed it up. Guys like LeBeau(ret), Marinelli and Belicheck are like mlb batters. 2nd and 3rd time they face you most of the surprises are gone.
    I'm afraid Harbough is gonna kill this super athlete Lamar Jax the same way Shannahan Sr. crippled RG3.
    edited November 2019
    Jackson is awesome amazing greatest thing ever until the 1st ACL which can be any moment and with all that dancing running and diving the probability of it happening rises very quickly. I dont believe you can build a team around that with the super high chance of a season ending injury.
    edited November 2019
    Replay/Review is flawed in both college and pro football. They both need an overhaul and a simpler version. Games are dragging with many frivolous reviews and in certain cases slows a team's momentum. The "getting it right' mantra doesn't cut it. Human error with or w/out replay is part of life.
    edited November 2019
    all reviews in the booth and they review every play FAST before the ball is snapped, if they cant review it before they snap it and they feel they need to review button down to ref to hold up 10 seconds.

no more coaches ask and have a 20 minute convo with the ref before he actually throws the red flag.
    no more ruling on the field is stronger so we need overwhelming evidence to overturn, if its wrong change the call.

and definitely no more the officials on the field need to find a guy who has a portable headset and monitor and they need to stare at it for 15 minutes before they make a call.

or even better alternative is
    coaches challenge only
    unlimited challenges
    the challenge if wrong costs a timeout and 20 yards
    the booth official reviews it alone and what they ruled on field is irrelevant
    edited November 2019
    danshan wrote: »

or even better alternative is
    coaches challenge only
    unlimited challenges
    the challenge if wrong costs a timeout and 20 yards
    the booth official reviews it alone and what they ruled on field is irrelevant

I like the alternative with some tweaking. For example, the denied challenge would only be a 15yard delay of game penalty and a timeout. I'd also put a cap on the # of challenges.....3 or 4 each half and can't be combined/carried over to the second half. Only 1 in each OT.
    ATP/WTA got it right. Baseball ain't bad, but future additions will prolly fk it up. Rules? they need the pitch timer when none on.
    edited November 2019
    yes but man they need some serious challenge training even with the current standards, that 20 minute delay is stupid
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited November 2019
    edited November 2019
    Fewer outs and dwindling options for the player. Don't worry BillHill, Gaming Regulators will approve the acquisition.

Here's another recent strongarm move by a local mega-corporation on their sports app.

Recently a recreational player with little knowledge of in-play rules and protocol found an obvious upside down line on a college game. Needless to say, like the majority of novice players he hit the game for a normal bet and repeated when not corrected shortly thereafter. Lo and behold, the weak side rallied and he lost both of his bets. Surprisingly, grading was delayed for almost 2 hours. The house rules called for cancellation. But no, they freerolled him and locked up both of his bets(3C-notes). His innocence just assumed it was 2 losing bets. Days later when told of the bad-line rule he confronted a supervisor. He was advised, "not to complain or they'd close his account." Result? The player accepted the loss.

With the explosion of legalized sports gambling, the people need a few "Ralph Naders" for consumer protection.
    edited November 2019
    Don't worry about that Ron there is always plenty of watchdogs to call foul. The problem is pricing is hard to regulate. Guys keep screaming "books keep banning winning players or making limits nothing, there should be a law", well yeah and if they pass that law they will just increase monopoly and increase juice to the point where it is only a rec activity because of the high margins.

step 1 monopoly
    step 2 control price
    if sharps see -120 -120 they know they cant beat that and the rec players dont even know what that means. I asked a naive friend about paying -118 on a side live and he was like "oh -118 is great that means they are more likely to win"

- - - Updated - - -

and if pros go offshore and the offshore does not have the rec players to cover the sharp losses and stay profitable it could be devastating
    edited November 2019
    “I'd like to apologize to the American people,” said Bernard B. Kerik, the former New York police commissioner, after his sentencing."

Just wondering how Fox News can use Bernie Kerik as an on-air spokesman? This rogue cop and tax scammer also worked as RudyG's bodyguard. He served a few years in jail convicted of 8 felonies and tax evasion.
    Who knows, I might be chosen as jury foreman in an illegal gambling case.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited November 2019
    listening to kerik on fox is like listening to rj bell on the michael kay show here new york
    edited November 2019
    Does anyone, including the NCAA really know the overtime scoring rules in football? Re: Syracuse 39-Wake 30
    edited December 2019
    edited December 2019
    I guess it is odd but seems once possession was determined the game should have ended but him running all the way back allowed a 9 point victory before the play technically ended, weird one for sure and a hella bad beat
    edited December 2019
    "Each team retains the ball until it scores or fails to make a first down." NCAA possession rule.

The NCAA overtime rules do not address what happened in the Syr/WF game. The fumble return had no bearing on the eventual outcome. The play should've been ruled dead after the strip. Once possession is lost the game is over. What would've happened if the fumble recipient fumbled it back to the offense and they scored? Final score should read Syr 33-30.

Here's the last time this stuff happened during the first year of OT and the 7.5 favorite covered. Watch this clip and note the ASU player giving the Trojan bench the finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r--gzZ-7l3k
    edited December 2019
    Subject: Lamar Jax

Former NFL player Tim Ryan, now 49er color man. obviously can't shake the black Qb stigma. Hey, I'm no civil rights activist, but can see through this.
    "Speaking on KNBR’s “Murph and Mac” morning show Monday, Ryan said, “He’s really good at that fake, Lamar Jackson, but when you consider his dark skin color with a dark football with a dark uniform, you could not see that thing. I mean, you literally could not see when he was in and out of the mesh point.”

SFO suspended Ryan for a week. He doesn't have the juice Howard Cossell had.
    edited December 2019
    Sherman agreed and he is about the last person to buy into some racist shit as not
    edited December 2019
    This is basically a factual article. It was/is not as lucrative as it's portrayed. Somehow the "supreme being" would knock off one or two of the offlines frequently. Now, talk about Delaware 10 years ago? LOL. Jokes abound about where they got their lines.
    edited December 2019
    Ronbets wrote: »
    This is basically a factual article. It was/is not as lucrative as it's portrayed. Somehow the "supreme being" would knock off one or two of the offlines frequently. Now, talk about Delaware 10 years ago? LOL. Jokes abound about where they got their lines.

agree I almost think before the cards go away fully they delay putting them out until Thursday or even Friday..
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2019
    Lamar Jackson has more TD passes this year than the Ravens have punts, wow!
    edited December 2019
    kane wrote: »
    Lamar Jackson has more TD passes this year than the Ravens have punts, wow!

Let's hope Harbough doesn't cripple the kid like Shannahan did with RG3.
    edited December 2019
    Rare hockey occurrence last night with AZ/SJS.
    A 5 on 3 powerplay + a pulled goalie. Granted, it was the last minute of regulation with SJS trailing 3-2. They pulled Dell and skated 6 on 3. The inept Sharks failed to tie the game.
    Some innovative European coaches have successfully used this tactic in mid-game. Watch for the NHL to try this when trailing early or mid 3rd period.
  • nicalanownicalanow Junior Member
    edited December 2019
    kcburgh wrote: »

According to the Action app, he is down like 100k in the last week.