Betting Talk

Random thoughts and stuff

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    CANJUN , where you from , i was a new york state correction officer for many, many years, then worked nypd ,new york is the prototype for all prison systems.

Suicide watch in new york means you have a correction officer seating in front of the cell 24/7 , i dont think anyone has committed suicide while on suicide watch ever.
    Convicts dont run new york state prisons, the C.O's do , you may think they do ,or watched too many prison movies but trust me on this, i've been to foley square in new york many times, trust me convicts don't run the asylum . Just to give you a heads up.
  • CajunHustle1979CajunHustle1979 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    Im from Louisiana - obviously. I didnt mean to disrespect your profession Jets, dont take it personally.

This has nothing to do with Movies, just a comment more in context with the narritive of a government conspiracy floating around. I was never a CO so i will defer to you - I have worked for Gov for 16 years mostly in a para-mil capacity and i can tell you the conspiracy types give the government way too much credit.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    jets96 wrote: »
    CANJUN , where you from , i was a new york state correction officer for many, many years, then worked nypd ,new york is the prototype for all prison systems.

Suicide watch in new york means you have a correction officer seating in front of the cell 24/7 , i dont think anyone has committed suicide while on suicide watch ever.
    Convicts dont run new york state prisons, the C.O's do , you may think they do ,or watched too many prison movies but trust me on this, i've been to foley square in new york many times, trust me convicts don't run the asylum . Just to give you a heads up.

when I was working on my Masters I worked as a CO in CO( free college at a state univ if state employee was broke) . I worked level 5 and suicide watch meant 15 minute checks and of course moved from gen to infirmary where technically the nurses station/ post has cameras in all infirmary cells 24-7. I never have even heard of someone on suicide watch successfully committing suicide before. I am sure it happens I mean shit happens but seems odd at best, suicide watch successful suicide is rare at best

- - - Updated - - -
    Im from Louisiana - obviously. I didnt mean to disrespect your profession Jets, dont take it personally.

This has nothing to do with Movies, just a comment more in context with the narritive of a government conspiracy floating around. I was never a CO so i will defer to you - I have worked for Gov for 16 years mostly in a para-mil capacity and i can tell you the conspiracy types give the government way too much credit.

at least in Colorado if you call a CO a prison guard, that is about the most offensive thing you can do, dont sweat it Cajun, Jets is just mad cause he chose the wrong CFL team today

- - - Updated - - -

and yes Jets I took the Spanks -1.5 with Green on the mound. my grandma could have pitched a 9-3 record for the Yankees with the run production this year!
    edited August 2019
    No sweat - just wanted to add context.
    edited August 2019
    what you mean i took wrong team ? did you take other side ?
    edited August 2019
    3 days ago at +12.5 and then today you take the enemy!
    edited August 2019
    you know how many rich fricken weirdos are right now dialing their defense attorneys saying I wont need that retainer after all, I think its all going to be ok now since I watched the news
    edited August 2019
    canjun , lol i get it now, where you from , little slow dude, no worries
    edited August 2019
    canjun , lol i get it now, where you from , little slow dude, no worries

👍 if you ever worked NYPD JCTF we probally crossed paths with some of the same folks in life - most my state side work was Virgina area.
    edited August 2019
    you never know ,worked mainly the bronx

- - - Updated - - -

worked green haven , shit hole sing sing, and fishkill in my co days

you watch escape from dannemora ? great series , if you didnt ,do so , they did a really good job
    edited August 2019
    Ahhh yea man you out there doing real cop shit...my hats off, tough job.

I just sit around in case shit happen for the most part - thats how i learned to cap paper and pin - mission status no personal electronics smh

Ill check it out, always need something to binge watch.
    edited August 2019
    not anymore, retired many moons ago , young mans job, if someone had poured water on me like those poor cops someone would have had the stun gun up their asses , didnt have them when i worked
    edited August 2019
    It sure is a young mans game. I do contract now for gov clients man and this physical requirements are breaking me off more and more each year and im early 40s. When i left Foreign Service alot of my guys went Marshall TF, HRT ect...im like man i aint built for the real work of dealing with these shit heads in states.

And as far as prisons i cant imagine the shit you see on a daily basis. my only experience is overseas shitholes being detained and US principal officer having to send working dogs to test your food before you eat it - like that helps - German Shepherds have iron stomachs.

- - - Updated - - -

Enough reliving the past. I got to get ready for these UFC fights. Gl everyone
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2019

interesting if this is accurate..
    Reuters is reporting that the two guards assigned to check on prisoners every 30 minutes overnight at the Manhattan Correctional Center did not do so. Financier Jeffrey Epstein was found unresponsive in his cell about 6:30 Saturday morning. He later died as a result of an apparent suicide. The news agency cites an unnamed source in reporting that guards are also supposed to check every 15 minutes on anyone on suicide watch. There are reports Epstein tried to kill himself a couple of weeks ago. There are multiple investigations underway.
    edited August 2019
    Graveyard is usually more of a training shift and shitty command staff who got relegated to graveyards or are lifers of gravys. I would not think much of it except for the fact that this dude had the gravy on tons of very powerful people, with that said I think its more the rich people stay as lucky as hell and he probably did just cash his own ticket, who wouldn't with the crap coming out on him. Life in prison for a chomo is a rough world but he had enough coin to get protection if any service would have had the cajones to save him for loot with the issues he had. Guy is garbage and hell is a worse place today! I doubt it was a hit more of graveyard incompetence
    edited August 2019
    That is interesting. More interesting if it was just neglect of Duty - which I think is higher probability - or outright conspiracy.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    That is interesting. More interesting if it was just neglect of Duty - which I think is higher probability - or outright conspiracy.

I heard Rod Wheeler(fmr DC homicide Det) say on suicide watch prisoners get different sheets that will not hold a persons weight..if they get sheets at all..
    edited August 2019
    depending on psych orders but most get sheets, I never heard of sheets that wont hold weight.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    Kevin Cash is the current innovative manager of the TB Rays. However, his micro-managing might come back to bite him in controlling the clubhouse later down the road. HTF can any manager pull a promising young pitcher like Yarborough with 2 outs in the 9th and just retired 14 straight Mariners? Pitch count? Nope, sub 100. I guess Cash wanted to show MLB he was the boss.
    edited August 2019
    they do have thinner sheets these days , this was a fed joint he killed himself in , not sure what their rules are.
    In new york state on every cell block they have a 1/2 hour count sheet , that is for normal population.
    I worked the box for most of my years , that is another way of saying special housing ,or a jail within the jail.For the worst inmates.
    convicts are held there and are allowed 1 hour a day out of their cells for recreation , that can be taken away if they act up in segregation, as is any privilege.
    Suicide watch , their is a correction officer seating in front of cell 24/7 ,never are eyes taken off that inmate.
    Drug watch same thing, the convict has to shit into a pan and if he did sallow a balloon with drugs they are made to go through it and we confiscate it .
    edited August 2019
    really thinner sheets, wow. I worked dry cell back on swingshift, was a great time, GAF. our suicide watch was 15 min checks with the convict in the infirmary which are single cells and have cameras at the post and nurses station which are suppose to be stared at 24 7, didnt DOC here of blue screen eye damage, LOL.
    edited August 2019
    Puerto Rico takes their Pan Am Games serious especially bowling!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/puerto-rico-bowling-team-stripped-124922741.html

I did not know bowling was this serious!
    edited September 2019
    The NFL regular season is morphing into soccer type 'international friendly games.' I just saw something that would cause many old school owners/coaches to issue a fine. Saint all-purpose back Taysom Hill congratulates and puts his arm around opponent Ram kicker Zuerlein for successfully kicking a field goal. WTF?
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited September 2019
    Ronbets wrote: »
    The NFL regular season is morphing into soccer type 'international friendly games.' I just saw something that would cause many old school owners/coaches to issue a fine. Saint all-purpose back Taysom Hill congratulates and puts his arm around opponent Ram kicker Zuerlein for successfully kicking a field goal. WTF?

I agree. Old school would not tolerate such nice behavior and fraternization. And, GET OFF OF MY FUCKING YARD!!!
    edited September 2019
    Anyone care to put up a # on how long the POS Antonio Brown lasts with the Patriots? Nice vetting by Kraft and company. Brady even offered him room and board until he found a house.:bye:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/an...onduct-assault
    edited September 2019
    BOSTON (CBS) — Antonio Brown’s Patriots career is over after one game.

Never had a chance to get down.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/09/20/patriots-release-antonio-brown/
    edited October 2019
    Cards' Helsley, a member of Cherokee Nation, calls 'chop' chant 'disappointing, disrespectful'

So for game #5 the Braves organization caved and stop distributing foam tomahawks.

I guess the recent spike in shark attacks would be reason to petition the NHL's San Jose Sharks franchise to change their name.
    edited October 2019
    your one funny dude
    edited October 2019
    Congrats to the champion Nats. Especially to the gutty underpaid millionaire Max Scherzer. He's one of the toughest competitors in the game today. I can't wait for the White House invite:laugh:

Not chirping............had the loser in a future. Did Hinch and Martinez both manage a poor game?