Betting Talk

Goats

Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
Have you been getting the $40/$50 Coupons from your go to place to eat. Two days ago I got another $50 the check has to be min $150 (Not Bad at all) nice App and a nice bottle of vino and of course Iron Crusted Rib Eye or whatever and Flemings Potatoes or the Mac and Cheese and of course a desert to split so stuffed. It's like getting a App to spit and a good bottle of Wine for free or steak. The coupon includes alcohol and has to be used by Sept 27th. It's a good deal Who knows may run into into.

EDIT: If you haven't used one before make Res online and when you go double check they put it into the book special. But I'm sure you have.

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Have you been getting the $40/$50 Coupons from your go to place to eat. Two days ago I got another $50 the check has to be min $150 (Not Bad at all) nice App and a nice bottle of vino and of course Iron Crusted Rib Eye or whatever and Flemings Potatoes or the Mac and Cheese and of course a desert to split so stuffed. It's like getting a App to spit and a good bottle of Wine for free or steak. The coupon includes alcohol and has to be used by Sept 27th. It's a good deal Who knows may run into into.

EDIT: If you haven't used one before make Res online and when you go double check they put it into the book special. But I'm sure you have.

No. It might be a regional thing (i.e. if your chosen location is LV, you get different deals than I do). I do always book online and after taking a survey after each meal they send me a $25 credit (minimum purchase is $50, which is silly unless you're eating alone, but whatever). I then have 6 months to click through that credit email to make a reservation. I used to call and confirm the dining credit but never once did we have an issue so I just trust them now. Also, if you mention in your online reservation that you're celebrating a birthday, you get a small box of 4 truffles to take home. I'm not suggesting to lie, just an FYI if you're ever there for such an occasion. The truffles are really good. Recently it has been two chocolate and two lemon/white chocolate.

I'd gladly take the $50 off $150, but this works well for us. My wife and I are pretty frugal and really only save fine dining for special occasions (plus she doesn't drink and I don't tend to drink with dinner either). We're burger and pizza people. :) We generally just order two steaks and two sides so the bill is a bit short of $150 (but I could always add something to get there if I got your deal). I know the sides are meant to be split but we have very different tastes and like the sides so much that we're happy eating the whole thing and skipping an app.

I've got another +EV angle I'm not sure I mentioned to you before. If you belong to Costco (or know someone who does), they sell $100 Fleming's gift cards for $79.99. Add that to the coupons and you've really got a deal. My wife's parents get us one as part of our xmas presents every year, knowing we go every February for my wife's b-day. Any other time we're planning to go I just ask them to grab me one (they go to Costco all the time) and pay them back for it.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Have been a Costco customer for years I'll defiantly have to take advantage of that. I don't eat much Red meat I'm a Chicken/Fish with salad every night and my wife works at 8pm -4 am so we don't eat much together. I cook once a week and twice a month we go out mostly to neighbor chains like Carrabba's they always have some great specials and to tell the truth for a chain IMO they're very good. On special occasions we go to Mastrioni's. But with these deals from Flemings they're hard to pass up and they give you time to use it it's not a rush rush thing.
    Thanks for the information on Costco. Can't beat Costco for their dry goods price's and the K-Cups when on sale. It's worth the $50 a year just for the coffee. Thanks again. Good Luck this college season.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Carrabas is great!
    edited September 2015
    O-T, apparently I did get that $50 off $150 email because I just got a reminder telling me there are 10 days left to use it. I must have skipped over the original. Don't think I'll be taking advantage this time around but good to know the offers are national at least.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I was there last night and it was it's usual great food, great service. I always use to get the flemings potatoes but you got me hooked on the chipotle mac and cheese. After the meat which was the 16oz Rib eye, Mac & Cheese Salad starter and a 9oz pour of a very nice wine (trying to make you hungry) The waitress told me about the survey you mentioned and get $25 off if you take it and only need a $50 bill to get half off.
    They also had a special it was either yesterday or the day before a hamburger and a glass of wine for $25 (they must open for lunch when running that special )so I ask the waitress if we come back and have two of those the next time you run that special does that $25 apply she said no it's for the main dining room only but still a great deal.

The funny part of the story is I tell my wife I'm going to costco for the $100 gift card to flemings for $80 that you mentioned to me and will add that and so I get there I come home with water and some paper goods but forget the card. So now we're in car and she said did you bring the gift card I said no I forgot. Getting old Goats need to write everything down. Have a good day and good luck this weekend.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Goats wrote: »
    O-T, apparently I did get that $50 off $150 email because I just got a reminder telling me there are 10 days left to use it. I must have skipped over the original. Don't think I'll be taking advantage this time around but good to know the offers are national at least.

Send it to me, Ill use it.
    edited September 2015
    Send it to me, Ill use it.

I deleted my e-mail, but after a quick google, here ya go...

http://slickdeals.net/f/8094774-fleming-s-50-off-150-dine-by-9-27-15