Betting Talk

Steeler Props

Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
Did well with these last year. Of course that was last year.
Let's go with Ben over 2.5 yards rushing -120 GL on your plays

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    He'll drag 3 guys for 2.5 yards Like it..
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    He'll drag 3 guys for 2.5 yards Like it..

He rushed for 0.8 ypg last year. This is not a gimme.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Oh, agreed. Counting a bit on the weather & wanting to beat the PATS & 2nd string RB
    edited September 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    He rushed for 0.8 ypg last year. This is not a gimme.

There are no gimme's he holds the ball long and could take a sack and that could kill it also. Just trying to look at the positive side.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Isn't it college where sacks count against rushing yards?
    edited September 2015
    dtrain11 wrote: »
    Isn't it college where sacks count against rushing yards?

I looked it up and it doesn't but does it still count against RB's I thought it counted against anyboby that rushed the ball. I'll check on RB's because I remember can't remember who is was but a running back broke a record and was put back into the game and was thrown for a loss and then had to rush again to break the record again. Sacks count against passing yardage for a QB or has that changed. I don't follow the NFL that closely a fantasy player would know all of that.
    edited September 2015
    Kneel Downs

I know, you thought you were done with quarterbacks, but since we’re on rushing yards, this is a problem I’ve had that has a simple solution and we can deal with it quickly. You’ll often see a quarterback kneel down to run out the final seconds of a game. On the stat sheet, it gets logged as a rushing attempt with anywhere from zero to 3-yards lost. If there is enough time left, a quarterback might do this two or three times in succession.

It's confusing because if he's trying to run and gets caught behind the line it's consider a sack.
    Like I said I don't follow the NFL that closely
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    unfortunately it won't matter. Ben had a chance to maybe score on the shuttle pass if he tucked it & ran.
    Sorry guys if you went with me. Will try again next week
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Sacks count against passing yardage for a QB or has that changed. I don't follow the NFL that closely a fantasy player would know all of that.

Or, more importantly, someone who has been betting yardage props for 15 years. :)

Sacks do not count against QB passing yards (and never have as far as props are concerned since at least 2000).
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Goats wrote: »
    Or, more importantly, someone who has been betting yardage props for 15 years. :)

Sacks do not count against QB passing yards (and never have as far as props are concerned since at least 2000).

They don't count against passing or rushing in the NFL. NCAAF counts sacks as negative rushing yards.
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for information not much of a prop guy in football more in Baseball/Basketball and that's mostly TT's but the information is good to know.
    Good Luck
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2015
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    They don't count against passing or rushing in the NFL. NCAAF counts sacks as negative rushing yards.

Thanks for clarifying for me. I should have mentioned that was NFL-only. I don't know shit about CFB.