Betting Talk

Temperpedic mattress

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
Anyone here use or have used a temperpedic mattress? How was/is your experience?

We ordered one on Monday and it is being delivered tomorrow. I have some low back pain from time to time and it's very annoying! It prevents me from being able to workout and not golf too often. I prolly have the pain from playing too much golf but I am wanting to protect my back as much as I can. We had a really soft matress before and the new one is the most firm tempepedic that they have. But it's nothing crazy firm. Just wanted to get any feedback from you guys on if you liked it or not. And if you got one to help with some low back pain did it help it at all? Did you get the one that can adjust the head and feet or massage? Thanks!

Comments

• 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Anyone here use or have used a temperpedic mattress? How was/is your experience?

We ordered one on Monday and it is being delivered tomorrow. I have some low back pain from time to time and it's very annoying! It prevents me from being able to workout and not golf too often. I prolly have the pain from playing too much golf but I am wanting to protect my back as much as I can. We had a really soft matress before and the new one is the most firm tempepedic that they have. But it's nothing crazy firm. Just wanted to get any feedback from you guys on if you liked it or not. And if you got one to help with some low back pain did it help it at all? Did you get the one that can adjust the head and feet or massage? Thanks!

Doubtful that your mattress can cause or cure back pain.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I have slept on a temperpedic mattress for 12 years. I currently have the cloud version and my wife and I absolutely love it . I just came back from vacation for a week and my lower back was killing me because of the shitty mattress I had to sleep on. I always recommend it.

On a side note regarding your back. I go see a chiropractor from time to time and the best thing he always recommends for my lower back is to stretch it on a regular basis. There are a few good stretches to use, and it has helped me a lot.

Good luck
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks hook. Yes I do some stretching but I need to be more consistent with it (daily) . Thanks for the feedback!
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Thanks hook. Yes I do some stretching but I need to be more consistent with it (daily) . Thanks for the feedback!

Stretch your hamstrings. One of the most underrated stretches for your lower back.. Tight hammy, tight lower back.
    edited September 2015
    StevieY wrote: »
    Stretch your hamstrings. One of the most underrated stretches for your lower back.. Tight hammy, tight lower back.

Agreed! Got to do that more often.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I have slept on Temperpedic for 10+ years, will never sleep on anything else.
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Foam rollers are also great.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Been sleeping on one for 10 years. Much better than a traditional mattress.
    Only complaint is that mine keeps in the heat. I believe the newer ones have more air flow.
    Good advice from other folks on stretching & hamstrings. I see a Chiro once a month who does pressure points.
    It really helps.
    I also see this Asian girl who........never mind but my back does feel better.
    edited September 2015
    Dave Mason wrote: »
    Been sleeping on one for 10 years. Much better than a traditional mattress.
    Only complaint is that mine keeps in the heat. I believe the newer ones have more air flow.
    Good advice from other folks on stretching & hamstrings. I see a Chiro once a month who does pressure points.
    It really helps.
    I also see this Asian girl who........never mind but my back does feel better.

Lol. Yea ours has the cooling thing in it. Funny post mason. Lol