edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
Serena -877
Venus +720

Serena -4.5 -120
Venus +4.5 +109

o20 -114
u20 +103
(All current Pinnacle lines)

Venus has been playing some of her best tennis in years in recent matches, but will she get out of the way nicely for her sister on Serena's path to a calendar slam?

Anyone betting it?

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Too much room for collusion. Whatever the family wants. Serena is the best ever but she would lay down for big sister.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Too much room for collusion. Whatever the family wants. Serena is the best ever but she would lay down for big sister.

So, let me get this straight - Serena is going to lay down in a match vs Venus when the calendar grand slam is up for grabs?

Give me a break...
    edited September 2015
    So, let me get this straight - Serena is going to lay down in a match vs Venus when the calendar grand slam is up for grabs?

Give me a break...

"Professional gamblers" like yourself should be all over that -877. You don't need any breaks from me.

Check the past performance charts when these 2 were in the same event. Not only head to head either.
    edited September 2015
    "Professional gamblers" like yourself should be all over that -877. You don't need any breaks from me.

Check the past performance charts when these 2 were in the same event. Not only head to head either.

I'll tell you what, lets bet 10k on it. If you will escrow 10 dimes with Edward, I will do the same. I will provide my tax returns from last year proving I am indeed a "professional gambler".

So, put up or shut up you blowhard troll...
    edited September 2015
    I'll tell you what, lets bet 10k on it. If you will escrow 10 dimes with Edward, I will do the same. I will provide my tax returns from last year proving I am indeed a "professional gambler".

So, put up or shut up you blowhard troll...

I don't gamble with frauds. They have a penchant to be dishonest. In case you missed it, Fugazzy tax returns are a dime a dozen. I suggest you try remembering the professional gambler code I asked you about that somehow went over your head.
    edited September 2015
    I don't gamble with frauds. They have a penchant to be dishonest. In case you missed it, Fugazzy tax returns are a dime a dozen. I suggest you try remembering the professional gambler code I asked you about that somehow went over your head.

That's what I thought...
    edited September 2015

Give me a break...

Also, your reading comprehension is a little blurry. I said would lay down, not going to. Polish that GED up on the mantle.
  • h82loseh82lose Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm not touching it. If anything I would do over. But I don't think Serena would lay down. This is going to be her grand exit from tennis if she gets this done. Although I do think she will come back to win one more to beat graffs record. If Venus some how makes it a close match I would not be surprised if she gives it up for little sister in relation to the magnitude of history Serena is going for
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Venus was impressive. I didn't expect that match to go to a third set.
    edited September 2015
    They have gone 3 sets more often than not the last few times they have played recently. Don't have the exact record in front of me. But I can pull it up from on court when I get home. It's pretty lopsided actually if I remember correctly.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2015
    h82lose wrote: »
    They have gone 3 sets more often than not the last few times they have played recently. Don't have the exact record in front of me. But I can pull it up from on court when I get home. It's pretty lopsided actually if I remember correctly.

http://www.wtatennis.com/head2head/player1/9044/player2/9027/title/serena-williams/title/venus-williams

I tried cutting and pasting the results, but the formatting sucks.
    edited September 2015
    Thnx Tommy, sounds about right, so including tonight on the last 10, 6-4 on 3 setters and 8-2 on the Over.

last 2 years that split not including tonight. So its not as lopsided as I thought.
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for the info.

Looks like at least one spectator was happy the match was extended:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y27ywcx0HNM"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>