Betting Talk

Superfly charged with murder

Walt's WharfWalt's Wharf Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/01/wrestling-legend-jimmy-snuka-to-be-charged-with-murder-in-death-of-gf/

Former WWF superstar "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka -- a member of the WWE Hall of Fame -- will be charged with murdering his girlfriend in an incident that happened 32 YEARS AGO.
Officials in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania say the 72-year-old will be charged with 3rd degree urder and involuntary manslaughter.
Investigators believe Snuka killed Nancy Argentino following an attack in a motel in Allentown back in 1983.
Snuka has already been arrested -- he was taken into custody at his home in NJ earlier today. He's been booked. Bail has been set at $100,000.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/01/wrestling-legend-jimmy-snuka-to-be-charged-with-murder-in-death-of-gf/#ixzz3kVzVykgR

Comments

• Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Just saw that. Girlfriend's family kept the pressure on. I have to wonder what new evidence they've found that they are charging him now and not any time since 1983...
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Gotta be DNA match now. The technology wasn't available then.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    From TMZ (which isn't a reliable source usually but still):

Cops say Jimmy Snuka has been lying about what REALLY happened the day his GF died for DECADES ... and his own autobiography helped convince cops he's the murderer.
    TMZ Sports has obtained documents from the grand jury that indicted the former WWF superstar ... which spells out why investigators believe he killed Nancy Argentino in 1983.
    Long story short ... cops say Snuka told investigators in 1983 that Nancy injured her head while the two were "fooling around" outside of their motel room in Allentown, PA when he pushed her and she fell, striking her head.
    Fast forward to 2012 ... when Snuka published his autobiography, "Superfly: The Jimmy Snuka Story" in which Jimmy's story changes RADICALLY.
    In the book, Snuka says Nancy slipped and fell on her own while going to the bathroom at a rest stop. He makes no mention of an altercation whatsoever.
    Well, cops took notice of the extreme change in his story and reopened the case -- ultimately, determining there was enough evidence to prove Snuka laid a serious beatdown on Nancy, which directly caused her death.
    Snuka was arrested today in his NJ home. He has since posted bail.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Jake T. wrote: »
    Just saw that. Girlfriend's family kept the pressure on. I have to wonder what new evidence they've found that they are charging him now and not any time since 1983...

My guess would be DNA .. guess it wasn't
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Either way, he beat the rap sentence wise. He took 4-1 on freedom. If proven guilty the state gets a steroid ravaged old man with health issues.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    So if he was found innocent the first time which was so long ago doesn't the case close on statue of limitation ..

ahh, stupid me I just found my own answer:

Criminal
    Description Statute
    Murder, No time limit N.J. Stat. § 2C:1-6(a)(1)
    Rape ("Sexual Assault"), No time limit N.J. Stat. § 2C:1-6(a)(1)
    Receiving Stolen Property, 1 or 5 years (Depending on the facts of the case) N.J. Stat. § 2C:1-6(b)(1) or (2)
    Robbery, 5 years N.J. Stat. § 2C:1-6(b)
  • BigJoeyBigJoey Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    This happened in the state of pa.