Betting Talk

Baseball Favs

BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Sports Betting
Does anyone have any data that would show how one would do simply betting all the favorites in MLB this year? Or for other years. A friend told me that you would be way ahead, but I have a hard time believing that to be true. I know that favs are 1078-804 so far this year, 57.28% (that data might not include this weeks games). But would that win % be enough to overcome the juice on losses. Personally, I told him I thought that the balance sheet would be a lot closer than he thinks.

Comments

• StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2015
    Does anyone have any data that would show how one would do simply betting all the favorites in MLB this year? Or for other years. A friend told me that you would be way ahead, but I have a hard time believing that to be true. I know that favs are 1078-804 so far this year, 57.28% (that data might not include this weeks games). But would that win % be enough to overcome the juice on losses. Personally, I told him I thought that the balance sheet would be a lot closer than he thinks.

My numbers are a little different than yours but there are a few games that could go one way or another with a change of a couple cents but I see 1078-818 as of yesterday vs closing lines -20.08 units(home favs would be +11.5).